‹ Prequel: You're my Treasure
Status: New sequal!

Life After Treasure

015

Riley has been a bit distant lately with not only me, but everyone outside of his work. He seems to be on autopilot. Every day he comes home, goes into the bedroom, spreads out his paper work and starts typing away on his computer only getting off the bed to eat, go to the bathroom or shower. Bags had formed under his eyes, and I became aware that for him to be in this zombie-like mode is not healthy for either one of us.

The front door slams shut pulling me out of my thoughts. Riley walks into the living room and straight into the bedroom. I look down at Rambo and his head perks up.

“I think I know what I can do.” I say getting up.

I walk into the kitchen and start to make dinner, pork chops and garlic and cheese mashed potatoes; AKA Riley’s favorite. After cooking dinner I grab two beers out of the fridge and take the top off. I set his plate on the table along with mine and walk into the bedroom. Riley is sitting on the bed, laptop on his thighs, papers sprawled all over the bed and intently staring and typing at the screen.

“Dinner’s ready,” I say leaning on the doorframe.

“Can you bring it in here?” He asks.

“No Riley, you need to eat in the kitchen. We need to talk.” I say walking away.

I go into the kitchen and sit down at the table. Riley comes in shortly after and sits across from me.

“You cooked my favorite.” He smiles.

“Yeah.”

“What did you want to talk about?” He asks while putting some food into his mouth.

“I’ve had a lot of time to think, seeing as how you and I have barely spoken to one another these past few weeks, and I think it would be best if you and I… got a house together.” I say not breaking eye contact.

“Oh thank god.” He says getting up, walking over to me and pulling me out of my chair and into a big bear hug. “I thought you were leaving me.”

I laugh, place my hands on his shoulders and pull back so I can look at him.

“Riley I love you. I wouldn’t even think about leaving you.”

“I know I’ve been in my own world lately, but I promise that will change. I love you.” He says putting his head in the crook of my neck.

“How about we get a house with a study so you won’t clutter up our bedroom?” I suggest.

“That sounds great. I’ll call a realtor and we’ll go house hunting tomorrow.”

“Can’t wait,” I smile up at him and he leans down placing his lips on mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's short, and it's been a few weeks since I posted. I am trying to slow down a little because rumor has it on the internet that NT3 might be coming out in the last few months of this year. So if that does happen I want to see where this could go. But I'll post one in the next few days and then after that I'll try and post one once a week.