Status: Sorry about the incomplete story

R.O.E.Z

The Beginning of the Madness

The guard pulled the familiar shackles and Jack obediantly stuck out his arms. The shackles clanked together as the guard finished putting them on his arms and legs. The guard led Jack away from the yard at a brisk pace. Jack noticed the pace and wondered why the guard seemed to be on edge. He noticed that the guard was sweating also. "What has him so nervous?" Jack thought to himself. That's when he saw the bandage that wrapped around the upper part of his arm. Further observation told Jack that the hall was cleared of all prisoners. Then,adding to his mounting confusion, he noticed the blinking red lights that were above the staff doors.
Jack watched the guard closely. He saw that the guard had a very lax hand on his chains. If he wanted to, he could easily tear free from him but for the moment Jack just followed him. The guard muttered to himself. "He's sick," Jack realized. They finally arrived at Jack's cell and the guard clumsily opened the door. Not bothering to take the shackles off, the guard roughly pushed Jack into the cell and slammed the door. Jack stood there until he heard the click of the lock. Sighing, he felt around the cell for his bed and when he found it, plopped down into it. He lay back in his pillow and lay his hand across his chest. His eyes slowly closed to the feeling of his heart beating in his chest.
A couple hours later, Andrea awoke and sat up in her bed. Unlike Jack's cell, hers had light and barred doors so she could see out of them. She went to the bars and looked out. Confident that no one was coming, she pulled out a set keys from her jumpsuit pocket. She stuck the key into the lock and turned the key, remembering how easy it'd been to nick the keys from the passing guard. She smiled as the door creaked open but frowned as she remembers the condition of the guard. He had appeared to be delusional muttering random names to no one in particular. Shaking he head to clear her thoughts, she stepped out of the cell. Another advantage she had that Jack didn't was that she wasn't shackled like he was.
She quietly made her way through the hall, noticing that it was oddly devoid of life. "Where is everyone?" she wondered to herself. She found the front door and pushed through the double doors. Screams greeted her as she stepped outside. Even in the dark she could see a group of guards standing near the front gate. Deciding to ignore the group, she was about to turn to go back inside when a guard shuffled towards her. She froze instantly. Andrea tried desperately to get her legs to move but they wouldn't oblige. The guard moaned and shuffled past her. "What's wrong with him?" she thought to herself. "I know he saw me." The guard shuffled towards the group by the gate. One of the guards noticed the man and said, "Hey good timing Greg." Greg said nothing, just continued forward. He finally stopped in font of the guard that had just spoken. "Um, Greg?" the guard said, placing a hand on his shoulder. Then, faster then the poor man could react, Greg's head snapped forward and tore a chunk of flesh from the guards arm. Blood flew into the air, covering both men in blood.
The guard pulled back and fell onto the ground, writhing and yelling in pain. Not waiting for the other guards to recover, Greg shuffled over to an unfortunate red headed woman bit deeply into her neck. She screamed as Greg tore out a large portion of her neck and blood shot out in all directions. Her eyes rolled back in her head and she sank to the ground. Finally galvanized into action, the other guards ran to Greg and began to beat him with their batons. Greg groaned once before falling under the barrage of beatings. For a moment, all they did was stare at Greg. Finally one of the guards could speak. "What-" he never finished his sentence. Greg grabbed his leg and pulled it to his mouth. He bit deeply and shook his head viciously, tearing muscle and skin alike. The other guard pulled back his baton and swung as hard as he could. There was a sick crunching sound as the baton met Greg's skull. His head rolled back and he fell back, finally still.
The guard stepped back, breathing heavily. A movement to his right made him turn around. Just as the corpse of the red headed woman jumped at him. The guard stuck the baton into her teeth to keep her from biting him. He wrested with her for a moment before he was able to get his feet under her. He kicked upward sending her flying off of him. He jumped up and ran towards her. He lifted his boot and stomped on the woman's head. There was a nasty crunch as her skull caved in. He stepped back and was about to relax when he felt teeth sink into his leg. He gasped in pain and looked back. He saw that the guard who had just been bitten was biting into his leg. The guard fell over onto the ground and turned to struggle, but the guard who'd lost a piece of his arm grabbed him by the arm and bit into his neck. The man screamed once and then was quiet. The only sound from the courtyard now was the sound of corpses feasting on people....
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment please