Status: Complete

What Doesn't Die

“The mean man is here.”

Everything was short and tense on the car ride home, Emma still hadn't said a word about the fight. We pulled into the drive and she shut the engine off with a sigh. I smiled to myself upon hearing Abby's laughter from inside the house.

“I'm sorry.” Emma said.

“What for?” I replied.

“I lost it, I shouldn't have, but I did. And I’m sorry.”

“It was my fault.” I said after looking at her and seeing how sad she was.

“No it wasn't, Brian. I don't like violence but I guess sometimes it has to be done.”

“Yea, it's not like you just attacked for no good reason, baby. The bitch asked for it.” I said with a laugh, Emma giggled.

“I guess your right. I just don't want to set a bad example for Abigail, I want to be a good mother.”

“You are baby.” I said, before leaning over and kissing her lips softly. Things were getting pretty hot when I heard a light rapping noise from the window. I looked over to see Papa standing at my window with a smirk on his face. We got out of the car and Papa followed us into the house.

“Cock blocker.” I mumbled as we started up the stairs to the front door.

“Paybacks a bitch son.” Papa mumbled back with a small laugh.

“What are you two talking about?” Emma asked.

“Nothing.” Papa and I responded at the same time.

The Next Day

At The Zoo
[/

“Brian, I want to look at the eleies!” Abby screamed as we got out of the car.

“Alright, we'll look at the... What?” I asked confused by the three year old’s words.

“The elephants, baby.” Emma said with a giggle.

“Right.” I said with a smirk, before picking Abby and placing her on my shoulder and taking Emma's hand.

As we walked around the zoo, I couldn't help but feel so content and happy. I had a beautiful girlfriend and a little girl, I knew she wasn't truly my daughter but I can't help feeling that way.

“Brian, did you here I word I just said.” Emma asked pulling me from my thoughts.

“Yes.”

“What did I say then?” she tested, putting her hands on her hips, I laughed when I saw Abby do the same thing from her spot nest to her mother.

“You said the you love me unconditionally and that you wanted to marry me and let me help you raise Abigail.” I said, hoping that I was right, but knowing I was wrong.

“YAY!!! Can he mama please!!!” Abby said running to me, I picked her up.

“Yeah, mama please!” I said making the same pouting face as Abby.

“We'll see.” she said, I frowned.

“I said, let's go eat.”

We walked to the car, and I took Emma and Abby to McDonald's knowing that was Abby's favorite place.

Emma and Abby ordered, I on the other hand was to upset to eat.

Why didn't Emma say Yes to mine and Abby's pleas? Did she not love me the way that I loved her? Did I do something wrong? I sat there so lost in thought that I didn't notice that Abigail had gotten up to go play. I shook my head and turned to watch Abby. What would happen if Emma and I broke up, would she still allow me to see Abby? I hope so, I really love that kid. As I sat there I started thinking back to my childhood, I couldn't understand why my mother treated me the way she did. It had to be my fault. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I pulled it out and saw 1 New Text, it was from my papa it read Your mom called again. =[ That's twice this week and three times today, just thought you should know..

I was trying my damnedest not to show emotion, I must be stupid, my own mother couldn't love me so how could Emma love me enough to marry me someday.

“Brian?” Emma asked.

“What?” I replied, a bit harsher than I intended.

“What's wrong?”

“Nothing.” I lied, I didn't want her to worry.

“Tell me.”

“Look, it's nothing alright.”

“Brian.”

“You love me right?”

“Yeah, I do.” she said, her eyebrows furrowing at little.

“Enough to marry me someday?”

“Yea, I didn't say that in front of Abby cause I didn't want her to get her hopes up, I didn't mean to hurt you.”

“you didn't, well you did a little.”

We were pulled from our conversation when Abigail came running to us with tears running down her little face. Emma picked her and rocked her trying to calm her down, while I looked for the source of her tears. I saw nothing out of the ordinary.

“Abby sweetheart, what happened?” I asked.

She reached out for me from Emma's arms across the table. I took her in my arms and she spoke.

“The mean man is here.” she said looking at her mom, I followed her eyes and saw Emma tense.

“Don't let him hit mommy, please. You loves us right, Bri?” Abby asked and I felt my heartbreak.

“I won't baby, I love you both to much.”

“Emma, take Abigail and go back to my house.”

“Why?”

“Just go, I'll be there soon.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So i only got one comment for my last chapter which means that you mus not have likes it. =[

should i end it soon or keep going?

Emma and Abby