The Peace Keeper

The Peace Keeper (Twilight) 3

The next morning, I was rudely awoken by a harsh whispering voice in my ear. My eyes tore open, and I quickly attempted a reach for the knife Victor makes me keep under my pillow, only to find it was not there. Realizing there was no way to protect myself from whatever had intruded, I prepared myself for the worst.

But no blow, threat, or even a forceful wisp of air came.

Cracking one eye open (as both of them had screwed themselves shut) I saw a smirking face hovering over my own.

The person-- or demon, rather-- looked to be a young boy, maybe twelve of age, with light brown hair that was kept in a neat style on his head. Blazing red eyes stared accompanied by a delighted smirk.

He was familiar, as I soon identified, a mischievous fire demon my brother and I had apprehended in Ohio last year. Benjamin, was his name.

“What the hell are you doing here?” I starkly fumed.

His smirk grew. Instead of answering, he held out a familiar set of keys. I immediately recognized as the set I kept for my Ferrari, by the Budweiser bottle-opener key chain that jingled on the ring.

My face lit up as I snatched the keys away.

“Your brother asked me to drive it here.” Benjamin stood up to his full height (four feet and eleven inches). “Sweet ride, by the way.”

“You didn’t hurt her, did you?” I gasped.

“Naw,” He shrugged, turning away and walking towards the door. “See for yourself, it’s parked outside.”

Before a mili-second could slip by, I was out the door and rushing down the apartment building stairs to the parking lot outside.

My Ferrari stuck out compared to the drab of the other cars. Rushing to it, I directly inspected it for the smallest scratch. Finding none, I contently slipped into the driver side seat. The leather was cool beneath me and the wheel felt at home in my hands. Giving off a contented hum, I reached forward and hugged the dash board.

“It’s pathetic how in love with this car you are.” A voice to my right stated. Turning my head, I saw Benjamin had joined me, and was now seated in the passenger seat.

“Benny Boy,” He cringed at the nick-name. “If you had a ride like mine, you’d feel the same way.”

He huffed. “Please. I can run twice as fast as any vehicle. What would I need a car for?”

Shrugging, I replied, “Your loss. Now go away, I have to get ready for school.” I shivered with displeasure at the word.

“That’s awfully rude of you.” Benjamin retorted bored. “I just did you a favor, and you repay me with disrespect?”

I narrowed my eyes, and shooed him with my hand.

With an offensive hand gesture, he left.

It was then I began the foreign routine of getting ready for school. For the past seven or so years, my brother and I have been home schooled. The work never took more than an hour, which allowed us more time to do our job. Though, I did have many friends that went to public schools. I knew the jist of things.

After feeding myself, showering, and brushing my teeth, I decided on what to wear. Not wanting to stand out too much, I pulled out a black form-fitting tee shirt and a pair of light colored flare jeans from my suitcase. Grabbing a gray zip up hoodie, I dug around for my backpack filled with random school supplies I had lying around my Philadelphian home. Lastly I tied up my black chucks and began my drive to Forks High School.

Like most significant buildings in this town, the school was right off of the highway. It was composed of several large houses, all marooned colored. The campus was dotted with small trees and shrubs.

It was much different than the schools in Philly. Those schools were mainly one building. Instead of small shrubs and trees, they had metal detectors and security guards. Adjusting to Forks might take a bit more effort than originally planned.

Taking in a calming and preparing breath, pulled into the student parking lot. Turning down my radio (which had been blasting Avenged Sevenfold’s “Bat Country”) I circled looking for a parking space.

My car turned heads. I had always taken a pride in it (if you haven’t noticed), and the lackluster vehicles the Forkianites drove only made my Ferrari stand out even more. I smiled when I found an empty space next to the best looking car on the lot. An oddly clean and shinny silver Volvo. Might as well compare the best to the better.

I cut the engine and slid out. Everyone in the parking lot stared in my direction. Smiling back, I made my way to the main office to get my schedule and a map.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another one should be up today or tomorrow...I kindda got my muse back ^^