Status: Complete

What Doesn't Die

All My Fault

Two Hours Later


Emma's Point of View


Brian still hasn't got out of surgery. He was shot twice, one was just a flesh wound but the other barely missed his lung. They are trying to get the internal bleeding to stop.

“Emma.” I turned around to see who was calling out to me, I was surprised to see Zacky.

“Yeah?”

“How are you?”

“I am fine, just worried.”

“Brian will be fine. He has a lot to fight for.” Zack comforted. I heard the sound of heels on the cold hospital floor and looked to identify the sounds origin, I saw Allison standing in the doorway.

“Zacky, can I talk to Emma alone?” She asked. I really hope that he says no, I am not in the mood to deal with her.

“Sure babe.” Zacky replied, damn. She walked over and took Zacky's place next to me.

“What could you possibly have to say to me, Allison?” I asked to tired bother being nice.

“I'm sorry. For everything, not just Brian.”

“Cool.” I said, not believing a word of it.

“I didn't know what Kyle was capable of, I thought we would just break you and Brian up and I would get a chance with Brian again.”

“Well, it didn't work.”

“I know.” she said looking down at her feet.

“Listen, I wish that I could say that I forgive you but, Brian is in the fucking hospital because of the choices you made!” I said getting loud the further I got into my mini-rant.

“I'm sorry, if I had known this would happen I never have agreed to help Kyle. This is all my fault.” Allison said letting the tears roll.

“No, it's not all your fault. It's more my fault than yours, I should have stayed away, I knew that Kyle had problems but, I never dreamed that this would happen. This is all my fault.” I said more to myself than anyone.

This was all my fault.

Brian's Point of View


Two Hours Later


I heard the faint sound of someone sniffling and breathing. Am I dead? I tried to wiggle my fingers shocked when I found that I had control of my actions. I took a labored breath and opened my eyes, glad that it didn't hurt like the last time I tried to open them. My pain free moment was short lived, the sight that met my eyes broke me, not just my heart, but everything in me. Emma was sitting in the chair next to me bed holding a sleeping Abigail, who appeared to have been crying as well.

“Emma?” I said, catching a movement in my peripheral vision, it was Mama and Papa Gates, Matt, Jimmy, Johnny and Zacky who had his arm around Allison's shaking figure. Why the hell is she crying? I thought to myself, but she isn't what matters, Emma is.

“Why are you crying, baby?” I asked, reaching my hand out to her.

“You were shot, twice.” she said, sounding exactly like a robot.

“I know that, but I’m fine now.” I reasoned.

“This time.”

“What?” I asked.

“Uh, guys lets give them some privacy.” Papa Gates said. Everyone left, but not before Suzy and Papa walked over to tell me they loved me.

“What's wrong, the truth not that you were shot bullshit!”

“Its not bullshit, jackass.” she said,i couldn't help but giggle.

“Tell me.”

“I can't, just know that I am sorry and I love you, always will.” she said before standing up and draping the sleeping little girl over her shoulder.

“Emma, I love you, too.” I said, as I watched her leave I had to fight the urge to jump up and run after her, her words felt to much like a goodbye. She wouldn't leave would she? Not after what I just went through for her?
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't kill me i'm sorry that it took so long i am having internet problems right now!!

but on the flip side, i didn't kill Brian!! YAY >_<

i love you all!!!!

Let me know what you think is going to happen