Status: Active :)

Just Friends

Now Can We Forget?

"You guys are seriously hitting the road again this summer?" I complained.

Alex just chuckled and continued to pack his bags.

"It’s not too long this time."

I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever you say Alex."

"Hey, stop that." He stated as he sat down on his messy bed that I had made myself comfortable in.

"Look, you know how hard it is without my best friend,"

"I know..." He sighed heavily. "Which I think that we need to talk about a few things."

I raised my eyebrows.

"Okay?"

"It’s just...you’ve been acting different since last weekend."

"No, I haven’t." I laughed. "I’ve just been a bit more lazy since prom."

He rolled his eyes this time.

"Whatever you say Katie." He mocked.

"Okay, so what exactly needs to be said?"

"Well, I want to apologize for what I said."

"Apologize? Lex, I’m not following you here, bud."

"Can we....can we just forget everything?"

I furrowed my brows.

"What exactly do you mean by forgetting everything?" I questioned.

"Starting from going to visit Tom..."

"Ooh...." I trailed off and looked into Alex’s pleading eyes. "Totally already forgotten, Lex. I basically forgot anyway."

Lies.

"Great!" He stated, changing from his serious mood. "You up for a run around town? I gotta pick up some stuff for our tour and such."

"Sure." I laughed and stood up off of his bed. I got to the door, but I felt his hand around my wrist. "Yes?" I asked after he turned me around.

He nervously looked at me and then the floor and back up to me. Seconds later, Alex’s lips were pressed tightly against mine. At first I was shocked and then confused before I surrendered and started to kiss my best friend back. His tongue licked my bottom lip, sending shivers up and down my spin. I slowly opened my mouth, letting his tongue take control of the entire situation. Butterflies erupted in my stomach, and my knees felt like they were going to give out.

Alex pulled away and gave me a small smile.

"Sorry about that. Now can we forget?"

I nodded.

"For sure, Lex."

Truth was, there was no way in hell that I was going to be able to forget after that kiss. It would be impossible.
♠ ♠ ♠
New chapter :) thoughts?

xoxo Rae