Little Witch

Chapter three

Alex sat with her big cousin, gently playing with her hair. Every once and a while she would pull at a tug but she used what her mom had taught her and made Elena not feel it. Suddenly the front door opened making Alex jump to her feet. She ran out of the room and down the stairs and hugged Jeremy’s legs making him look down at her in surprise. He smiled when he saw her and lifted her up “Hey little buddy, ready to go out?” she nodded and said

“Yes but me’s have to get dwessed” she giggled looking down at her bear pyjamas. He nodded and took her upstairs.

“Can you dress yourself?” she nodded and ran into her room to change. She came out five minutes later dressed in a white t-shirt and blue jeans. On her feet were tiny converse that she had not yet tied up because she hadn’t learned. Jeremy smiled and said “you need help with your laces?” she nodded and sat down. He crouched down and tied them up. Once he was done he lifted her up again and yelled to Elena “I’m taking Alex out!” Elena replied with a ‘sure’ and they left. Jeremy kept her in his arms as he started to walk towards the small forest were he always played with her that was just ten minutes up the road.

“aw we’s going to ows fowest?” she asked excitedly. He nodded and a smiled down at his little cousin who was now squirming in his arms. He put her down on the ground and she started to run. About half way up the street she fell wit ha loud wail as her elbow hit the ground. Jeremy ran to her and watched as she lifted her elbow up inspected it and then it seemed to heal itself. Jeremy stopped where he was for a second and shook his head. He had just imagined that, yeah that was it, imagined that his little cousin just healed herself as if by magic. So her continued to walk over to his little cousin.

“You ok?” asked Jeremy lifting the girl into his arms once more. She whimpered slightly but nodded her head. Jeremy kept on walking until they reached the clearing. He put her down and stepped back as she started to run around. He laughed and started to chase her like he did every time they came. She let out a shriek of laughter and ran faster. He let her get away and then ran faster picking her up as he ran making her let out a scream of laughter.

“O EREMY OOT ME DOWN!” she shrieked. He laughed and fell to the ground as he tripped over a log letting out a yell. He let her go making sure he didn’t land on her. She let out a scream as she rolled out of the way.

“Alex are you ok?” he asked yelling slightly.

“Wes” she mumbled getting to her feet unsteadily and stumbling towards him as he picked himself up.

“Damn log” he mumbled turning to look at the damn stick that had tripped him up. He froze at what he saw. Someone was dead laying in their own blood. He let out a yelp and grabbed his cousin covering her eyes.

“Eremy let me o” she screamed thrashing her arms and legs around trying to pull away.

“Alex we need to go home now”

“Ut we ust ot ere?” she questioned.

“I know but just remembered I have a paper due” he quickly pulled out his phone and dialled 911.

“Hello?” there was a voice at the other end of the line.

“Uh hello, uh I need to speak with the police”

“1 second sir” Jeremy tapped his foot impatiently as he waited for the line to start up again.

“Hello Mystic Falls police how can we help you?”

“Uh I just found a dead body my names Jeremy Gilbert and I was out with my little cousin and I tripped over it, I’m out near the old Lockwood estate” he kept his voice down low so Alex wouldn’t hear

“Oh alright sir I’m sending someone over now, just stay were you are, how old is your little cousin?”

“She’s three” he mumbled trying to keep Alex from squirming out of his grip. He had his back turned to the body so she wouldn’t have to see.

“Alright uh just make sure she doesn’t see anything ok?”

“Alright thank you” he hung up and slid the phone back into his pocket.

><><><><><><><><

“Alright so you were out with you little cousin and you were chasing her and you got her and then tripped over the body?” Jeremy nodded at sheriff Forbes “Alright Jeremy if you can just get her home”

“Sure sheriff, uh thanks”

“No thank you” she let out a sigh and watched him grab his little cousin from the ground and quickly hurried away from the forest. Once she was sure he was gone she bent down over the body and examined the neck. His throat being ripped out seemed to be the cause of death. “Dammit” she mumbled standing up. They were back again. It seemed that whenever she managed to get rid of those monsters they always came back. The vampires always killed someone else.