Status: Active :)

Just Friends

Prom Date

*Eight months later. It’s now May 16th.*

“Cayla!” I shouted at my best friend whom was just staring at Alex’s friend, Zack.
She shook her head.
“Yeah, what?!”
I giggled.
“Someone was totally just checking out Zachary Merrick.”
She blushed.
“I was not.”
“Were too.”
“Was not!” She stomped her foot.
I rolled my eyes.
“Why don’t you just go talk to him?”
“I can’t do that! You’re freaking insane if you think otherwise.”
“Seriously, it’s just Zack. You two would get along so freaking well. You both love photography.”
“I guess...” She blushed.
“You both an extremely shy.”
“I am not!”
I gave her a look.
“You so are.”
“Okay...so maybe I am.” Her blush deepened.
Alex, Zack, and Cayla were all over at my house for a pool day. Rian was out with this girl named Kara, and Jack had some family stuff to do.
“When are you going to stop getting all nervous around him?” I asked with a giggle as the guys continued to do flips off of the diving board.
“Never.” She replied. “He’s just...ugh! I want to lick his abs!”
I grimaced.
“Didn’t need to know that.”
“But...like, it’s true.” She whined.
“What’s true?” Alex asked.
Both of us looked up at the boy with light brown hair.
“Nothing.” I waved it off.
“We were talking about Katelyn and how she has a huge crush on this guy.”
“We were not!” I defended myself. “We were talking about Cayla and this guys that she likes.”
“Enough of the talking.” Zack stated as he came up. “I’m hungry! We should all go for pizza!”
“I’m down.” I shrugged. “You?”
“Sounds good to me.” She quickly agreed. “We need to put on some clothes.”
“Hurry!” Alex yelled after us as we ran into my house.
“Mom, Alex, Zack, Cayla and I are going out for pizza!” I yelled as we made our way to my room. After we quickly changed into shorts and band tee shirts we ran back down to meet Zack and Alex. Alex was wearing shorts and a tee shirt while Zack just wore shorts.
“Ready?” Alex asked.
I nodded as he put his arm around my shoulders and we walked to his car. The entire car ride to the nearest Pizza Hut, we jammed Blink music.

We sat down in the booth with Alex and me on one side, which forced Cayla to sit beside Zack. Her eyes went wide, and I knew that she was going to kill me later for it.
“Prom’s coming up.” Alex randomly stated. “It’s our Junior year.”
Zack made a face.
“I hate that I have to come.”
“Sure you do.” Alex rolled his eyes.
“Didn’t that Adam guy ask you to prom?” Cayla asked me out loud.
“What Adam guy?” Alex asked as he turned toward me and crossed his arms.
“He’s no one.” I replied all too quickly. “And...yeah he did.”
Now I was going to kill her.
“What did you say?”
Alex looked pissed at me.
“I told him no...” I trailed off. “I would feel weird, ya know? I mean, I know that you will be there with your date and all...but I don’t think that you know Adam.”
“I don’t have a date,” Alex laughed.
“Me either.” Zack chimed in.
Oh boy, Cayla was probably throwing herself a party.
“Ooh. Sorry...” I trailed off. “I’m sure that you will find one.”
“I suppose.” Alex laughed. “Hey, how about you be my date?”
I looked at him with wide eyes.
“M-me?”
“You know, as friends?” He added quickly.
I thought about it for a minute.
“Um...sure. Why not?”
“Great.”
I swear I heard him sigh in relief.
“That still leaves me.” Zack stated.
Alex and I looked in his direction. I swear I saw Zack look at Cayla with a small smile on his face.
“I could find you someone at school.” Alex started.
Zack shook his head and slightly nodded in Cayla’s direction, but Alex didn’t catch on. However, I did.
“Hey, how about you take someone I know?” I purposed. Everyone turned to look at me. “You could totally take Cayla.”
“I-uh... you don’t have to Zack. It’s totally cool.” Cayla rambled. “She just doesn’t want me to feel left out, and...yeah.”
He laughed.
“That sounds perfect actually.” He replied. “We could double date.”
“I’m down.”
“That would make that a date with Alex. You know that right?” Zack asked me as he raised an eyebrow.
“That’s totally cool with me...what about you, Lex?” I asked nervously.
Alex looked at me, and a small smile appeared across his face.
“It’s a date.” He replied, placing his arm over my shoulders in that familiar fashion.
“Awesome.” Zack stated as the pizza arrived. “This is like practice.” He laughed.
I shook my head and laughed.
Cayla blushed, and Alex kissed the side of my head lightly.
He had been doing that a lot more recently.
♠ ♠ ♠
Newww chapter :)

xoxo Rae