Laws of Attraction

education

20 weeks – 5 months

“Private school.”

“No!”

“Yes. I want him or her to have the absolute best education possible and private school is the way to go.”

Jack frowns, his arms crossing over his chest childishly. He stares at Alex who’s sitting up against the headboard, his bangs falling into his eyes as he stares at the TV screen. He knows he already won the argument between the two of them and now he’s just trying to get Jack to move on and start a new conversation. Jack knows the other boy way too well.

“What’s wrong with a public school education?” Jack puts in halfheartedly before laying down on his stomach. “I went to public school.”

Alex looks down at him and smiles sadly. “And look at how you turned out.” He runs his fingers through Jack’s hair. “You just answered your own question.”

Jack pouts, pushing Alex’s hands away from him. “You’re extra mean today.”

“Sorry. I’m five months pregnant and I have really bad stomach cramps. Would you like to trade places?”

“No…”

At that, Alex grins and grabs Jack’s hand, putting it on his stomach, right above his belly button. Jack sighs and rests his head on one of his arms, gently rubbing his fingers over the material of Alex’s shirt. He knows it usually makes Alex feel better and sometimes helps with the cramps but most of the time Jack just ends up getting a cramp in his arm.

However, on the brighter side, there are benefits to this. About five minutes pass, in which Alex starts to drift off back to sleep and Jack has slipped his fingers underneath his t-shirt, pressing just a slight bit harder as he rubs circles, before he feels the slightest kick against his hand. He smiles to himself, wondering if maybe the baby knows it’s him and is saying ‘hi’ or something like that. That’d be nice, Jack thinks.

“Jack?” Alex mumbles, his eyes half open and his hand resting on the small of Jack’s back.

Jack breathes out, blinking twice before responding just as muffled, “What?”

“Thanks for staying home sick with me today.”

“Mhm,” Jack mumbles back, “You’re welcome, Lex. You’re more important than whatever I had to do today.”
♠ ♠ ♠
My other stories might have even slower updates these days. I'm reallly focusing on my newest one, It Was Always You, so go check that out if you haven't yet :3

<33