Status: Incomplete. Sorry.

The Seven Sins

The Angel

Around the light and the angel, however, his sight ended. He tried to open his left eye and the angel screamed at him. “Stop imbecile!” “You are not strong enough to use both eyes at once. Just trying to at this point could end your short life.” Tazz’s ears rang from the verbal insult. “Where is Seighty?” the angel asked. “I don’t know,” Tazz lied. “Idiot!” the angel screamed. “Do not lie to an angel!” Tazz fell to the ground as his left eye flared up in pain yet again. “Now where is she?” The pain subsided and Tazz slowly got back to his knees. “I left her in the town that I just came from.” “Now why would a hybrid like you do that?” the angel asked. Tazz took a deep breath before answering. “She was happy there,” he said. “I see that you speak the truth,” the angel said. “I’ll summon her here immediately.” “Wait!” Tazz yelled. “Your insolence is insulting boy!” the angel screamed, causing Tazz to nearly writhe in pain on the ground. Tazz stood up, breathing hard. “I’ve brought the map. You have no reason to bring her here.” “Hmm…” the angel said. “I take it that it’s in the box under your arm?” Tazz nodded. “You’re a better errand boy than I thought. Tazz’s temper flared, but he quickly got it under control. The angel laughed. “It’s a good thing you didn’t give in that,” it said. “Or you may have ended up dead where you stood.”
Tazz held out the box to the angel. “What are you doing?” Tazz looked up, confused. “Didn’t you want this?” “Yes, but not for me. It’s for you, even though you can’t read it yet. “You now have the map, now you need to learn to use both of your eyes at the same time. You will travel west of here until you hit a town. Unlike the last town, this one is well defended and full of useful things to refill your arsenal of metallic balls. You will solve their problem, but not before learning of the state that their precious planet is in and why. After you solve their problem, you’ll be shown a place where you will find a mentor who is just like you. She will teach you how to use both of your eyes. I’ll summon Seighty to keep an eye on you.” “No,” Tazz said. “What?” the angel asked and Tazz braced himself. “I won’t do it if you don’t release Seighty from all bonds owed to you and anyone else she may owe favors to.” “I could kill you on the spot boy,” the angel said, raising a hand. “Yes, but that would delay your plans until someone else like me came along. Can you really chance that delay?” Tazz had been grasping at straws, but he saw that his argument had scored some points with the angel. “I must say that I admire your courage boy. I’ll tell you what. If you complete this mission, you have my word as a servant of God that I’ll release her.”
“Deal?” Tazz nodded grimly. “Good, now be on your way and keep that map close boy.” With that, the angel was gone and the light faded slowly. Blind again, Tazz closed his right eye and opened his left. For the first time, he took in what he saw. “He could see everything, from the pebbles on the ground to the clouds in the sky, but all of it was red, tainted with sin. “Why?” he wondered to himself as he went back to his bike. He secured the box and climbed on. He revved it up and shot westward. “So an angel is behind my going to that town.” He frowned as he considered another question. “What am I?” He rode on, refusing to stop for anything. Thirst gnawed at his consciousness, but he refused to acknowledge it. Fatigue threatened to close his eyes, but he forced them open. The sun was well in the middle of the sky when Tazz spotted the town. It was an impressive town. Big metal wall surrounded it as well as some trees. Before he could admire it too much however, the ground in front of it began to rumble. Tazz looked and below it he could see a mass of dark red figures tearing at the ground underneath. “Looks like another attack,” Tazz thought to himself. He was about to speed up when the angel’s words reverberated in his head. “It’s was a well defended town,” it had said. Tazz stopped his bike and leaned forward on the handles.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment