Status: Comments make me update more!!!

Kandi

Six

Finally after many hours of trying to put together the play set, Zacky, Matt, and Johnny had finally got it together. They sat outside waiting for Kandi to come outside and forgive them for saying bad words. Brian and Michelle pulled Kandi over to the sliding glass door that led to the back yard.

“You have something to say?” Brian asked trying to hold in his laughter at the three men who were trying to seek forgiveness from a four year old.

“I’m sorry.” They all spoke.

“Do you forgive us, Kandi?” Johnny asked.

She bit her lip trying to decide whether she did or not. Kandi nodded then ran towards the play set.

“Wait Kandi! We don’t know if it’s safe!” Brian shouted after the little girl.

Zacky caught Kandi before she could go too far.

“But I wanna play!” Kandi whined.

“You will but let them test it out before, so you don’t get hurt.” Zacky picked Kandi up.

Kandi huffed and watched with her arms crossed over her chest as Matt and Brian tested everything out. Michelle and Johnny went back inside to take care of Jimmy, while Zacky and Kandi waited to use the play set. Once it was clear the play set was safe, Kandi finally ran over to play on the swings.

“Zacky push me!” Kandi giggled trying to climb up onto the swing.

Zacky beamed and helped Kandi up onto the swing before he gently pushed her.

“Brian, push me too!” Matt joked and sat on the other swing.

“Push yourself.” Brian laughed and went to get a beer.

A while later Kandi hopped off the swing and crawled into Matt’s lap.

“Aww!” Zacky and Brian cooed.

“Shhhh!” Matt hissed and cradled the little girl in his arms.

She stuck a thumb into her mouth and slowly began to fall asleep.

“Looks like it’s somebody’s nap time.” Matt walked inside of the house, carrying Kandi with him.

He opened the door to Jimmy’s room and walked inside. Jimmy was on his lap top, he looked up and shook his head.

“No. Not happening.” Jimmy growled.

Matt covered Kandi’s ears and tucked her in.

“I know your pissed because Ally left you. Get over it! You’ve been through worse shit, how do you think I felt when Val died? Kandi is your kid, man up to the responsibility asshole.” Matt snapped then walked out of the room.

Jimmy sat in silence hurt and shocked at his friend’s words. The rest of the evening he spent thinking things over and looking at old memorabilia. He had two choices. He could either man up or runaway.