***doll Misfits

Chapter 2

Wednesday

What Wednesday is wearing:

Image

Sun peeked through the gaps in the curtains, it’s warm rays resting on the cheeks of a peaceful child. Unwilling to give into this sudden intrusion, the child slept on, Soft snores filling the air.

“Wednesday baby, time to get up” Called a voice from behind the door.

As Wednesday began to stir, he noticed a heavy presence across his legs....The presence meowed.

“Morning Mittens” Wednesday cooed at the purring black fluff ball.

He threw off the covers, knocking the fluff ball clean off the bed, she was quite unhappy about this and showed it by letting out a loud meow before stalking out the door, stopping only briefly to glare at him. Ignoring her, Wednesdayrolled out of his bed and crawled towards his fuzzy red slippers. He was about to put them on, when he noticed a delicious smell wafting through the air. The smell, of Pancakes.....

After the sweet encouragement, Wednesday shot up and ran, making it to the kitchen in record time. He was delighted to find a large plate stacked high with fluffy pancakes, Chocolaty brown eyes, wide as saucers as they took in the pancakey goodness.

Wednesday ran to the kitchen table and jumped up into his chair. He swung his legs idly as he waited for his mother to bring over the syrup, butter and jam. Om Nom Nom

“Thanks lots Mama” Wednesday grinned and stuffed more pancake into his mouth. Pancakes had to be one of his favourite foods, atleast for this week that is, much to the absolute frustration of his mother. Like any 3 year old Wednesday’s favourite foods seemed to change every five minutes.

“Arrrrgghh! Wednesday!” Laura groaned at her 5 year old who had somehow managed to fling a pancake across the room and out the kitchen window. Wednesday giggled, jumped of his chair and ran after it, like a dog chasing a ball. As he went to climb out the window, his heard his mother shouting. But he ignored he and jumped out anyway.

Much to the utter disgust of his mother who was standing at the window looking out, Wednesday picked up the freshly landed pancake.....and continued to eat it “EWWWW WEDNESDAY!!!” Laura shrieked “THAT IS DISGUSTING!!”

Pushing back his unruly black locks his honey eyes shone mischievously Om Nom No. Unfortunately Wednesday was unable to take another bite as he was Scooped up into the arms of a tall figure.

“What are you doing ratbag?” the voice asked affectionately, sounding quite amused.

“DADDY!” squealed Wednesday, wrapping his arms around his father

“Morning Junior” David ruffled his son’s hair and swung him up onto his shoulders. Happy to ride aboard the Daddy-Express, Wednesday smiled and directed the ‘Express train’ towards the living room. However ‘Express train’ was non compliant, in fact ‘Express train’ went into the opposite direction. Towards the dreaded sound of a BATH BEING RUN! *Insert Psycho shower scene noise here* at this Wednesday attempted to abandon ship, only to be stopped and recaptured.

“Now, now Wednesday...You gotta get ready for Joey’s house” Explained his father “You can’t go covered in all that pancake mess.”

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!” Cried Wednesday as he was carried toward Bath time doom.