‹ Prequel: You're my Treasure
Status: New sequal!

Life After Treasure

019

“Where are you going?” Riley asks seeing that I am fully dressed.

“Abigail and I are going Christmas shopping. I have no idea when we’ll be back, probably in a few hours.” I say slipping on my boots.

“Good; that’ll give me time to wrap your gifts.”

He walks up behind me and wraps his arms around my waist.

“You already got me gifts?” I ask feeling a little embarrassed, that I waited two weeks before Christmas to buy everyone gifts.

“I got a little excited,” he says kissing my cheek, “I just hope you’ll love your main gift.”

He smirks and walks away.

“What did you get me?” I ask following him into the kitchen.

He starts making a cup of hot chocolate.

“Now, why would I tell you that? Have you no Christmas spirit?” He chuckles.

“Alright,” I say throwing my hands up, “Just know, I am going to buy you a kick ass gift, and you’ll never be able to top it.”

“I highly doubt that. Plus, you’re already late to meet Abigail.” He says in a sing-song tone.

“Shit!”

I quickly grab my keys and text her that I’m going to be a little late. I go outside, snow is falling and it begins to cling to my hair. Hurrying I unlock the car and start driving in the direction of the mall, making note to drive carefully because of the snow. After a ten minute drive I pull into the parking lot and go inside.

Turning right into Barnes & Noble I see Abigail sitting down at a table.

“Sorry I’m late, Riley distracted me.” I say as she stands up.

She pulls me for a hug, “You minx!” She laughs.

“Not like that, he was just being… well… Riley.”

“Who do you need to buy gifts for?” She asks me as we walk out of the book store and out into the crowds of people.

“Well I already got you something, Ben is going to be the hardest to shop for, so that leaves: Riley, his family, my parents and Rambo.” I say listing them off on my finger.

“What are you going to get Rambo?” She laughs.

“Probably one of those huuuuge bones,” I say dragging out the word ‘huge’.

We walk into a random clothing store and start looking through the racks.

“So, how are you and Riley?” She asks.

“Good! I mean, we have a few fights every now and then, but nothing too serious.” I say going to the next rack, “What about you and Ben?”

“Same, but I really hate that he starts sentences off with ‘so’.” She says rolling her eyes.

I let out a laugh, “That’s Ben for you. He does that a lot.”

After some more talking I finally stumble across something.

“THIS IS IT! This is exactly what Riley would want!” I say pulling it off of the rack and Abigail turns around.

It’s a pair of footy pajamas that are designed to be the red Power Ranger. It even has a hood that can be fully zipped up over the head like a mask.

“He would want something like that.” She says laughing.

After shopping I got everything that I needed for everyone. Abigail and I part ways and I go back to the house.

“Babe! I’m home!” I say managing to open the door while carrying in all the bags.

“I’m on the phone!” He calls back, “My mom says hi and she misses you.”

I quickly rush up the stairs and hide all the presents in the spare bedroom, before coming back downstairs. Walking into the living room, I see Riley on the phone and Rambo lying next to him with his head on Riley’s lap. I sit on the floor in front of Riley, grab the remote and pull up the guide on the TV trying to find something to watch.

“Alright, love you too… I’ll ask her. Bye” Riley says hanging up.

“Ask me what?” I ask tilting my head back to look at him.

“How do you feel about going to my parents for Christmas?” He asks playing with my hair.

“I don’t mind at all. I’d love to catch up with everybody.”

“Good, this is going to be a great Christmas.” He says leaning down and kissing me.

“Our first Christmas together,” I smile up at him.

“So, did you get my gift today?”

“I did! Which reminds me, you aren’t allowed to come upstairs. I have to wrap them.” I get up, go up the stairs and go into the spare bedroom to start wrapping gifts.
♠ ♠ ♠
I would like to thank CallusedSilk, for always commenting (:
Outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/028/set?id=41259334