Status: Complete

What Doesn't Die

“Oh my god, your a lesbian aren't you!?”

“I have something that I need to tell you.”

“What is it?”


“I, well, I don't know if I can just come out and say this, um, maybe it would be better-”

“Oh my god, your a lesbian aren't you!?” I yelled, then mental crossed my fingers hoping she would say no.

GOD NO!”

“Thank, god.” I said shortly followed by a sigh of relief.

She looked away from me and was now staring at the ocean in front of us. I leaned forward so that I could see her face, she turned her head towards me and we locked eyes. In her eyes I saw pain, regret, love, fear and anxiousness. I leaned forward and placed a gentle kiss on her lips before I spoke these words, “Emma, you can tell me anything.”

“I just don't want to lose you.” she said as a tear rolled down her cheek.

“You won't.” I said wiping the tear from her cheek.

“How can you know that?”

“Well, did you kill someone?”

“No.”

“Are you already taken?”

“No.”

“Then I know.” Emma looked at me for a minute, then she stood up and began to walk away.

“Where are you going?” I called after her.

“Home.” she stated then started walking again, I watched her for a few seconds trying to figure out what she is up to, then she turned around and came back to me.

“Are you coming or not?” she asked.

“I don't know yet.” I answered honestly.

“I thought you wanted to know what I had to tell you.”

“Well then by all means, let us be off.” I said in a horrible British accent.

Emma giggled before grabbing my hand.

Image

Emma's House


I shut the engine off and started to get out, but Emma stopped me.

“What's wrong?” I asked her.

“Nothing, I am just nervous.”

“About what, me meeting your parents?”

“No, um okay so do you remember a boy named Kyle, that used to go to school with us?”

“Yea, you dated him freshman year, then you kinda went AWOL.”

“Yeah, well he broke up with me.”

“Why?”

She looked up at the large window in the living room and I saw her father holding a little girl that looked just like Emma.

“That's why.” she said pointing at the little girl.

“Because you have a sister?” I asked.

“No, because he got me pregnant.”

I sat there for a minute trying to process what Emma just told me., she had a daughter. I thought back trying to remember someone at school telling me about it or seeing her pregnant, but she just came back this year, our senior year.

“How is that possible?” I asked.

“Well Brian, when two people-”

“That is not what I meant, Emma.”

“I was home schooled while I was pregnant, and last year.”

“Not that I am not glad you did, but why did you come back?”

“Because I realized that I was hiding from him, and I don't want her to follow in my foot steps, I want her to learn to face her fears.”

“Does anybody know about her?”

“Just me and my family, Kyle, Jimmy and now you.”

“What's her name.”

“Abigail, but I call her Abby.”

“Can I meet her?” I asked looking over at Emma.

“I was hoping you would ask that. Yes, you can Brian.”
♠ ♠ ♠
yeah, i put a lot of thought into this chapter, it could have went so many different ways, but i like they way it is.

let me know what you think.

Thanks For The Comments:
Star Angel
ladyofsorrows101
Chaos rvaen
doompatrol13
Jazz1617