The Peace Keeper

The Peace Keeper (Twilight) 29

"So is that the only reason you guys came over?" I asked my visitors. "To figure out Alice's vision?"

Edward shrugged innocently, but I noticed Bella hiding a smile, "There is one other thing..." He drawled, hinting.

Victor and I gave eachother a look, each raising an eyebrow, "What else, then?" I prodded.

"Well," Alice leaned forward a bit over the table, smiling at us, "I had another vision last night, too."

"Does it have anything to do with aforementioned psychopathic fire wielder?" Victor questioned in exasperation.

The pixie-vampire shook her head, "Nope. This one, although hazy, was all about Emma-Kate."

This caught my interest, "What did you see?"

Fidgeting again, Alice explained, "Well, basically I just saw you staying for a bit longer than expected. I remember when we first met, you said you were only staying for a few weeks?"

"That was the essential plan," I nodded, "It didn't work out, obviously."

Alice agreed, "In this vision, I saw you staying for a much longer time... Now I don't want to give too much away, but from what I could see, you were at least out of high school."

This kind of confused me... I was senior already, enrolled in spring, and had been in a coma for the past month... "Isn't graduation right around the corner, though?"

Alice shrugged, "What I meant was, you were well out of high school."

"Ah."

"Anyway!" She continued, stretching out the word, "I discussed it with my family, and we decided that we don't want you living in this tiny apartment for that long. Now, my mother has a real estate license, and demands that she helps you look for a house."

My head snapped back to Victor, our expressions once again identical. Brows furrowed and mouth pressed into a confused frown.

"A... House?"

The vampire girl nodded delightfully, "We've already picked out a few! Whenever you feel like it, you can come over to our house and pick the one you want."

"I could use a bigger space..." I noted thoughtfully.

~~~

I hitched a ride with Edward, Bella, and Alice shortly after our discussion. Upon reaching the Cullen household, I struggled to lift myself out of the car, and eventually had to be lifted by Edward while Alice carried my chair to the porch. We were let in once I was settled.

Once inside, I was greeted enthusiastically by Esme.

"Emma, dear," She cheered gleefully, scooping up my hands in hers and planting a kiss on both. "You're doing so well!" She remarked.

I nodded, just as happy to see the maternal vampire as she was to see me.

Carlisle came up behind Esme, "Emma, glad you could make it."

Quickly, Alice grabbed the handles on the back of my wheelchair, steering me in the direction of the leather couches. "Come on, we have all the stuff over here."

Sighing, I allowed myself to be whisked away by the small girl.

Sitting on the leather couches, thumbing through the papers and folders monotonously, was Jasper. We shared a quick smile before Alice snatched a folder from his hand.

"Now, this is a nice one," She pointed to the picture of a modern-looking house, "Two bed, three bath. Great for you!"

~~~

After hours (and I'm not exaggerating, actual hours) of browsing through local houses, I found myself to be exhausted. Alice and Esme had been the only two avidly helping me find a new place, but Bella would jump in occasionally, though mostly sat watching with Edward. Edward, Jasper, and Carlisle stayed out of the business, being the guys they were.

"Alice, Esme," I addressed the two helping me. "These are all really nice, but they're just not 'my' house, you know?"

Esme, pursed her lips, looking down at the thin pile of houses I had yet to look at. "Well..." She began, "There is one house I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy... But it's awful cheap, and a bit rundown."

"Cheap is good." I said, tiredly. "Cheap is very good. Please, tell me about this house."

Flipping open the folder, Esme read, "Four bedroom, six bath. Built in the mid-1800's, a Victorian style country house, property of three square acres."

This peaked my interest. "Ooh, sounds nice." I mumbled, "Can I see?"

Esme passed the paper to me. I scanned it over, looking at the picture. Giving a low whistle, I commented, "Wow... It's huge. The scenery's wonderful... And the asking price!" I gaped up at the woman, "What's the catch?"

Esme gave a little shrug, "I'm not sure how much this will bother you... But, the house is supposedly haunted. That's why they're asking such a low price."

"Is that all?" I brushed the statement off nonchalantly.

"Is what all?" I heard an angelic voice come from behind me.

Twisting in my seat, I saw probably the most beautiful couple I'd ever laid my eyes on descending the grand staircase.

With a joyful giggle, Alice sprang up, prancing across the room to the two newcomers. "Emmett, Rosalie! You can finally meet Emma-Kate."
♠ ♠ ♠
... Another boring one.
But! This begins the new arc. Like before, in the first few episodes, I have to get an exposition out before I can continue along...
Anywho, I'll update as soon as possible, and new thing should happen in the next few chapters.
*squees* Ooooh! I just can't wait for what's going to happen next!
I hope it's worth the wait through all these boring chapters.

XXX
Ruby

P.S. So yeah, I added a pretty cover to it. This particular image made me laugh because the hands remind me of the cover of "Twilight" Either way, tell me what you think of it!