***doll Misfits

Chapter 4

Joey - Muffins


What Joey is wearing:
A black T-shirt with zildjian written in white on the front,
Dark blue shorts and no shoes

*

In the Jordison household a battle was taking place......

.....A hyperactive 5 year old VS a pissed off cat

The atmosphere was dead silent as the pair circled each other. Joey crawling on his knees and the
cat.....well the cat resembled a fluffy archway as it tiptoed around, it’s tail was bent at an awkward
angle and the look on its face showed it meant business.

It all started that morning while Joey and his mother were preparing cupcakes.....
#Flashback#

“...2 eggs, 1 cup of sugar and a teaspoon of ch-chi-chinaman?” Joey stared down at the instructions, one eyebrow raised and a hand under his chin. Why the hell did they want him to put a Chinese man in the mixture. Damn bakers! Why are they so crazy!? Pfft. Joey decided to consult his mother on the matter.

“Ma?”

“Yes Joey?”

“Why are bakers crazy..?” The five year old peered up at his mother in curiosity.

The brunette woman stared down at her child “Why do you say that Jo Jo?”

“Well the recipe says I gotta put a teaspoon of Chinese man in the cakes and I think that’s crazy, people flavoured cakes would be really yucky” Joey scrunched up his nose and stuck out his tongue in distaste.

Jackie raised an eyebrow “Why don’t you show me this recipe.....”

“OK!” Joey grinned grabbing his mum’s hand and leading her to the kitchen. Joey pulled himself up onto a wooden stool by the island bench. He grabbed the recipe and held it up to her face “SEE!” He pointed to the word “It says ‘Chinaman’!”

Jackie giggled and pulled the book from her son’s hand. “Cinnamon, Joey, Cinnamon” she repeated pointing to the word and tapping her finger on it.

“Ohhhh...” Joey sighed and slapped a hand to his forehead.

“Maybe you should make them instead so I can just eat them” : D Joey grinned and climbed down from the stool, running outside before she could object.

“But y-” She began, staring at the now vacated seat. “Ugh.” She sighed and turned he attention to the mess the boy had created “Damn it Joey!” she spun around and cursed towards the door he had just run through.

*

Joey ran out into the garden, skipped down the stone pathway and sped towards the big old oak tree that stood tall right at the end of the path. He loved that tree and had many a memories from it.. he sighed and thought back to the many times he’d walked into it(Imagine a montage of 5 year old Joey randomly walking into a massive tree with the titanic heme song in the background xD)

Ah..good times.

He loved that tree, he loved its splintery bark and its built in cubby house but most of all he dored the tire swing...It hung from a large branch on a 4 metre rope and Joey thought it was he best thing since sliced bread.

Pulling off his shoes he climbed up onto the tire. He leant back and gradually started to swing himself higher and higher. Loving the way the wind blew in his face every time he flew forwards. Joey being the hyerative child that he was eventually grew bored of the repetitive swinging and decided to jump off. So with one last swing he let go, his body flying through the air, his longish black tresses flowing out behind him.

Joey landed with catlike grace a few metres from the swing. His heart was pounding like mad.

*

20 minutes later Joey made a discovery...

There was something sitting on the table....

“Oh Mah GAWD a BAGEL!” Joey shrieked and ran at it. But just as he reached the table he noticed something had beat him to it.....

#End Flashback#

As the pair circled the bagel, the atmosphere visibly darkened and the cat’s ginger fur puffed up menacingly as it attempted to scare off the boy. But Joey was having none of it. That bagel was as good as his....

“ReeeeeOOwww” The cat yowled threateningly, making a swipe at Joey’s cheek.

But Joey was too fast. He pulled back quickly and It barely missed. The paw still managed slightly catch his hair as it passed thought giving it a sharp tug. Joey hissed in pain and managed to send spit flying all over the cat....and as we all know, cats dislike water...

And thus Joey won the battle. As the cat slunk away into the shadows., Joey held the bagel above his head and let out a victory cry...The bagel was his....

Sadly, seconds later a bird swooped down and captured the bagel in its beak...The bagel had been stolen...The war had begun....

For the next 25 minutes Joey continued to launch sticks toward the tree the bird had flow into. To no avail....The bagel was gone...never to be seen again.

Having well and truly given up Joey returned to the house. Shoulders slumped, head hung in shame. “Damn Bird…” Joey Grumbled and kicked at a rock that just happened to choose the worst time to be a rock.

*

The second Joey opened the door his nose was assaulted by the smell of cinnamon. It wasn’t one of those smells that just lingered around. It was more like one that walked up too you and punched you in the face. It was amazing.

Joey ran towards the wafting smell. Muffins. Muffins. Muffins. Muffins. Muffins.

“FREEZE!” Yelled a voice as Joey peered into the kitchen “DO.NOT. TOUCH…THE. MUFFINS.”

Joey’s mum waved an oven mitt clad hand in his face. It was god damn scary. Joey went wide eyed and slowly backed out of the room. Why couldn’t he touch the muffins….It sounded like a conspiracy in his mind…A conspiracy indeed. The woman had to be hiding something….

Joey ran to the living room and hid behind the couch, waiting for his mother to leave the muffins unattended. He didn’t have to wait long, he watched as she walked up the staircase, waiting till she reached the top before jumping out from his hiding spot and snuck back into the kitchen.

There the muffins stood in all their cinnamony goodness. Joey eagerly climbed up onto a stool and crawled onto the table. On top of the try of muffins was a note ‘Joey, I’m serious. Do not touch the muffins.’ The note was properly disposed of via his hand to the floor.

Joey reached towards the tray….

As his hand lingered above a muffin his mother burst into the kitchen “JOEY NO!” she shrieked. But it was too late…his little hand had closed around it…

A high pitched cry filled the room. As the muffin burnt his hand.

*

Jackie stroked the hair of her sobbing 5 year old as he held his hand under cold water. She couldn’t say she didn’t warn him….but she still wished she had tried harder to keep him away from them. Eventually the sobbing died down and she turned off the tap.

She carefully dried his arm with a towel before leading him to a couch and instructing him to stay put. For once he actually listened to her and sat with his legs curled up to his chest. His hand hurt horribly and he wished he hadn’t touched the muffins.

Jackie came back shortly after with some bandages and disinfectant.

“Jo this is going to hurt a bit ok?” She told him sadly.

“But it already hurts!!” he sniffled, wiping at his wet cheeks.

“I know it does baby, I know. But if you do this you can watch cartoons for as long as you want ok?” She smiled as she saw the edges of his mouth curve slightly.

Joey held out his hand and shut his eyes tight. “Good boy” she said and poured some disinfectant onto a cloth.

She nearly laughed as she saw Joey trying to look and not look at the same time. Ah to be young she thought to herself.

*

Hand bandaged and body wrapped in a feather quilt, Joey eagerly watched his cartoons. Any pain that was still there quickly forgotten as he watched the people on the TV being obliterated by laser beams.

It was a knock at the door that brought him back to reality. He was about to disregard it until he heard his mother calling to him… “JOEY! Wednesdays here!”

:O WEDNESDAY!

Joey shot up off the couch and ran for the door……….

*
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for hurting Joey >.< But seriously, It's so something he would do!