The Peace Keeper

The Peace Keeper (Twilight) 23

Due to my progress with the crutches and the wheel chair, as well as good health all around, Carlisle realeased me the next day.

He said I would be able to leave in the afternoon, so all of my friends came for a little party in the morning. Well, it wasn't really a party, more like twenty some odd people trying to shove themselves in one small hospital room.

All memebers of the wolf pack dropped by that morning, even some I'd only met once and who hadn't visited before.

Jarred, Paul, Brady, and Collin stood around the door way, curiously poking their heads in at times. When I tried to wave hello, only the two elder ones responded, Brady and Collin ducked their heads and pretended not to notice.

Seth and his sister Leah were the first to come in. Though Leah wasn't very talkitive (and in all honsesty, seemed quite bitter), Seth was a joy to speak with. He reminded me a bit of Benjamin, before he turned into the psychotic little devil he is now. The two parted quickly with the rest, going out for patrol or whatever it is.

Sam and Emily stopped by shortly after. They both wished me a quick good luck, and forced me to promise I would come visit soon as I was back up on my feet.

As for Jacob, Quil, and Embry... Well, they stayed. Having nothing better to do Jake's two friends stuck around for a bit. It was those three, Victor, and Carlisle who hadn't left my room that day.

As for the rest of the Cullens, they also came as a family. Esme, Edward, Alice, and Jasper. Of course they brought along Bella too. Esme couldn't stay long. Emmett and Rosalie didn't want their family to be away from home so long when they just got back. As for the rest, they stayed and milled about with the three wolves.

Now, as for Mike, Jessica, and Angela, they also came, only they came last minute. About two hours before Carlisle was going to discharge me, the three walked in, each holding a teddybear, or a card, or flowers. I smiled and took the gifts greatfully.

The last to walk in was Benjamin himself. Victor had told me he visited shortly the first day I woke up, but had left claiming there was some "business he needed to attend to."

Either way, I was glad to see the pest.

And so we sat, all fourteen of us. People were having their own conversastions, mingling with old friends, or just people they were forced to stand next to in the tight space.

"Hey," I whispered, lightly smacking my brother's arm to get his attention.

"What?" He asked, leaned in, whispering also.

"Look," I gestured around the room, astonished at everything there.

Victor took a minute of thought, and still didn't realize what I was getting at, "What?"

I gave him a hard look, "Just look around you! In this room, what do you see?"

"A whole bunch of your friends loitering in a hospital."

Rolling my eyes, I said, "No, be more specific than that."

"Look, Em, I really don't know what you're getting at here--"

I cut him off with a sigh, "Alright, you don't see a buch of my friends loitering around my hospital room. You see a bunch of werewolves. Talking with a bunch of vampires. With a whole bunch of humans right next to them. And a DEMON right in the middle of it all. And everyone is relaxed, and simply talking. Having a good time."

Victor's eyes became the size of saucers. "I didn't notice all of that... It's astounding."

I scoffed, "To say the least." Then I smirked at him. "You know what this means, right?"

"No."

I grinned, "This means I am SUCH a better peacekeeper than you."

"Pfft, yeah right. You were unconscience. I brought all of these supernaturals together."

"Oh, don't you even start with me boy---"

Carlisle cut me off, "Emma, would you mind signing the insurance papers for me?"

"Yeah, sure, Doc." I took the clipboard from him.

~~~

Everyone but Carlisle, Victor, Jake, and Benjamin had left. All the papers were signed, and I was in my room, ready to go, already in the chair.

Jake decided to be the one to push me out, at least to Victor's car. Victor was already in the parking lot, putting my crutches and the paper bag of my old clothes into his truck.

Carlisle, being the doctor he was walked out with me, with Jake pushing, and Benjamin following along.

"So, Ben," I called over my shoulder, "Are you staying in town for a bit?"

Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed him shrug, "I might."

"It would make me very happy if you did."

The lightest tinge of blush came over his cheeks, "Then I probably will..." He muttered more to his shoes than to me.

"Do you want me to come over tomorrow or anything?" Jacob asked, "You know, in case you need help getting around or whatever."

I nodded, "You wouldn't mind?" I looked up at him.

He gave me his signature grin, "Not a bit."
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah yeah yeah, it's short and there's spelling mistakes, but I don't care.
I got an hour til my deadline (btw, I think mibba's posting time is a little out of my time zone. But I live on the east coast of the USA, so do the math if you wish... It is almost 11 right now.)

XXX
Ruby