Status: Complete

What Doesn't Die

Closer to the Edge

Ten Years Later

“BRIAN!” I heard Jimmy, one of my best friends, yelling from the other side of my locked door. You see Jimmy has this thing with barging into rooms and houses and anything else that can be barged into, unannounced. Not that I mind I mean I love him to death but there are certain times that you don't want to be interrupted. This thought reminds me that I am not alone in my bed, I roll over and see the girl I have been in love with since I was seven years old, she is my soul mate. And right now she is sleeping very peacefully in my bed, god I am a lucky man.

“BRIAN!! OPEN THE DOOR!!!” Jimmy yelled.

I get up and walk to the door not bothering to put on a shirt or my pants.

“Jimmy, be quite, Allie is sleeping, quite peacefully, which is my doing, not brag or anything but last night I fuc...”

“BRIAN, I would rather not here the details.”Suzy, my step-mother said from behind Jimmy.

“oh, sorry.” I said a little embarrassed

“I just thought you would want to know that Allie's father is looking for her and that he is pissed at the fact that his daughter was not in her bed this morning, like you promised she would be.”

“Shit!” I yelled earning that motherly look from Suzy and a laugh from both Jimmy and my father, who is also named Brian, but we call him Papa Gates, since my nickname is Synyster Gates, to keep things from getting confusing.

I ran back into my bedroom to wake Allie up and take her home, before her dad came over here and found her in my bed, again.

I walked over to the bed to find that Allie was already awake.

“Good morning, baby” Allie said as I walked over to her.

“I thought you were sleeping.”

“I was better Jimmy woke me up.”

“Oh, I'm sorry, But baby I need to take you home. Your dad is already royally pissed at me.”

“Alright, can I take a shower first.” She said with a smile I have never refused.

“Okay.” I said.

Allie got up from my bed and left the room after placing a small kiss on my lips. I decided it would probably be in both mine and Allie's best interest to call and inform her father, Jackson, that I would be returning Allie soon. I walked from my bedroom and into the living room where everyone was, and I mean everyone, for now all of my other friends were here. Johnny was sleeping on the floor, Jimmy and Zacky were playing a video game I didn't recognize and Matt was helping Papa Gates draw on Johnny's face. I walked into the kitchen where my step-mother was preparing a huge breakfast, and grabbed the phone.

“Who are you calling, Brian?” Suzy asked.

“Jackson, I should let him know that Allie is going to take a shower and eat then she will be home.” I said and I saw the worried expression come the her face.

“Maybe me or your father should do that. Jackson is to fond of you, sweetie.”

“I know that, Mom. But I can't hide from him forever.” I said dialing Allie's number.

After about ten rings he picked up.

“What the hell do you want, boy” Jackson's rough voice asked.

“I was only calling to inform you that I will be returning Allie, in a little while. She is going to eat breakfast with me and my friends and family.”

“Boy, you don't speak for my daughter!”

“I am not trying to, sir.”

“Boy, you think you're slick don't you. I know what is on your mind and I know that I will never let you take my little girl from me. And if you hurt her in anyway I will not even think twice about killing you.” His voice went from mad to sad and back to angry as he spoke.

“I'm not trying to take her away from you, Sir. And I would never hurt her.” I said, and I meant every word of what I said.

I hear a click on the other end which told me that he hung up, I turned around and ran straight into my dad.

“What the hell, Dad.”

“Sorry, I was just gonna ask to talk to Jackson. He needs to quit being rude to you all the time.”

My dad is normally a very patient and forgiving man, but there are just somethings that he won't over look, and this was on of them. I gave Jackson a lot more space to be like this giving everything that he has been through.

“Dad, what he thinks I am trying to do makes perfect since.”

I got a confused look from Papa Gates on that one.

“How so?” he asked

“Well, he is just afraid of losing Allie, she is all he has and he thinks I am going to be the one to take that away from him and leave him alone. Wouldn't you do everything humanly possible to prevent that if you were him, I know I would.”

“I guess so, I always forget that Missy is gone.”

I looked up and saw Allie standing on the porch, with a sad expression on her face. Papa walked back into the house after apologizing and kissing her cheek. I walked up and wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled as close to me as possible.

“I love you, you know that right?” I asked

“I know, I love you, too Brian.” she said as she leaned up to kiss me.

Our lips locked and stayed connect and moving, and things were getting pretty heated when Jimmy came running out of the kitchen screaming. I pulled away and pulled Allie behind, instinctively.

“Jimmy, what the hell is it?” I asked

“There is a SPIDER in the kitchen!”

About that time Johnny came walking out of the house holding a fly swat with a dead spider on it. Jimmy ran back into the house running from the spider once again.

“god he is such a baby.” Johnny muttered.

We all walked back into the house to eat breakfast. I couldn't help but think that I am one lucky son of a bitch
♠ ♠ ♠
okay so let me know what you think.

don't be silent, i want to know what you think, but i unfortunately can not read minds. =[