Status: Incomplete

Power Within

Tests

He was a cyborg. “You’ve done a great deed,” he said, turning to look at him. “The boar things were called Zoans. “Zoans are human experiments that went wrong.” “there are more than you can imagine, most of which are even stronger than the ones you killed yesterday.” “Although I must say, killing two of them by yourself, barehanded is quite the feat.” “All of these other kids are especially grateful to you.” He signaled the other kids. Raze looked at them and noticed they all were smiling at him. He turned away and asked the cyborg, “What was the machine that they were hooked up to doing to them?” “Sucking away their memories,” the cyborg answered. “Why?” Raze asked. “Eating memories makes them stronger,” the cyborg answered. “After they did that, they were probably going to eat their bodies, but you saved them as well as eliminated them.” “I would love to know what exactly happened though,” the cyborg said. Raze sat down in a chair and told them all what had happened.
When he finished, the cyborg had a huge grin plastered across his face. The other kids were open mouthed. “I’m glad you’ll be joining us,” the cyborg said. “What do you mean?” Raze asked. “We’ve gathered a lot of kids to help us get rid of these Zoans,” he said. Raze looked stunned. “What?” “You thought you were the only one?” Raze nodded. “Your only one out of about a hundred,” the cyborg said. “Tomorrow, all one hundred of you will fight in a big arena,” he said. “Yes, I said all of you.” “You all must be tired, so you are dismissed.” The kids started to exit, but when Raze was about to leave, the cyborg stopped him. “I’ve put my faith in you, Raze,” he said. “And also, don’t be surprised to find out that by tomorrow, everyone will know what you did.” “I doubt many of them will want to tangle with you.” Raze nodded and left the room. The cyborg looked after him until he was gone and then he pulled out a file that had a picture of a girl. “This should be a very interesting fight tomorrow,” he said to himself. He put the file up and leaned back in his chair.
Outside, the nurse was waiting to show him to his room. He followed her up to his room and went in. He went into the restroom and took an appreciated shower. When he got up, he found that his clothes had been washed. His eyes widened and he quickly went through the pants pockets. He was relieved to find that the necklace was still there. He kissed it and put it on. Then he put on his clothes and lay down to go to sleep. The next morning, when he woke up, he went out and went downstairs. Everyone had already gathered there. He found out that the cyborg hadn’t been lying. All one hundred kids were there. By quickly glancing around, he was able to tell that there were more girls than boys. There was a huge bell hanging overhead. The cyborg appeared holding what appeared to be a cannon. “Students, I wish you all luck,” he said. He looked at Raze, aimed the cannon and fired. The cannon smashed against the bell and it rang.
Everyone ran at each other, but Raze stood in one place. He knew that just rushing into the fight was idiotic. He had to save his energy and besides, he was already injured. Someone rushed at him from the swarm, but a well placed punch dropped him where he stood. Then he spotted someone across the arena that made his mouth drop open. When he spotted her, he thought he was looking at a girlish reflection of himself, but he quickly realized it was really a different girl. She had long black hair, the same eyes as him, but there was a difference between their eyes. Her eyes still had their spark while Raze’s had none. An idiotic thought ran across his mind, but he quickly subdued it. There was absolutely no way that this girl could be related to him. A massive boy ran at her and Raze thought she was in trouble, but she ducked under his thrown arm and delivered a chop to the back of his neck. The massive boy fell to the ground. Raze snapped back, just as another boy ran at him. He jumped back and grabbed the boy in a sleeper hold. That’s when he noticed something. There was large group in the swarm that had surrounded him. About ten if he had counted right. They rushed him.

