The Peace Keeper

The Peace Keeper (Twilight) 20

With a splitting headache, I managed to open my eyes once again. This time, only Victor was in the room with me. He sat in the same chair as before, this time just reading a book.

"Hey," I whispered to him.

My brother looked up, a bit startled. "Hey," He greeted. "I wasn't expecting you to be up again so quickly."

"Eh, you know me. The early riser." He scoffed at that.

"Anyway, how're you feeling?"

I cringed a bit, "Killer headache, but other than that, I'm pretty alright."

Victor nodded, "That's good."

"So where'd Jake go?" My eyes wandered around the room a bit.

Victor gave a short response. "Had something to do at home."

"Oh... And Dr. Cullen?"

"Went home with his family."

"With...?" I questioned, "Who else was here."

Scratching his head, my twin racked his brain. "Um... The two girls who had been here before... One had brown hair, a human, then the vampire girl had black, and was very short." He paused, "Then there was that guy Edward too."

"So Alice, Bella, and Edward..." I nodded, "Well, that was nice of them to visit."

"They come here all the time," Victor rolled his eyes.

I looked at him, "Well, I didn't know that," I said incredulously. "Who else has been here?"

Pursing his lips, Victor listed off the names (or lack thereof), "Well, those three and Jacob, then obviously Carlisle, though he wasn't really visiting... Then another vampire, blond hair. Stuck with the short chick most of the time."

"That's Jasper," I fed in.

"Whatever," He continued, "Then there were other wolves, too. They all look alike to me, so I couldn't really tell them apart."

"Well, how did they act?"

"Like dogs." Was his blunt reply.

I glared.

"Oh, wait!" A look of realization crossed Victor's face, "I remember now... There was one, Sam."

"He's the pack leader."

"Then there were these two guys with him... Um..." Another pause for thought, "They had weird names."

I scrunched up my own face, thinking back, "That's probably Quil and Embry."

Victor snapped his fingers, "That's it!" He exclaimed.

"Cool, cool..."

It was then another party decided to make an appearance.

"Hey..." Edward greeted, walking into the room.

I grinned up at him, sitting up a bit now, "Hey, Edward. Long time no talk."

He grinned back at me, "Emma. Nice to see you're doing well," He bent down, and I managed to give him a one-armed hug.

"So how is everyone?"

"Oh, they're well, I suppose," The copper-headed vampired shrugged, "Alice is a bit peeved she missed you earlier, but other than that she's fine. Bella is worrying her head off, same with Esme... Because Carlisle knows about your health more than anybody, he's quite calm," He added, "A relief, I suppose. As for Jasper, he's looking forward to your recovery... Then there's Rosalie and Emmett..."

"Oh, they're the ones I haven't met yet..."

Another person decided to enter the room just then.

"What are you doing here?" Jacob asked Edward in suprise.

Warily, Edward replied, "Carlisle sent me to watch you and Victor."

All the while Jacob had been in the room, my brother had been sending fierce glares his way.

"Oh, yeah," Jacob nodded in remembrance, ignoring Victor's glare. He then noticed I was awake and sitting, and sent me a dazzling smile that sent shivers down my spine. "You're up."

"No thanks to you," My brother muttered under his breath. I shot him a look.

A sudden thought came to my mind, "Hey, Jake?"

"Hm?" He pulled up a chair on my left side.

"Is my car still at your house...?"

Jake's eyes widened, as if he just remembered the vehicle. "It is!"

"Could you go and pick that up for me later?" I asked Victor.

He nodded, "Sure, where're the keys?"

I thought back. I'd driven the Ferrari to Jake's how, parked in the drive. Taking out the keys from the ignition, I put them where I always put them. With a little clip, I hooked the keys to my belt loop, then put them in my pocket so they wouldn't jingle around all the time.

"Uh... Did my pants survive?"

Edward nodded, "All possessions are put in a paper bag when you're admitted... There's one around here somewhere..."

"Is this it?" Victor pulled a large paper bag from under my bed.

"Yeah, everything should be in there."

"Are the key's in you pocket, Em?" Victor delicately opened the bag.

"Yeah, or just attached to a belt loop."

"Kay-- OH MY GOD!" He pulled away, from the open bag quickly, crumpling up the opening. "That smells terrible!!"

I noticed Edward had also been holding his breath, making him seem more statue like than normal.

Victor opened the bag again, this time holding his nose. Looking in he continued, "Ugh, the blood! There's so much of it... And the sea water didn't help!! Oh god, you'll never wear these again!" I knew my brother was just kinda joking around. I personally didn't see much of a joke. Though, Jacob was obviously hiding a snicker or two, while Edward tried hard to not to smile.

Jaw dropped, "Just get the friggin keys, dick head."

With a disgusted look, my brother stuck his hand in and fished out the keys, holding them away from his body with his thumb and index finger.
♠ ♠ ♠
Blahblahblah... Anyway, that's six!! I'm over half way there >:3 and sorry this was just a filler or whatever...

XXX
Ruby