Status: Complete

What Doesn't Die

The End

Brian's Point of View

“Are we really going to do this?” Matt asked once we stepped out of the car.

“Yeah, I don't have any other choice.”

“I know.” he said.

I looked over at him and saw the uneasy expression, I can't say that I blame him. I wouldn't want to take a life either, but I can't help but be excited for this.

“Listen, I don't want you to do anything with that.” I said pointing at the gun in his hand “unless you have no other option.” I stated to Matt.

“Don't worry, I’m all for beating the shit out of this guy. But I don't think I am capable of murder. If it can be avoided.”

“Alright let's do this.” Jason said, walking over to us.

We began walking up the dark pathway that lead to the tiny cabin where Kyle was hiding. The entire walk I had memories from the past few months playing in my head. I know that there is a chance that I may not walk away from here tonight. And if I don't that's okay, as long as Kyle is dead and gone and Abby and Emma can live there lives without any interference from him.

“I'm going to go in and try to get Jack down in the basement.” Jason whispered once the cabin came into view.

“Okay.”

“Once, get in give me three minutes then we can get this show on the road.” he laughed, as we reached the back door.

Me and Matt stood there for about two minutes before I spoke.

“Wait here until I yell for you.” I said walking inside.

I crept through the kitchen, sticking my head out of the doorway to see where Kyle was. Jason had done as he said and gotten the other guy into the basement. I took a deep breath and walked over to Kyle who was sitting on the couch looking at floor.

I slowly pulled my gun out and cleared my throat. The noise caused Kyle to jump up and turn to face me.

“What? How did you find me here?” he asked, fear in his eyes.

“Never mind that.”

“What do you want?”

“I want you to disappear.”

“Yeah, I can make that happen.”

“So can I” I said as I cocked my gun.

“WAIT! You can't kill me!”

“And why the hell not, you tried to kill me.”

“So, I have backup! JACK! JASON!” he yelled.

I heard footsteps then Jason appeared.

“Yeah.” Jason said nonchalantly.

“Get this motherfucker!” Kyle yelled.

“Oh, howdy Brian. I see you made it alright.”

“Yep.” I said trying to stifle my laughter.

“Your alone now motherfucker!” Matt yelled, walking into the house.

“You don't listen very well.” I said looking over at him, which was a bad decision for as soon as my eyes left Kyle he made a run for it.

Emma's Point of View


“This is driving me crazy!” I yelled from my spot on the couch.

“Me too” Suzy replied.

“I can't believe they wouldn't take me.” Johnny pouted.

“Hey, like Brian said, you get to protect us women folk.” I said with a small laugh.

Johnny stuck his tongue out at me before walking out to sit on the porch.

“Mama?” I heard Abby yell from Brian's room.

I got up and walked into the room.

“What is it baby girl? Your supposed to be sleeping.”

“I want Bri to read me a story.” she said with a cute little yawn.

“He isn't home right now.”

“Oh.”

“Mama?”

“Yeah?”

“Can you wake me up when he is?”

“Of course, now get some sleep.”

“Otay.”

I heard a car door slam and ran outside. My entire world seem to brighten when I saw Brian getting out of the car. I ran over and jumped into his arms.

“Your home.” I said as I leaned up and connected out lips.

“Are you okay? Are you hurt? Is anything broken?” I asked as I lifted his shirt.

“I'm fine. Matt's Fine. We are all fine.” he said taking my face in his hands.

“It's all over now.”

“I love you, Brian!”

“I love you too.”
♠ ♠ ♠
this will be the end of this story and there will not be a sequel.

i want to thank you all for your support, it's safe to say that this story wouldn't have gotten as far without you all.

i love you all!

and i have a new story up, it's a M. Shadows story.
Letting Go