One of them jumped at him. He blocked, but then another one jumped and kicked him in the side. All Raze could do was put his hands up to protect himself as all of them started to pound away at him. The cyborg looked at this with a frown on his face. One of the boys grew cocky and stepped closer. Raze’s arm shot and grabbed his. Raze grunted and started to swing the boy by his arm. The boy’s leg smashed into one the boy’s head sending him crashing into two other boys, knocking them out cold. Then he released the boy he had spinning and sent him sliding across the floor. That left six. Two of them panicked and rushed him from each side. Raze jumped back and they collided with each other. Four were left. Raze ran at the two in front, but then, the other two jumped behind him. One of them kicked him in the back of the knees, making him fall. Then the other locked his arms behind his back. One the kids, obviously the leader of the attack force stepped up cracking his knuckles. “Let’s see what all the fuss over you is about,” he said.
He swung a fist and connected with Raze’s face. Then he swung again, then again, and then he would kick him. They kept doing this over and over again until Raze was barely conscious. “Well, your not all your worked out to be,” “I guess it’s time to end this,” he said. The cyborg gritted his teeth. This didn’t look good. Raze swung his head back and hit the boy in the mouth. He screamed and let go of him. Raze quickly turned and punched him as hard as he could in his stomach. The boy crumpled. Then he jumped back. The three remaining boys circled him. One of the boys rushed him and Raze clotheslined him. He could hear the boy gag as his arm connected with his neck. The boy went spinning to the ground. Raze was pissed. How dare they try and gang up on him. The one beside the leader tried to flee, but Raze cut him off and punched him in the stomach, but once wasn’t enough. He swung again and again. With every punch, the boy’s feet would leave the floor a little bit higher. After the tenth or eleventh punch, Raze slammed his face into the ground. Then he turned on the leader.
The leader ran at Raze and swung. Raze jumped back, grabbed his arm and pulled it out of place. The boy screamed and backed away. Raze ran forward and rammed his knee into the leader’s stomach. He doubled over and started to cough up blood. Raze wasn’t finished yet. He grabbed him by the hair and lifted him up. He pulled back a fist and smashed it against the boy’s face. The boy went limp immediately and Raze dropped him onto the floor. He put a hand to his face and realized that blood was all over his face. He took his hand away from his face and realized that more than eighty of the people had been knocked out. He did a quick head count and saw that there were about 12 left, including Luke, Ivy, Tiff, and that girl. Raze thought about fighting them, but decided to rest a little bit. He dropped back and sat down. The girl ran at two other girls and took them both out with a one kick. Now there were ten left.
Luke ran at one of them and slammed him onto the ground. That was 9. Tiff grabbed a hold of Ivy’s hand and swung her around in a full circle. Her heels slammed against about 5 faces. None of which stayed upright. 4 people were left and it looked like the girl was out numbered. The girl ran at Ivy and grabbed her by her neck. Luke and Tiff ran to her and the girl let go of Ivy and grabbed Luke and Tiff by the side of the head. They realized too late what had happened. The girl slammed all their heads together, knocking all three of them out. The cyborg was wearing a grin that wouldn’t even fit a clown’s face. This was the moment he had waiting for. The girl threw her arms into the air, not realizing that Raze was still up. Raze stood up and walked towards her. When he got close to her, he realized that she had seen him. He ducked and jumped back, just as the girl did a round house kick. It barely missed his head. Raze and the girl circled each other, observing each other. “I noticed that you have similar features to mine,” she remarked. “I noticed that your wearing a necklace just like mine. “If I didn’t know any better I would say we’re related. “You talk too much,” Raze said.

Raze jumped at her and swung. He missed and he realized that the more he missed, the closer to defeat he would come. The girl kicked his legs out from under him and grabbed his arm. She wrapped his arm with his legs and began to pull it across his body. Raze screamed. His arm was crying out in pain, but his chest pain was excruciating. Then the wound just opened. Blood rushed out, covering his shirt. He tried to get up, but the girl kicked him in his chest, making him go back down. The kick had made his necklace fly off his neck. “MOM!” he cried. He jumped up and swung the girl off his arm. She hit the floor. He ran after his necklace, got it, and put it in his pocket. It was like the pain caught up with him at that moment. He fell to his knees and began to breathe heavily. The girl jumped and Raze fell on his back. The girl went over him, creating an opening that only a fool wouldn’t take. Raze jumped up, hitting the girl in the back and making her spin in the air. He didn’t notice her hand go into his pocket before she hit the ground though. Raze pinned her down and began to twist both of her arms. She screamed. She threw one of her feet up and caught Raze in the back of the head. Raze got back on his feet. He had been hoping that she would have given up, but now it looked like he would have to knock her out.
Just then the bell rung. They looked up and saw the cyborg smiling big. “Fight’s over children,” he said. “We now have our two best fighters.” Raze didn’t know whether to be mad or relieved. He sat heavily on the floor and started to wipe his face. “Next is the element test,” he said. “This test will let us know which element each of you can control,” he said. “I’ll explain more after that.” Raze and the other children were led into a chamber. In the center of the chamber stood an old man wearing a robe. The cyborg walked up to him and they exchanged words. When they had finished, the man came up to them and chose a child. He happened to choose Ivy. He led her to the center of the room and told her something. She nodded and put both of her hands together. Every one was quiet for a moment and then water poured from her hands onto the floor. A cheer escaped the crowd and Ivy smiled sheepishly. Another child was chosen. This one was the girl Raze had fought in the arena. She went up to the center of the room, put her hands together and created sparks. It was like this for an hour or two. In this time, Raze saw them create water, lightning, earth, and plants. Finally, it was his turn.
The man came up to him and whispered into his ear. “Think of your happiest memory and turn it into a form of element that best suits you,” he said. Raze put his hands together and concentrated. He pictured his mom and dad at the water park and smiled. The audience saw water starting to pour from his hands and were a little disappointed. Then, his memory was intruded upon by the images of the burglar and his dead father. An unbearable amount of hate for the burglar took a hold of him. The audience saw his face change and grew interested. Flames began to dance on his fingertips. Then the hate surged and a stream of fire flew from between his hands. The audience was stunned and not only them. The cyborg and the old man were stunned as well. The flames did not cease. As a matter of fact, they continued to grow. The flames actually started to engulf Raze. Then Raze opened his eyes and dropped his hands. The flames went out and smoke rose from his body. He wasn’t injured and his clothes were still intact. Everyone was silent for a while and then the cyborg came up and patted him on the back. “It’s time for all of you to start your new school,” he said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment