Is the 'I Love You' Worth It?

The Hunt is On

Today me and Adrienne are going dress shopping. We convinced the boys to babysit Ramona, so we didn’t have to deal with her stroller.

“What kind of dress are you looking for?” Adrienne asks me as we drive around.
“I’m not sure,” I say. “A cheap one?”
She laughs.

The first place we hit is a specialty bridal/prom type store.
“Hmm,” I say surveying the goods. “It may be a little too bridal-prom for me.”
“Yeah,” Adrienne says, leaning on a rack. She’s so pregnant she looks like she’s going to pop any minute.
I browse the racks, but find them to be very Miss America- and very pricey.
“Four hundred bucks!” I say under my breath. “I can’t pay that.”
Adrienne laughs.
“I can just see the look on Tre’s face,” I say, shoving it back on the rack and crossing my arms, facing Adrienne. She gives me a look.
“He wouldn’t allow it?”
“No, it’s not that. He’d probably bully me into buying it,” I laugh. “But deep down I know he’d be thinking off all the gear he could buy”
We both laugh this time.
“All the hours spent in Guitar Center,” Adrienne chuckles.
“Seriously.”
**

We head to the second bridal store on our list.
“It looks like a lot of the same,” Adrienne says, glancing around at the racks of poof and bored sales girls.
“Oh no,” I say zipping over to a rack. “The last one didn’t have this lovely little number.” I pull a halter dress and wave it at Adrienne. Her jaw drops. It has a completely open back, with the top of the skirt’s waistband just coming up over the ass and the front is like a halter bikini top with a two inch wide strip of satin connecting to the top to the skirt down the middle of the torso.
“Oh my, it’s…” Adrienne searches for her words, obviously trying to think of something nice to say. “Uh, it’s”
I can’t help but laugh. She totally thinks that I’m serious.
“Whoresome?” I say giggling into my hand.
“Uh, definitely!” she says, a smile breaking over her face.
“How could you think I was serious,” I say in a low voice as I spy a shopgirl heading over our way.
“You looked so serious,” she whispers back.

“Is there anything I can help you ladies out with?” she says, putting on a “sell sell sell” face. “Would you like to try that on?”
“OH!” I say, shoving it roughly back onto the rack. “Uh, uh, uh”
“We’re still browsing,” Adrienne says, saving me while I back away from the whore dress. “But thank you.”
The shop girl looks disappointed. “Okay, just let us know when you’re ready.”
“Thanks,” I cough, crookedly smiling at her as she turned away. “Oh god, let’s get out of here.”
Adrienne nods, and we bolt.

“Well, shit,” I mumble, crossing off the stores off our list. Adrienne glances at me. I shrug. “This is harder than I thought it was going to be. I don’t even want to do this anymore.”
“We can always go out another day. Maybe some of these places will get new shipment in…?” she says.
“Erg, I hope so,” I mumble. “I really don’t want to look like I was an unwed mother.”
We both laugh.