Status: Active :)

Just Friends

Party.

"What is Katelyn doing here?" Lisa questioned as the blonde walked into my house hanging off of Adam's arm. She was wearing the same shoes, pants and jacket that she wore to school today, but she changed her shirt. The shirt formed tightly to her body, and hugged her curves in all the right places.

"Umm...yeah." I left out a shaky breath, and Jack looked at my oddly.

"She looks good." Jack mused. "Looks like Adam might have a problem with a few other guys." He pointed out as other guys looked at her up and down.

It pissed me off beyond words that they were fucking her with their eyes. She's just 15 for Pete's sake!

"Shut the hell up." I snapped at Jack.

"Dude, calm down." Zack instructed. "Jack's right, she does look good."

"Nice, dude." I rolled my eyes. "With your girl standing right next to you." I stole a glance at Cayla.

She rolled her eyes.

"Alex, I don't mind. She looks good, and I don't care if Zack points it out. I know that he would never do that to y- me."

I felt my eyes go wide, and I started to choke on my toxic liquid in my red cup.

"Whoa, babe." Lisa stated, strating to pat my back. "You okay, Lex?"

"Don't call me that." I snapped without meaning too.

Lex is what Katie calls me. She, besides Jack sometimes, is the only one allowed to call me that.

Lisa furrowed her eyebrows.

"What's wrong with you?"

"Nothing!" I snapped back.

"Okay, I'm going to go find my friend. When I come back, please be a nicer person."

I rolled my eyes as the other blonde walked off from where we were standing.

"Why did you tell them?!" I snapped at Rian.

"Whoa...calm down." Kara stated, getting protective over her boyfriend. "Rian didn't tell us anything. It's sort of easy to tell."

"What?" I asked mostly to myself.

"Dude, seriously?!" Zack chuckled. "I could tell that you were head over heels in love with the girl when we used to hang out with both of them."

"And if it wasn't obvious by the way that you guys acted toward each other. Something change." Jack added in.

"It didn't help the fact that you wouldn't stop whining the entire tour about how you missed her." Matt concluded. "Just admit it Alex. You have feeling for Katelyn."

"I don't." I shook my head, taking another huge gulp of my drink.

"You do, and you're just too much of an panisy ass to admit it to her or anyone else." Rian stated. "You admitted it to me, why not to her?"

The group turned to stare at the mop top headed drummer.

"I just...no." I sighed heavily before disappearing into my kitchen for another drink. I need to pull myself together, but I suddenly didn't feel like partying. It just...didn't feel right tonight.

"Happy birthday." Her small voice came.

I turned around, and faced the five foot six tall blonde that the voice belonged too. With her shoes, she appeared at least 5'9".

"Um...she speaks."

Katelyn lightly chuckled.

"I saw you disappear in here. Running away from your own party, Gaskarth?"

"Yeah." I sighed heavily and leaned against the sink. "Away from you and Adam too." I admitted.

I couldn't lie to her, she would see rigth through me.

She pouted.

"Why do you hate him so much?"

"No reason..." I trailed off, knowing that it would just start a fight. She was standing five feet in front of me, actually talking to me for the first time in four months.

"Of course you don't," She mumbled.

I dared not to say anything.

I bit my tongue.

"Well, happy birthday. See you around."

"When?"

The blonde stopped walking and turned around to face me.

"What?"

"When will you see me around?" I asked her slightly nervous for her answer.

"Uh... school, I guess." She replied awkwardly.

"So, you're leaving now?" I asked and Katie nodded. "...but it's my birthday, Katie. My 18th birthday."

She smiled sadly.

"I'm sorry, Alex." She replied before walked back and slipping her arms under mine for a hug. I lightly wrapped my arms around her. Seconds later she was stepping out from under my arms. "I'm leaving."

"Why?" I asked, feeling like I was breaking.

"I have too." Her voice cracked softly before she pressed her lips lightly to my own. "Bye, Lex."

I quickly grabbed her wrist and pulled her back until her lips were pressed up to mine again. I cupped both of my hands, and held here there until people were walking into the kitchen. I let go of the younger girl in just enough time for no one to notice.

Katie shook her head at me, and basically ran out of the kitchen.

"Alex, there you are." Lisa sighed lightly kissing my lips. "Where were you?"

"In here."

"What were you doing,"

"I needed something stronger." I stated as I held up my cup. I looked over the short other blonde in the direction my ex-best friend had disappeared to.

She was no where to be found.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alex is in denial......

xoxo Rae Marie