Status: Active :)

Just Friends

Katelyn The Outcast

"I just don’t want us to be awkward around each other, Cayla." I groaned. "What in the world have I done?!"

"Dude, chill." She laughed. "Just a kiss, right?"

I blushed.

"Yeah...."

"Holy hell!" Cayla shouted. "You’re in love with Alex aren’t you?!"

My cheeks burned even more.

"NO! What are you talking about?!"

"Hmmm." She tapped her chin playfully. "Katelyn, obviously you have feeling for the kid, and it seems like he has feelings for you too."

I rolled my eyes.

"Do you seriously hear yourself right now? You know his reputation. He’s just...he’s a...Alex is a asshole."

"Wow."

Cayla and I both turned to look up at Alex, whom was standing in my doorway.

I opened my mouth to speak, but he shook his head.

"Save it." He turned around and started walking away.

I grabbed the nearest pillow, and screamed into it.

"Kate, you seriously might want to go after him. He didn’t look happy..."

"Fuck my life." I moaned before I stood up, and walked out of my bed room. "Alex! Alex, wait!" I called as I rushed past the dining room, and toward the front door.

He turned around, and I could tell that he was pissed.

"What do you want?"

"I wanted to say that I’m sorry."

"Sure you are." He scoffed. "You wouldn’t be sorry if I hadn’t heard what you said."

"Lex, seriously, stop it." I argued. "Look, just because I didn’t mean for you to hear doesn’t make it right. I know, and I’m really sorry,"

"Whatever."

I furrowed my brows.

"Why are you acting like a douche?"

"Because I just walked in on my best friend calling me a asshole!" He yelled.

I flinched, and I felt tears brim my eyes.

"You’re right..." My voice cracked as tears started to come down my cheeks. I started to wipe them away.

Alex’s face didn’t look so angry anymore, he just looked concerned.

"Katie, I’m sorry...I didn’t mean..."

"I know..." I squeaked. "I’m just...upset,"

"About?"

"A lot of stuff." I mumbled.

He opened his arms widely, and I walked into the familiar embrace.

"I’m having a party tonight... you and Cayla should come."

I looked up at him with raised eyebrows.

"Me at a party? You’re funny, Lex."

"Awe, come on, Katie! It’s just one party, and you don’t have to drink or anything."

"I’ll ask Cayla..."

"Okay, great! Zack, Rian, Kara, and Jack are going to be there too. Kara’s your age."

"Really?"

"Yeah! Just, go ask her and call me later, okay?"

I nodded.

"Bye."

Alex smiled, and left my house. I sighed in relief right before I ran back toward my room.

"How did it go?"

"It went okay. I fixed it, and go ourselves invited to a party at Lex’s house."

"A party?" Her eyebrows raised.

"Yeah...that’s what I said..." I trailed off. "But the guys will be there too, and Rian’s new girlfriend, Kara."

"The guys...you mean Zack too?"

"Yes!" I giggled. "Do you want to go or not?"

"Um...I say that we get ready to party,"

"That a girl." I teased as we raided my closet.

*

 

"I feel like such a outcast at this party." Cayla whispered to me.
I nodded in agreement, and let my eyes skim the room. We were the only freshman invited to the party, and it was obvious. A lot of people were either Juniors and Seniors. Some people were even older.

"Katie!"

I turned my head to see Alex with the guys around him.

"Come on," I instructed Cayla before we started to make our way over to them. I hugged Alex’s neck first before hugging the rest of them.

"I’m glad that you came," He smiled.

"Yeah...uh...it’s different." I stated as I let my eyes roam the packed room. "I don’t know anyone here."

"You know us." Jack pouted and cross his arms.

Cayla laughed.

"Besides you, Jackie."

"Whatever." He continued to pout.

I rolled my eyes, and then I turned to look at the house again.

"It’s just different..." I mumbled.

"Oh, this is our friend Matt. He’s a few years older."

I turned to look a the black headed boy with a lip ring. I smiled sweetly at him.

"Hi, I’m Katelyn."

"I’m Cayla,"

"Matt." He laughed. "I heard that you girls are going to prom, is that right?"

I nodded and slightly blushed.

"Yeah, Lex asked me." I shrugged like it was no big deal. I avoided eye contact with Rian, Jack, Zack, Alex, Kara, Cayla, and Matt. I had a problem with letting my eyes roam the room. Then I spotted Adam talking to a bunch of his friends when he spotted me. He smiled, and I knew that he was going to come over to talk to me. It was obvious that the kid had a thing for me. I turned my eyes back to Matt, whom was smiling.

"And you’re going with Zack, right?" He asked Cayla.

She just nodded, and Zack pulled her tightly into his side.

"Yeah! I got myself a date! What now, bitches?!"

I laughed loudly, and shook my head.

"What about you, Jackie?"

"I’ve got no date." He pouted.

"Awe, poor baby." I stated as I lightly pulled on his cheeks.

"You’re mean."

"I’m sorry." I smiled the sweetest smile before I lightly kissed his cheek. "You’ll find a girl. Don’t worry about it."

He rolled his eyes.

"Bitch."

Alex scowled at him.

"Dude, don’t call her a bitch."

"Calm down, man. I was just kidding, okay? Kate knows that."

I laughed.

"Calm down, Lexi." I lightly patted his back.

"Hey." I turned my head to see Adam smiling at me.

"Hey, Adam. What’s up?"

"Nothing, I just saw you and thought that I might come over."

"Oh. That’s nice." I smiled politely.

"So, I wanted to maybe talk to you about Prom again?"

Alex slipped his arm protectively around my waist, which was a new spot for him, and then he tucked me into his side.

"She’s going with me."

Adam looked between Alex and I.

"I thought that you said that you didn’t like the whole idea of prom?"

Both boys were looking at me.

"I-I don’t..." I trailed off. "But L-Alex is my best friend, and he asked me..."

"Before or after I asked you?"

"Before." I blurted out loudly. "I just...I didn’t want to turn you down. I’m sorry."

He shrugged.

"It’s cool. Save me a dance at prom next week?"

I nodded my head.

"For sure."

Adam slightly waved, and then he walked off.

Alex’s arm tightened even more.

"What in the hell was that?"

I turned to look at my best friend, whom had been drinking.

"Um...I was talking to a friend?"

Our friends were watching us now.

"Friend." He scoffed. "Sure..."

I shook my head, and removed his arm from around my waist.

"Hey, Adam?!" I called and he turned around from where he was walking. I jogged up to him, and walked off to his group of friends with him. I left my group, and it was because of Alex. He seriously had his asshole level way up tonight.

*

 

"My head." I groaned as I rolled over on the bed I was currently laying in with Cayla beside me.

"Did you drink?" She asked me.

I shook my head.

"No, but I have a huge headache from all of the noise."

She only nodded, and we both sat up. We had slept in Alex’s bed last night because the party got way to crazy for our taste.

"We should go dress shopping today. What do you think?" She asked me.

I nodded.

"Let’s do it."

"First, I say that we raid Alex’s closet for some clothes, because I’m not wearing this and your parents aren’t home."

"How do you know that they aren’t home?"

"They called earlier." She laughed. "I wanna go shopping, so I am raiding his closet now!"

I giggled as we both got up, and walked into his closet in search of some clothes to wear.
♠ ♠ ♠
How are you guys liking this one soooo far? :)

Comment!

xoxo Rae