Is the 'I Love You' Worth It?

Family Outing

.

Oh my god, this isnt’ working.

I’m attempting to nurse Ramona and my damn bra isn’t helping. I’m going to have to break down and actually buy a maternity bra. I’d hoped to avoid it, but I don't’ think I’ll be able to do that any longer. That and I'd like to be able to leave the house once and a while, and so far I've been just wearing doubled up sports bras. That's not a good look.

I let Ramona finish and head out to the front room
“I think I need a new bra,” I say plopping on the couch next to Tre.
“Oooh,” Tre says wiggling his eye brows. “Can I come?”
I roll my eyes.
“I don’t care.”
He wiggles his eyebrows again.
“Let’s go.”

We arrive at the mall and Tre hooks Ramona up in her stroller.
“Betty used to work here,” Tre says as we enter Mervyns.
“I remember you saying that,” I say wheeling Ramona around ta woman who’s standing directly in the idle of the pathway. She turns towards me and gives me the stink eye. Tre grins at her.
“She worked in shoes, but they put her in the underwear part on her first day,” he continues.
“Oh god,” I say, imagining his friend Betty working in the lingerie department. It’s best to keep her and women’s undergarments separate. Especially around potential customers.
“Mm hmm,” he says, glancing over at me. “She said that it was going well, so her supervisor left her alone and t his old lady comes up and is like, ‘I’m looking for a bra,’ and Betty’s like, ‘okay, can you describe it?’ And the old lady’s like, ‘well, it’s champagne colored and sheer. Very sheer. And all the while, Betty notices she’s unbuttoning her shirt, and the old lady’s like, she’s,” he mimes ripping a shirt open.
I burst into laughter. “Are you serious?”
Tre nods enthusiastically. “Yup and Betty’s just like, ‘That is sheer!’”
I can completely envision her doing that and my laughter comes out n snorts, causing Tre to start giggling. Several women in the ‘career’ section stop and stare at us. They probably think we’re loaded. I attempt to recover and maneuver Ramona’s stroller to the bra section. I he this is where they’ll be. Maybe they’re in with the Maternity clothes. Do they sell maternity clothes here? They must.
“oooh!” Tre says holding up a giant red push up bra.
“No,” I say snatching it out of his hands an placing it back on the rack.
He sighs audibly and pushes the stroller into the next row of racks over. I can the racks, wondering where the maternity bras would be. They’d probably be in the bigger sized section.

“I’m going to be just over here,” I say, pointing past the lingerie department cash register.
"Mm hmm," he mumbles.
I wander over and find them. They're packaged in a bag thing. God, I hope it's okay to try them on. I cannot buy a bra without trying it on. I glance around for a sales person to ask, but no one's around, so I just grab my size and head to the dressing room. That is how Tre would do it, and I am some how a Wright now. I find Tre rummaging through a clearance rack of panties near the enterance to the dressing rooms.
"I'm just going to try this one," I say.
"Okay," he says, holding up a pair and inspecting them.

I try it on and I can barely get it over my chest. Okay, I know my chest has gotten bigger, but not that much. It's not like I've been wearing my old bra though. Like I said, just doubling the sports bras. That's what not leaving the house will get you.
I put my shirt back on and go get the next size up.
"Can we go?" Tre asks as I'm reentering the dressing room.
"One more," I say and head into my stall. I try on the new one and luckily it fits, but I hate how it feels. I'm so not used to wearing this much fabric. I feel like a nun. Or something like that.
Okay, Lisea. You're a mom now. No more pretty underwear. Tre will be thrilled.

"Alright," I say exiting the dressing rooms.
"Cool, it fit?" he asks, switching Ramona to his left shoulder. I nod, motion for him to follow and push her stroller up to the register.
"I don't get what this means." he says, pointing to the sizing on the bra package.
"It's sizing. The numbers are the band size and the letters are the cupsize," I say, placing it on the counter.
"Hmm," he says.
"Did you find everything you were looking for?" she asks.
"Oh yes," I say. She rings it up and Tre puts Ramona back in the stroller. "I had to go up a size," I say to him.
"Yeah," he says matter-of-factly.
"I was surprised."
"Surprised?" he laughs. "You haven't noticed?"
"Noticed what?" I ask, taking the bag from the cashier and thanking her.
Tre giggles.
"Your cans are huge!"
I glance at the cashier, who smiles at me, and grab the stroller, pushing it out of the department.
"Well, compared to before," he says.
"Tre!" I squeak when we're out of earshot.
"What?" he says, smiling innocently.