Status: working on it.

My Salvation

I won't be your pity party

I walked into the cafeteria. According to my sheet since I was in study hall I had first lunch. I walked over and stood in line. Immediately people started to push and shove their way to the front. While I was defending my position I started to think about Lyra.

I thought about her. About the way she was kind to me even though I was new. How nervous she was when I talked to her. I found that odd., someone as nice as her must have loads of friends. Yet there she was sitting in the middle of the room, alone.

Another shove shocked me to reality. I realized I could go get some food. I searched for things that seemed to be devoid of human remains and God only knows what. After paying for my food I sat down and began to eat it. It was disgusting and I threw it away.

I heard people sit down next to me. I looked up to see two jocks and three cheerleaders. I wondered what they wanted.

The two jocks looked like jocks, dumb, big, and rather brutish. One had brown hair and green eyes the other had blonde hair with brown eyes.

The three cheerleaders looked like Barbie Dolls. Way too many surgeries and nose jobs. One had blonde hair with brown eyes that crackled with mischief, another with brown hair and green eyes, she looked out of place, way too innocent, like she was being forced to do this. The last one had fire red hair, so red I almost grabbed a fire extinguisher, with green eyes.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"We can't sit down and get to know the new kid?" The blonde cheerleader asked me.

That may have been her intention but I knew what she wanted to gain was different then what she said she wanted. I used my angel powers and started to read her mind.

"This kid is perfect, he has the looks, the attitude, and he has given that loser Lyra hope that she may actually have a friend. He will be perfect in crushing her, now all he has to do is take the bait." She thought.

"I'm Zachary, just call me Zacky." I said figuring I'd have a little fun.

"I'm Elle." The one who had been doing all the talking said.

"I'm Anna Nicole." The brown haired cheerleader informed me.

The red head stumbled around with her name until she looked at her arm and I found out it could be Ginger.

The blonde jock was Rick and the brown haired one was Joey.

I talked and dredged my way through the conversation until they told me to fit in with them I had to do one tiny little mission. I had to crush Lyra Goodman.

"I will have to refuse there Elle. See I have no bone to pick with her." I told her.
"You gonna do it punk. Or I smash you." Rick told me.

"Wow Charlotte I didn't know that Lyra could make you feel so insensitive and critical of yourself. Matter of fact I bet you when I'm done you're going to go and throw your lunch up and then cry yourself to sleep in the bathroom. So go on and get going while I can still stand to take a peek in your direction. As for the rest of you plastic want to be hacks I'll be leaving as I'm starting to lose my ability to stomach being near you."

I got up and left. The rest of study hall passed without incident. My next class was math. I got up and headed to it.

I sat down next to some kid who was chewing on the end of a pen. He had medium length blonde hair and blue eyes.

"How many packs a day you up to now champ?" I asked.

He smiled and pretended to shake and look nervous.

"Tttthhhhirrrttty. It calms me."

"Nice, what's your name dude?"

"Jason Repardo."

"Mines Zacky."

The rest of math I talked to Jason, and we joked around. The rest of the day passed quickly. I almost sprinted to my car. I pulled out of the parking lot and headed back to my house.

Along the way I saw Lyra walking home. She was all alone and she had been crying. I pulled over and offered her a ride. She agreed.

I turned the radio on, just to lighten the mood. The song that came on was Before I Forget by Slipknot. I hummed along to it.

"Why were you being so nice to me in Chemistry?" She asked me.

"Why shouldn't I bee nice to you in chemistry? Or anywhere for that matter." I asked.

"Because I'm a loser."

"Ah, with that attitude you surely are."

"Nothing, not even some pity?"

"Lyra, I'm not going to be your pity party and try to convince you when your mind is already made up. There's no point. You think you are a loser, so you are a loser. It no longer matters what I or anyone thinks because you believe you are a loser therefore you are."

She looked at me stunned. I don't think she expected that. She had a look in her eyes though of acknowledgment.

I pulled up to her house. She got out.

"Need a ride tomorrow?" I asked.

"Most defiantly."

I smiled and pulled out. Driving home.