Status: Complete

What Doesn't Die

I wish I didn't feel anything Part II

I ran all the way home, I threw my front door open and ran into my room. I looked around trying to remember where I hid my gun, by that time Matt, Jimmy and my step-mom and Papa Gates had welcomed themselves into my room.

“Oh God.” My mom said looking at my hand that held my pistol.

“Brian, please tell me that you didn't have that with you when you left early.” My dad said.

“No, dad, I didn't have this with me when I left, I came back to get it so I can kill that piece-o-shit motherfucker.” I said walking past my family and friends.

“Brian, do you think that I am just gonna let you leave this house with a gun in your hands as mad as you are.” Papa Gates said.

I stopped at his words and turned around, why I don't know, I I always want to have the last word. Papa Gates looked at Matt who immediately grabbed me by the arm. I jerked away from him and grabbed my dad's car keys off the table and running to the car.

“Gates!” Jimmy yelled as I backed out of the driveway.

I took off towards Allie's and made it there in record time. I threw my car door open and walked to the front door and stood there with my pistol in my hand. I knocked on the door and Allie opened the door.

“Brian, what are you doing?” she asked.

“Where's Zack.” I said looking at her.

“He left. Brian what are you doing with that gun.”
I turned to see that Zacky's car was gone and she wasn't just lying to me to save his ass.

I walked into the house and sat down on the couch, Allie followed me and sat down on the couch next to me.

“So, have you been fucking Zacky behind my back or was this just a one time thing.”

“Are you drunk?”

“No.”

“Are you on something?”

“No.”

“Then, what the hell are you doing?” She said motioning to the gun in my hand.

“ALLISON, STOP AVOIDING THE DAMN QUESTION!”

“Brian, I don't know what to say to you.” Allie said looking at the floor.

“That's all I need to hear.”

“Brian, what were you going to do if Zacky was still here?” she asked now looking at me.

“Well, I have every intention to kill the good for nothing backstabbing motherfucker.” I stated not bothering to hide the coldness in my voice.

“You said have instead of had.” Allie pointed out.

“I know.” I said.

I walked out the door and got in my car and drove home.

I pulled in the drive and Matt, Papa Gates and Jimmy ran to the car. They all looked worried.

“Don't worry, he wasn't there.” I told them as the walked up to me.

“Who wasn't there, man.” Matt asked. Oh yeah, they don't know.

“Zacky, apparently him and Allie have been sneaking around.” I told them.

I started to walk into the house and Jimmy came running up behind me and jumped on my back knocking me to the ground.

“Dude, I thought you said you had it!” Matt yelled at Jimmy.

“I did, Brian isn't going in the house anymore, that's what you wanted.” Jimmy said standing up. Wait, why don't they want me to go in the house.

“What's going on.” I asked.

“I'll tell you but first you have to give me the gun.” Papa said as he walked over and offered me his hand. I took it and once I was vertical again, I handed him the gun.

“Now, someone spill.”

“Hey, Brian.” Zacky said from the door. I never said a word. I took off running, and didn't stop till my body knocked his to the ground.