Dreaming of Jonas

The Concert

Erica and I drove to the concert listening to the Jonas Brothers, but saving our voices for the endless screaming. I had been thinking too much about Matt's father and less of the concert. Every moment spent on this, I wanted to turn back and let Erica go instead.

"You okay Melissa?" Erica spoke firmly as she lowered the music so we could talk.

"Yeah ...just thinking about Matt." My voice was low and tolerant for the moment of silence that seemed to take over the entire car ride. Erica kept her eyes on the road, but looked over to me once in a while to make sure I was okay.

"We're almost there Melissa, just a couple more minutes and we'll be able to see Nick, Joe, and Kevin!!!!" She started to scream.

"I thought we were going to save our voices for the concert?" I said as I looked at her in a funny expression.

"Oh.....I forgot...." We laughed for a couple seconds.

"Thanks for coming with me Erica."

"No problem, any chance to see the Jo-Bros and I'm there," she said excitingly.

"Cool," I replied as if I had no problem at all, like Matt's grieving news was never said.

We pulled into the parking lot of the Star-land Ballroom and parked into a close spot near the doors. We got out and literally ran to the ticket booth almost tripping over our feet, fighting over who would get there first. The women behind the ticket booth was aged and looked like she hadn't had sleep for days.

"May I have your ticket?" the women asked tiredly.

"Here you go...." We both handed her the tickets.

"You can go by girls. Have fun at the show as well."

"Thanks-" we spoke in unison then laughed doing our signature -snap, snap, snap, hair flip- leaving ticket woman starring at us faintly.

"Come on!" Erica dragged me into the Ballroom and straight into the backstage area.

"Geese Erica slow down!!" I yelled trying to get a grip on the ground, but epically failing at it.

The stage manager came into our view, but he was asleep.

"Geese, asleep at the job." I whispered as we sneaked past him. We crouched onto the ground, Erica being in front of me. We slowly made our way to the other side of the stage manager. He was still asleep. Right as we were down the hallway, we got up from the floor. Erica looked at me as if she were on crack and took off at a speed that I didn't even know she could go.

"Wait for me!!!!!" I ran after her, but as I did, I knocked into something or someone. I looked up and saw and felt my heart skip a complete four beats. Joe Jonas was on the floor collapsed next to me looking into my eyes.

"Mum....I.....I'm so sorry J-Joe," I spoke very slow and shaky.

"Oh...it's okay...umm....what's your name?"

"Ohh.....umm...I’m M-Melissa Rios." My voice was still shaky because I was still in shock that I was starring in the face of the very person I very wished to see. Joe got up and dusted himself off. He was wearing white skinny jeans with a faded black short-sleeved shirt that had a white vest over it. He wore shoes similar to mine, but they looked way more expensive than mine. He held out his hand to help me up. I took it and I came only inches from his face.

"You okay Melissa?" It felt so awesome with him saying my name.

"Uhh, yea..." I separated from him a little bit. "Have you seen my friend? She's going crazy looking for your brother, Nick..." I broke off.

"...A crazy dirty blonde running as if dear life was depended on it?" I nodded, “then yes I have." He smiled at me then said, “I’ll take you there." He took my hand again and I started to blush faintly enough that someone could see, but Joe never looked at me 'cause I think he was doing the same as I was. I was hand in hand with Joe Jonas and I had just met him five minutes ago and said barely a sentence to him. I ran with him to their dressing room to find out if Erica was already squeezing the dear life out of Nick.
♠ ♠ ♠
edited by: perfectly dreaming