Status: One shot

Heaven Help Us

Gerard

Gerard sat back in his chair, his heart beating fast, and his head pounding. His hand began to feel clammy and he felt like he was going to throw up.
"Thank you", Evangeline told the boys as Roxanne, her guide dog, led her out. Worm, being the gentleman that he is, parted the crowd for the "poor" blind girl.
"That didn't go to well Angel", a soft voice echoed in the girls head.
"Oh Roxy, just give him some time, he'll find me.", Evangeline patted Roxanne's head. Angel slid on her ray ban sunglasses and walked off with Roxy, knowing they would be needed later.

Gerard was shaking after the strange girl left. So many thoughts were pounding through his head. A voice that sounded so far away was calling him back.
"Gerard? Gee are you alright?", It was Frank, the smaller man leaned over to his best friend.
Frank put a hand to Gerard's forehead and called Worm over.
"Gee is all clammy and doesn't look too good. I think we better rap it up."
Worm escorted the four men out of the building. Gerard leaning on Frank for support. As they boarded the bus he looked over his shoulder, to the other side of the street, to see the back of a girls head and the wag of a dog's tail going around a corner.
♠ ♠ ♠
Why am I still writing this?