The Peace Keeper

The Peace Keeper (Twilight) 27

Ed and Bec stayed for a few more hours, and by the time they decided to leave, it was early morning. We mostly sat and caught up with eachother. It'd been months since I've actually seen the two. Victor and Jacob sat together on the couch, not contributing much to the conversation. Though, Victor would put in a word or two when needed. Jacob, having just met the two girls couldn't really reminisce with us.

"Well," Ed said, her laughter of a previous event fading, "We better get going. It's really late."

The two travelers stood and walked to the door, I rolled beside them, Victor and Jake just followed to the door way between the kitchen and living room.

Bec paused, just as I was about to show them out, and gave Ed a look. Ed gnawed on her lip ring a bit, and nodded.

"Emma," Bec addressed me, her normally light tone suddenly heavy. "There is one more thing we have to say before we go."

"About...?" I rose an eyebrow at the two.

"Him." Ed filled in. Her color changing eyes had lost all sign of carefree-ness.

Bec's mouth was pressed into a tight line. I hated when they got like this.
"We've been hearing rumors. He's looking for you."

My only reply was, "Oh..."

They left shortly after.

I turned toward Victor, giving him a helpless and tired look.

Victor sighed, "You go to bed, MK. We'll deal with it in the morning."

I nodded obediently, "Alright... Hey, Jake? Could you help me?" Now, I was well aware that I was asking a guy that I was (supposedly) in love with to help me into bed... But any shyness I would have felt had vanished. Currently, I could really only feel a keen sense of dread.

"Sure..." Jake mumbled a reply. Obviously, he wasn't affected by Ed and Bec's warning, so his bashfulness was still there. Albeit, this was a bit refreshing, he was normally quite cocky. But in a nice way.

The werewolf wheeled me into my bedroom. Without a word, he moved the crutches that I had left on my bed that morning, and lent them against a nearby wall. Parking the chair itself next to the bed, he waited for me to hold my hands out like I normally did when I wanted to get up. Alas, my thoughts had preoccupied my senses, and I didn't see Jake waiting. Probably out of impatience, he ended up lifting me out of the chair.

That definitely pulled me from my thoughts.

I remembered when we first touched. When Bella was putting the fishing equipment into my trunk, and we brushed hands... That electric shock I felt was exhilarating to say the least. And that was with a small bit of hand contact. I had grown used to the sensation during the few day's I've been awake, but (as sad as it is to say) this is probably the most contact we've ever had. The electric shocks went berserk.

By the time he put me down, sitting on the edge of the bed, my face was flushed.

Jake never fully let go of me, keeping one hand on my shoulder and one on my elbow to make sure I was steady.

"Are you feeling alright?" He was honestly concerned, "You look a bit feverish..."

Gulping back that lump in my throat, I answered (or stuttered, rather), "I'm fine."

Not quite believing me, but letting it slide anyway, Jake took a seat next to me on the bed. Still, he kept one hand on my knee. "Who were they talking about?" Jake asked quietly.

I looked down, not answering right away. Instead, I pulled the elastic from my hair and shook out my curls. Once my hair was in place-- or just as in place as it could get-- I replied, "Just an old friend."

"By their expressions, I can safely say they weren't talking about a 'friend,'" He scoffed back. "Now tell me, who is he really?"

I shrugged, not really knowing how to answer. "He's a fire demon who has some issues with my family... There's not much else I can say."

Jake paused, thinking over his words carefully. He eventually decided just not to say them, so we sat in silence for a moment.

"Do you want me to leave now?" Was what broke the silence.

I shook my head, "You wouldn't mind... Just staying a bit longer, would you?"

Jake gave me his signature grin, "I'd stay forever if you just asked."

With a small laugh, I gave him a playful shove. Needless to say, it didn't affect him at all.

Though that didn't stop him from giving me a light push back.

This knocked me slightly off balance, "Hey! That's not nice, I'm a crippled!" I pouted.

Jake stuck his tongue out, "I pushed you off a cliff. I think you can handle falling off your bed."

Leaning back so I was propped up on my hands, I replied, "You didn't push me." As if it was the most blatantly obvious thing ever.

Doing a quick double take, Jake asked, "What do you mean?"

I shrugged, "Back at the cliff, you never actually touched me. Pushing requires some sort of contact."

"Still my fault," He retorted.

I gave the boy a loving smile. "You keep telling yourself that."

And that's all I needed to say.

He bent down, capturing my lips with his own warm ones. I readily and willingly kissed back, pulling him closer. Jake's giant arms wrapped around me, drawing me as close as (in)humanly possible. My hand went to the side of his face, caressing his jawline, while the other found a place on his broad shoulder.

This sensation was on a completely different level then the other ones. Not only had the shocks returned, but they returned tenfold. I felt completely at ease, as if everything was right in the world. All that existed was myself and the warm body next to me, basking in a warm, unseeable light.

Ladies and gents, I had achieved nirvana.

But, all good things must come to an end. And they did, when I decided to detach my lips from his, but never let my hands fall. Jake complied with me, pushing our foreheads together, and still holding me tight.

"I said I couldn't do this..." I whispered.

"Then why did you kiss back?" He asked back, rhetorically.

Shifting a bit, I wrapped both my arms around his shoulders and buried my face in his neck. The werewolf body temperature was something I always loved. Warm and comforting.

"I can't go to you willingly," I noted, my words muffled.

"Then I'll chase you down."

"You're in for one hell of a chase."

"The chase is always my favorite part."

Moving away from me, Jake pulled my face up to his, "Besides. It'll be worth it." With that finally said, we kissed again.
♠ ♠ ♠
It only took 27 chapters, but I finally got their first kiss!
You see, it wasn't until just recently that I realized it'd been QUITE awhile since Jake and Emma shared a romantic moment ._.
So, ta-da!!
And some new stuffs there too! Who's this mystery person Bec and Ed had forewarned the twins about?
Find out in the next riveting chapter of "The Peacekeeper!"

XXX
Ruby