Status: Active :)

Just Friends

16th Birthday

Katie
*two months later. Feb 1*

 

"Today's your sixteenth birthday." My mom mused out loud.

"Mmhmm." I nodded in my mom's direction, but continued to read A Walk To Remember.

"Don't you want to get out of the house for a little while?"

"Not really," I replied with a heavy sigh. "I just want to read about love and how fucking awful it is."

My mom groaned at me.

"Language, young lady."

"Kay." I mumbled, trying to pay attention to what she was babbling about.

"Honey, we actually have plans."

"Cool,"

"Katelyn Stella McCormick."

My eyes left my book, and I looked at her.

"Yesss?"

"Get off of your ass and go get dressed. Put on a nice dress, and some cute shoes,"

"But why?" I whined.

"Do as I say, pumpkin," She replied, placing her boney hand on my cheek softly. "For me?"

I broke eye contact with her, and put my book mark into the book before sitting it down on the table beside the table.

"Fine. I'll be down in an hour." I replied.

I stood up quickly, and I ran upstairs. I went straight to the bathroom, taking a relaxing, but quick shower. I walked into my room with my towel wrapped tightly around my body, and I started to invaid my closet. I stepped back, and just stared at the selection of clothing. I found a piece of black material, and decided on it. I grabbed my only black dress off of it's rack, and stepped back.

That was when I noticed movement from the house next door. I turned my head to see Alex and Lisa about to get all hot and heavy in his room. I rolled my eyes, remembering that he chose her over me all over again. The bed room window was open for Pete's sake! I walked over to my window and the best that I could, I slammed it shut against my frame. I noticed that I had caught Alex's attention. He stared at me with this I'm-so-sorry-but-I'm-fucking-her-because-I'm-a-horny-fucking-teenager look. I just shook my head, and closed my shades before walking back to my bathroom to get ready.

When I was done, I went back to my room to open my blinds. Alex and Lisa were no longer there, which slightly made me feel better. I turned around to sit on my bed, but quickly stopped when I saw that a cute little box was sitting on my bed. It was wrapped in pretty white paper with a hot pink bow on top. There was a card beside of it. Being a teenager, cards mean money, so I went right for the card. I struggled to get it open, but once I finally did, I eagerly read the note.

Katie,

I know how wrong I was, and I'm sorry. I miss you so much, but I guess we should just keep our distance for now. I don't want you to hate me even more. I know that this doesn't make up for everything, but I got you something for your birthday.

I love you, Kate.

Love, Lex :) <3


I sighed heavily, and sat down the card before I slowly opened up the box to revil a small charm necklace that had baby blue present on it. My smile couldn't be contained as I placed the small piece of jewelery around my neck. Alex may be a dick, but he still knows me better than I know myself.

And I know myself pretty well.

"Katelyn!"

"Coming!" I yelled. I ran to my closet, and slipped on my ballet flats, and grabbed a clutch that matched my small necklace. I ran out of my room, and down the stairs where my parents were waiting. We left without another word, and got into my father's sports car. He drove toward The Olive Garden, and I was silent the entire way there. If Alex cared so much then why has he been all BiPolar with me lately? Granted that I wasn't making it easy for him, but he hurt me. I know how he is, and I was doing the right thing.

We got out, and walked into The Olive Garden. My dad whispered to the hostess before she was motioning for us to follow her. She stopped right infront of a table, but I couldn't see who she was talking to when she said that the other party had arrived.

My heart stopped when my parents moved out of the way, and I saw the Gaskarth's...

And Lisa.

My mouth went dry, and I shot Alex a really dirty look. The look of guilt washed over his face, and he caught sight of the small necklace around my neck. His lips tugged at the corners and he slightly smiled.

"Happy birthday, Katelyn." Peter and Isobel stated at the same time.

I didn't even try to smile.

"Thanks."

"Sweet sixteen. I remember my sixteenth birthday." Lisa giggled.

"It's not that great." I snapped. "Just another birthday, and a year older. Woo."

My mom gave me a disaproving look.

"Honey, what's wrong?"

"Nothing," I mumbled as I slouched down in my chair even more. "I'm just a ray of fucking sun shine."

My dad gave me a look, and I rolled my eyes.

"She's been like this all day." My mom explained to Isobel.

"Honey...what's wrong?"

"Nothing." I repeated. "I'm fine."

"Okay." My dad sighed, and they stopped attempting to get me to talk. I took out my phone, and ignored everyone at the table.

Adam, save me?

He texted me back not even a minute later.

Sure thing :) Where are you at lovely?

Olive Garden. Hurry.

See ya in five minutes!

And now, I wait for my Prince to come.

Ha, I wish. Truth is Adam isn't my Prince.

My Prince is the dip stick sitting three feet from me.
♠ ♠ ♠
New chapter is hurrrr.

Check out my Jonathan Cook story, The Way She Moves

My John O'Callaghan story, Maid Of Honor

and The Boys Like Girls story, Listen To The Thunder
xoxo Rae Marie.