The Peace Keeper

The Peace Keeper (Twilight)1

Lazily, I surfed through my e-mail, deleting whatever I found useless, and checking anything I found of importance. One e-mail caught my eye.

Subject: Large Vampire grouping in Washington (CL2)
From: XxWiccaGirlxX
To: DownWithTheDead56

I called over my shoulder to my brother, Victor, who was making himself breakfast.

"Naomi wrote." I told Victor. He gave a light grunt in reply. "Something about vampires in Washington." The e-mail didn’t seem urgent, so I skipped over it for now.

After finishing with my e-mail, I sauntered over to the kitchen table where Victor sat, devouring his Fruit Loops.

"The only case I got was the one Naomi sent." Naomi was one of my "sources". She kept tabs on major cases throughout the country, and handled minor local cases. She was also a very talented Wicca. "It was labeled a Class Two. Nothing that needs us right away, but I want to check it out soon so we can cover it before something more server comes up."

Victor nodded, attempting to clean off the stream of milk that dribbled down his chin. "After patrol, we’ll check the message, see what needs to be done."

My brother was always business-like. You could tell by his appearance. Stern hazel eyes, a neatly-kept crop of dark curls on his head, even his posture was strait and meaningful.

I, on the other hand, tended to take life at a more leisurely pace. Take what I get and do something with it, you know?

Anyway, after Victor finished his noontime breakfast, we hopped in his car and started our patrol. Simply, we drove around Philadelphia, taking routes and back roads that would hold suspicious supernatural activity. This routine took a few hours at most. Luckily I could always pass the time with my music. Victor’s car had a top-notch stereo system, high fidelity speakers.

As today’s theme seemed to be, the ride was boring. So we returned home sooner than usual. After a quick meal, Victor logged onto the computer and opened the e-mail Naomi had sent.

Subject: Large Vampire grouping in Washington (CL2)
From: XxWiccaGirlxX
To: DownWithTheDead56

Dear Em and Vic,
Ok, so I was at Night Life, ya kno that bar/night club that a lot of the supernaturals go to?? Anyway, I was talking to this really hot vamp. Evidentially, he’s in with those Vulturi people down in Italy. So anyway, he told me that there’s this family of vamps up in Forks, Washington that has brought on this big stir with the Vulturis (or would it be Vulturii? Vulturites???). There wasn’t much the guy could tell me about the family, just that it was started by a Carlisle Cullen and has about seven members. I did some research later that night and discovered that there’s this developing pack of werewolves in the same area! I thought this should be checked out, but since I don’t really have much experience with those two supernaturals, I thought you might wanna take it up. So, anyway, tell me how it goes!!!!!!!!!! :)

xoxo,
Nai-Nai

"Maybe I should check this out." I requested, reading over my brother’s shoulder. "Isn’t that odd, though? Seven vampires living together, and with werewolves nonetheless! Jeeze things, must be chaotic up there. I wonder how they keep it all from humans…"

He nodded. "You go, but don’t take too long. I’ll stay here incase anything comes up."

I left the room, deciding that the sooner I leave, the better. I packed enough for a week, at most, though I was hoping I’d be gone only three or four days. Just sufficient enough to check out how the vamps and wolves are affecting the humans. If they aren’t keeping with the unwritten code of ‘no humans must know of us’, then I shoot them, case closed.

As I lugged my duffle bag down to the first floor of our loft apartment, I wondered why the two supernaturals would bother staying in the same place. I knew werewolves never go far from where their ancestors came, but it’s not uncommon for vampires to migrate. In fact, it’s uncommon that they don’t.

Victor drove me to the Philadelphia Airport. The ride was silent, but comfortable. Investigations like these weren’t necessarily rare, but I’ve never been on one so far away. Really, I was going across the country for God’s sake! That bit of uncertainty clung to the air with that fact in the back of our minds.

Finally, we arrived at the airport. Victor parked the car and walked me to my gate.

"You be careful, now." He gave me a quick kiss on the cheek as I embraced him in return. "Don’t stay too long."

I smiled up at him (him being nearly six feet tall), and said, "Don’t worry, I’ll be back soon. Bye." With that, I walked through the gate just as my flight was called overhead.

I got comfortable in my seat, knowing the flight was going to take a while. Silently in my head, I reviewed my mission objective. It shouldn't take too long. Just a simple investigation of a coven of vampires and a pack of werewolves...In one small town...Wow, that can't be good. The thought actually made me smile as I placed my headphones from my MP3 player in my ears.

‘This investigation should be the most interesting by far.’ That was my consideration as "Helena" by My Chemical Romance came pouring through the speakers.

Then the plain took off to Seattle Airport…
♠ ♠ ♠
I realize it starts out slow, but by chapter two, you'll see more action...Maybe...

X X X
Ruby