***doll Misfits

Chapter 3

Roman and Racci - Daycare


What Roman and Racci are wearing:

Racci:
Black blue and white striped T-shirt with baggy light blue denim jeans and sandals.

Roman:
Dark red T-shirt with light blue denim shorts and sandals.

*

Heh” Racci snorted concealing something behind his hands, which were in front of his face, covering all but his eyes.

Roman raised an eyebrow in curiosity “What?” he asked. Racci giggled and you could tell by his eyes he was clearly grinning like mad behind his hands.

“WatchWatchWatchWatch!” he chanted using his shoulder to nudge his friend. Roman turned in his chair and rolled his eyes at his overly exited best friend. “Ok go” He prompted, watching closely.

“ACHHU!” Racci shouted, letting fly a thick strand of bright green play dough from his nose.

“LOL!” shouted Roman and they both cracked up together, rolling on the floor clutching at their stomachs. Completely unaware that their loud commotion had attracted the stares of several other children, whom had clearly dropped what they were doing and were now watching on with complete unashamed interest.

By the time the pair had finally calmed down, nearly the whole day care was watching them, including some of the carers who seemed to be just as interested as the children.

“…..What?” they asked in unison, scanning their crowd. Mutters and whines filled the air as the group scattered back to whatever they has been previously doing, some with deep red blushes on their faces and some still pondering quietly what all the laughing had been about.

“Awesome” Roman smiled.

“SO what did you do with yours?” Racci asked peering over at roman’s side of the desk.

“Dinosaur.” Roman beamed proudly, leaning back in his chair to show him his green sort of – dinosaur, it didn’t really look like a dinosaur, it looked more like a giraffe…but Racci wasn’t going to say anything because he knew first hand what happened when you insulted something of Roman’s. He shuddered and thought back….

#Flashback#

“LOOK WHAT I DREW!” Roman’s shrill voice chirped, as he wildly waved a piece of paper in front of his friends hazel eyes. Racci simply slapped Roman’s hand away “I don’t care! It’s probably stupid, just like you!” finishing his sentence with his tongue poked out. Not really thinking about what he was saying. Racci heard a growl and he watched as his friends face went from exited to hurt to mad…Very mad….

A battle shriek filled his ears and he was suddenly aware that it was probably a very bad idea to have said what he said.

O.O <-- Racci’s face

#End Flashback#

Rubbing the side of his head subconsciously, he took in Roman’s creation.

“It’s great!” he beamed and congratulated him.

“Thanks!”

*

*DingDingDing*

“Yaaay! Lunch time” Racci cheered. “I love food” He quickly scrambled to his feet and looked over at Roman, who was still playing with the bugs they had found. “Come on Roe! We can come back later, but right now I’m starving!” He whined and offered Roman his hand. With one last glance at the bugs Roman took it and allowed himself to be lifted to his feet.

As they walked to the lunch rooms Racci began to babble “I hope it’s lasagna!...Or spaghetti!!” “I love spaghetti!..especially with meatballs…” It was safe to say Roman tuned out shortly after and ignored him for the rest of the walk….not that Racci noticed, no, he was far too into his food babble to notice.

Roman climbed the stairs and slid back the glass door that led into the air conditioned indoors of the day care. He turned around and realised Racci had lagged behind him, not very surprising. Roman peered at the sign on the nearby wall ‘Please keep door closed at all time : ) Kthanks.’

Roman shrugged ‘eh’ and slid the door closed, not bothering to wait for the slower raven haired boy.

Just as he began to walk away his ears registered a loud Thump and he was quick to spin around.

“AHAHAHAHAH!” Roman exploded with laughter….Racci had in fact…walked straight into the glass door and while that in itself was comical enough, his face was squished against the glass in such a fashion that the situation was instantly a gazillion times funnier.

As Racci righted himself he glared darkly at Roman who was….still laughing his head off. Racci wrenched open the door, ignoring the sign and leaving it wide open, letting the cold air out.

“IT’S NOT FUNNY” he shrieked, flailing he arms in the air.

“PFFT! YEAH IT IS!” Roman laughed and doubled over in a new fit of giggles.

“Humpf!” Racci pouted and stomped towards the lunchroom, arms crossed tightly across his chest. Muttering under his breath as he went.

“Hahahahah! CLASIC!” Roman spun around as he heard another voice, one he was totally unprepared for. “It is absolutely hilarious when kids do that,” laughed David the day care manager “Honestly! don’t tell anyone but sometimes I clean it just so it happens more often”

“Legend!” Roman cheered and hi fived the manager.

“Anyways, you better go off to lunch mate, I hear its Meat pie today.” The older man grinned and shoed the boy towards the lunchroom before turning back into his office.

“Kids, hah” He sighed and closed the door.

*

“That was some good pie” Racci sighed as he patted his belly. The pair walked back to the patch of dirt in which they had left their bugs. A ladybug called Gandalf and a Slater that Racci had affectingly named ‘Fredrick von Fredrickson’ together they lived on 7 dirt ‘n’ stuff road and lived on a mound of dirt Roman had kindly structured for them.

“They’re not home” Roman frowned peering down at the mound of dirt.

“Pfft don’t worry they’re probably out for beers” Racci reassured, according to his mum that’s what his daddy usually was doing when he wasn’t home.

‘Yes’ Roman thought, they probably were out for beers. “Ok then” He smiled, instantly cheering up. “What do you want to do now?” he asked

Racci thought for a moment….then he decided “OMG FOLLOW MEH!” He exclaimed and took off into a random direction at high speed. Roman had only just enough time to stand up as he saw the stripy streak known as Racci disappear around a corner “RACCI SLOW DOWN!” He shouted and took off after him.

*

After about an hour of exploring the ruins of the lost land of ‘Trees ’n’ Fence’ they wearily dragged themselves back to the day care. They walked up the stairs together and pulled back the door, this time Racci did NOT walk into it, this he made quite sure of as he stepped around it, glaring fiercely at its glassy panes.

The glass door glinted at him, seemingly saying ‘Bring it on junior’ Oh it was on…it was on indeed, the next time he saw the door, it had better be ready….But for now he was far too tired to do anything . So with one last glare, he walked on towards the playroom.

Roman and Racci bonelessly collapsed onto two of the plush orange couches that lined the playroom walls and instantly they both fell asleep, the long day of adventure had been exhausting for the young explorers.

*

“Roman honey” a whisper pulled him from his sleep and he blearily opened his eyes and saw his mother leaning over him, her hand on his shoulder. “Mama?” he yawned, rubbed at his eyes.

“Yeah Baby, it’s me” She smiled softly “Time to go home, you gotta get ready for Joey’s remember?”

Roman sat up in excitement and instantly regretted it as he felt his head begin to swim with dizziness “Uhhrggh” He groaned, bringing a hand to his face. His mother laughed and shook her head. “Well that was silly.” She stated. Roman just nodded and groaned. “Come on lets go.” She said and she picked him up off the couch and carried him towards the front office.

“Mama, where’s Racci?” Roman asked, wondering why he hadn’t seen him on the way out. “He probably went home before you sweetie” she told him, as she used her free and to sign him out. “You will see him soon though, he’ll be at Joey’s too.”

Roman smiled into his mum’s shoulder…He had a feeling this was going to be a fun night……

*