Beside You

b a t t l e g r o u n d

Adeline’s day was progressing horribly, she had woken up late, had to work the merch booth by herself since Julia wanted to watch the set, and Amanda had shown up during the middle of Marianas Trench’s last song. It also didn’t help that her ex-boyfriend Trevor texted her begging for her to talk to him. All in all, Adeline was ready to call it a day.

“Come get a drink with me?” Julia appeared from nowhere as Addy was shoving the left over merchandise in their correct boxes. Addy glanced up from the shirt she was refolding and noticed her friend’s nervous expression.

“Hey, what’s wrong?”

Julia shook her head, “Nothing… just want to get some late lunch with someone.”

Addy placed the shirt in the box. “And you didn’t think to ask Matt?” Raising an eyebrow, she placed her hands on her hips. “What’s up, Jules? What are you trying to make me avoid?”

Her friend’s dark eyes shot around the tent, “No one.”

“Liar.”

“I’m not ly-”

Addy narrowed her hazel eyes accusingly as she cut her friend off. “I asked what not who you were trying to make me avoid.” Julia mumbled curses under her breath as she planted herself on the empty table that still needed to be folded up and stored away on the bus. “Give it up, Julia, just tell me.”

“Amanda’s fighting with Josh,” Julia stated as she leaned back on her arms letting them support her. “and everyone is giving them space so I came to find you before you unknowingly stepped onto the battle ground.”

“What are they fighting about?”

“I don’t know, Addy, I really don’t know.”

Image


“I don’t feel like talking about this anymore.” Josh sat down on the couch placing his head in his hands. Ever since Amanda had arrived early in the morning, she had been clinging to his side like a child, something he didn’t like at all.

“Ever since she came you’ve been different!” Amanda shot at him as she ran her fingers through her blonde hair. When she arrived, Josh seemed slightly distant from her and she couldn’t figure out why. The blonde knew that his friends and band mates didn’t like her, so maybe they were giving him a hard time because of her arrival? But then she remembered that a certain redhead from Josh’s past was going to be there and wonder if this was the redhead’s doing.

“This has nothing to do with her.” Josh shot up from his position on the couch until his slight lanky form was towering over hers. “Whatever this is,” he gestured between the two of them. “is between you and me.”

Amanda placed her hands on his chest and pushed him slightly away causing the tall man to stumble backwards. “The hell it is! This has everything to do with her!”

Josh threw his hands in the air frustrated. “How so?”

Amanda swallowed the lump in her throat, “I see the way you look at her.” the blonde glanced away from her boyfriend. “You don’t look at me like that anymore.”

Josh’s face softened, “Baby, you know you’re the only one for me.” The dark haired man felt guilt bubbling in his veins, he had never lied to Amanda even if he had no way of knowing if he had a chance to get Addy back. Why lose someone that loved him if the one he was starting to fall in love with didn’t love him back? Why lose something that could be right even if the righter thing didn’t work out? Why dump his girlfriend if he wasn’t sure if Addy would become his?

To Josh, he needed more proof before he broke Amanda’s heart.

“You mean it?” she whispered, looking up at him.

No, he really didn’t.

“Of course, baby.” Josh murmured pulling the smaller girl into his arms. “It’s me and you against the world, baby, don’t you ever forget that.”

“I love you.” she placed her hand on his cheek guiding his face to hers.

“You too.” he mumbled against her lips, wishing that it was Addy telling him she loved him.

Oh, how he wished for a lot of things since she came back around.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment & subscribes would be lovely <3

Dougie's chapter should be out soon... I have no idea why it's taking so long, but trust me, it will be out really soon!

I'll find my mistakes later.