Is the 'I Love You' Worth It?

Plans

Tre’s mom was so excited about our pending nuptials, that she drove down and offered to babysit Ramona for the day while we planned. Free childcare sounds good to me.

“Okay,” I say opening the notebook I brought along on the table. We decided to go out to lunch, since we haven’t been able to do that in a wile and with the free childcare and all…
“So what are we supposed to plan exactly?” Tre says, shoving a piece of bread in his mouth.
“I don’t know, just the while thing I guess.”
He twists up his mouth in confusion.
“Yeah,” I sigh, “We should probably plan our planning, huh?”
“Yeah,” he laughs. “That’d be the way to go.”
“Well, what’s most important?” I say, more to myself than anyone else.
“I don’t know,” he mumbles, watching for the waiter to bring our food.
“Well, okay… location?”
“What about location?”
“Where do you want it to be held?” I sigh.
“I don’t know.”
“Okay, you’re going to have to be more of a help than that,” I give him a look.
“Sorry,” he says eating more bread.
“Ummm,” I say, trying to think. “Okay, this is harder than I thought it was going to be.”
“Yeah. Well, is there anything you want to do, like, all the planning for?” he offers, trying to be discreet in the fact that he’s trying to pass it all off on me.
“Um, I guess I figured I would pick out my dress,” I say.
“Yeah, I don’t want to do that,” he chuckles.
“I figured as much.”
He gives me a silly grin. “Okay so that’s one thing. Write it down.”
I write down ‘dress-me’.
“And?”
“Okay”, he says, getting excited and sitting up straight.
“Well what are you going to wear?” I say.
“Oh shit,” he says slumping back down. “I hadn’t thought of that.”
“Well-“
“I can decide later,” he says pulling his arms off the table out of the way of the waiter bringing us our food. “So when should we have it?”
“Umm…”
“It’s January right now, right? So we should do it next month.”
“No,” I say, spooning dressing on my salad. “That’s too soon. We won’t have enough time.”
“Billie Joe and Adrienne planned their wedding in two weeks,” he says.
“Yeah, but-“
“It’s okay,” he interrupts me. “So…”
“How about March?” I offer. He nods approvingly, so I scrawl ‘MARCH’ across the top margin of the paper.
“Oooh, we’re accomplishing so much!” he squeals. I laugh.
“We can look on the calendar when we get home to pick the exact day,” I say.
“Mmhmm,” he mumbles through his food.