Status: Active :)

Just Friends

Mother/Daughter Day

"Katelyn, please at least be polite." My mom sighed heavily.

I plastered a fake smile on my face.

"Yes, mother."

"Katelyn..." My father warned.

I stole a quick glance at Alex and Lisa. She was trying to ignore the awkwardness, and Alex was trying to look less ashamed.

"I'm sorry." I sighed heavily. "I just really don't want to be here."

"Why not?" Peter asked.

"Cause everyone at this table is all couple-like." I sneered at Alex. He caught my glare, and sighed heavily.

"What about your boyfriend?" My dad asked. "Adam, you should ask him."

I smiled widely.

"Glad that you suggested that, dad." I replied.

Adam arrived within five minutes.

"Happy brithday, baby girl." Adam stated pulling me into a kiss.

"Thanks." I giggled as I sat back down with Adam beside of me. "I feel oodles better."

Lie.

I'm getting too good at this acting thing.

 

*

"Thank you for driving me home. Saved me a tone of awkwardness."

"Anything for you." He laughed.

I actually smiled. I really like Adam. He's cute, tall, brunette, and he plays football.

He was amazing...

but he is definitely no Alex.

"Kiss me, please?" I asked with a cute smile.

That was another thing that was different. When Adam kissed me, he usually asked if it was okay or not. Alex just kissed me whenever he felt like it. I was caught of guard a lot of the times, like at his birthday party. Finally, Adam bent down and pressed his lips lightly to mine, and were seperated before I even felt them. It was like Adam was trying not to be to forward.

I like when guys are forward, well.... I like Alex when he's forward.

"I have to go, okay?" Adam hugged me tightly as I nodded, and then he walked toward his car. He got in, and backed out of the driveway before I was left alone again.

"Bye," I sighed heavily, and I looked over at The Gaskarth's house.

Will things ever get better? Because right now they seem pretty shitty.

I walked into my house, and quickly changed into a pair of sweat pants and a t-shirt. I put in my favorite movie, and slowly fell asleep to it's sound.

*

 

* three months later. May 5th*

"Honey, can we go for a walk, today?" My mom asked.

I nodded my head.

"It's Sunday, right? We should go up to the park place again. Just like we used too."

"I agree." My mom smiled. "But it's just you and me, right?"

"Right." I nodded my head. "Let me go get dressed." I stated before disappearing into my room.

"Ready?" My mom asked the second I hopped back into the living room.

"Yes ma'am."

My mom and I walked out of our house, and into her car.

"What exactly is the whole point of going up here today?" I questioned.

She sighed heavily.

"Well, we exactly don't have much time left..."

"Oh..." My throat was tightening up already.

"Yeah, but none of that sad talk right now."

"Okay." I nodded in agreement and the silence overtook the car.

We waited until after we passed my mom's flower shop, and the graveyard. My mom pulled up to the familiar picnic spot. We got out in silence, and walked toward the picnic table.

"Isn't today beautiful?"

I nodded my head.

"Mom...what is it really about?"

"Katelyn, come here." She patted the spot beside of her, and I moved easily. My mom grabbed my hand, and looked into my eyes. "Honey, I don't have that much longer to live."

"I know..." I mumbled.

"My days are numbered. I could be gone by tomorrow, and I woke up this morning feeling like I should spend it with my daugther."

"Mommy..." My voice cracked. She pulled me into her chest. "Don't go. Please, just stay with me."

"I wish I could honey."

"Why can't you?! Why does God have to take you away from me?" I asked her as tears built in my eyes, and then spilt over.

"Honey, please don't look at it that way," She whispered. "I will see you again...far into the future."

"I don't want to wait that long." I whimpered. "I'll miss you so much."

"And I will miss you." She replied, and kissed my cheek. "But I will be watching over you. Every single day, I will watch you grow up and get married and have children..."
"Why can't you do that from here?"

"Katelyn..."

I took in a ragged breath.

"I know...it's not possible."

Awkward silence was there while I cried and my mom tried to sooth me. Why isn't she scared?! Why isn't she crying and shouting like I want too. I don't understand.

"Katelyn, why aren't you talking to Alex anymore?"

"What do you mean?"

Yeah, stupid remark.

"I know that you two have hit a rough patch. What's going on? I talk to Isobel, you know."

"I..." I was about to refuse her.

"Tell me, Katelyn Stella,"

"Alex and I grew apart." I admitted. "He made me promise that I never put another boy ahead of him, and I asked the same. You know that we've always been close, but he missed my preformance."

"Alex missed Swan Lake?" I nodded my head, feeling more tears come. "What was more important than that? He never has broken a promise to you."

"He was fucking Lisa." I laughed bitterly.

"And that's why you left your birthday dinner." She concluded. "Sounds like you may more than like Alexander."

I rolled my eyes.

"Wrong."

"I don't think so. The boy cares about you a lot,"

"Then why does he keep hurting me."

"He's a teenage boy, Katelyn." She almost laughed. "Alexander is more than likely terrified to being with you in fear of ruining your friendship."

"But still..." I trailed off.

This is NOT what I thought that our Mommy/Daughter day was going to be like.
♠ ♠ ♠
Loads of tears for this one. :'(

xoxo Rae Marie.