Numb (one shot)

one of one

Once upon a time their was a girl who wanted to end her life but knew she could not because of her friends. Her friends and music were the most important things to her.

Her life started out with her mother leaving her dad when she was two. When she was three her mother met a new guy and got married. When the girl was seven her step-dad died from cancer.His hospital bed was in the living room of their apartment and day after day she watched him die till one night she went for a walk with her mother's friend's daughter. When they came back he was gone. Dead. The girl couldn't get quite over his death. She started acting out is very dangerous ways for a second grader, throwing scissors, pulling out hair, throwing a chair at a teacher and being alone.

Fast-forward till fifth grade her mother and her live in a different apartment and she now goes to a different school where she isn't picked on,but is still alone. Her mother meets a man who she falls in love with and they move in with him everything is fine, except the drinking has gone up quite a bit.
One summer,in sixth grade, her mom and her boyfriend go out to drink with a few buddies. All of them come home late and from inside the girl can here screaming and and stuff breaking. The girl, fresh with fright, runs upstairs and a tempts to hide under her bed. From her hiding spot she can hear the glass breaking, shouting and see the police lights. Finally the police have calmed down her mother and practically step-dad and separated them. Her mom is downstairs and he is upstairs.

The girl can't sleep at all. Her body is still shaking with fright but she eventually drifts to sleep. When she wakes up her small twin sized bed has another body in it. Curious, she tiptoes down the loud stairs and she sees her mother laying on the couch. Terrified, she asks if her mom would like a pillow and asks if her mom is okay. Her mom replies that she is fine and she doesn't want a pillow. The young girl realizes that her step dad is in her bed. As quietly as possible she grabs a blanket and a pillow and falls asleep on her floor.

When she wakes up again it is daytime and her belongings on her dresser are all knocked off. She stays in her room all day. Finally her mother comes into her room trying to coax her down to eat. The girl says she will be down soon. Later her step-dad comes and apologizes for what he did.

Now the girl is almost a freshman in high school, but she still wonders what exactly did he apologies for yelling at her mom or coming into her room?
♠ ♠ ♠
please comment