Status: Incomplete

Worlds

Celebration

Vice led Dean to the door and pressed a series of buttons. As Dean listened, he noticed that each button made a certain noise, either louder or quieter than the others. Vice led him into the hallway and Dean’s eyes opened wide. He had been expecting a dirty hall, similar to the one that he had come out of, but to his surprise it was clean and instead of cells, they had rooms, granted locked rooms, but rooms all the same. “It’s clean huh?” Vice said. Dean nodded. “I’ve wanted to come over here for a while now and thanks to you I have.” Dean nodded again. They turned at the end of the hallway and stopped in front of a door with no lock on it. “This is it,” Vice said. “I’ll wait outside for you until you’re finished getting looked at.” Dean pushed opened the door and went inside. “I wonder what sort of idiot I’m seeing today,” he heard a woman say from behind her desk.
She looked up from her book and stared at Dean as if in shock. She appeared to be fairly young. About her early twenties or so. She had green eyes, yellow hair, and a very attractive physique. “A very attractive and young idiot, it would seem,” she said, almost to herself. She stood and walked up to him. She was about his height, but something about her seemed to make him feel as if she were taller than him. “Hmm,” she said, lifting his chin. “Black hair, gorgeous blue eyes, and apparently soft lips,” she said, running a finger along his lips. She lifted up his shirt and rubbed her hand on his stomach. “Fine body as well.” She poked his bruised ribs and he grimaced. She stepped back. “My name is Dr. Reagan and you have a busted forehead and bruised ribs. She turned and strode to the table in the corner of the room. She grabbed some gauze and rags and walked back over to him. “Take of the shirt.” Dean took off his shirt and stood there as the doctor rubbed the blood from his forehead and then proceeded to wrap his forehead with gauze.
When she had finished, she started to wrap his ribs. “You know that a kid like you should have died by now right?” she asked. “I’m not that young,” Dean said. “Oh I think you are,” the doctor said. “If you can get through this level then I’ll think about changing my opinion of you.” She finished her wrapping his ribs and he put his shirt back on. He turned to leave. “Bye now Newborn, I’ll look forward to seeing you later.” Dean pushed the door opened and walked out to Vice who took his chain and led him back down the hall. They stopped in front of a door and Vice unlocked it. “Just to let you know, you’ll have a roommate and because of this, you’ll be hated a lot, so try not to die, deal?” Dean nodded. “But why? Don’t others have roommates?” Vice nodded. “But they all want this roommate. “You’ll find out why.” He laughed and pushed him into his room.
Dean heard him lock the door and turned around, to find a girl sitting on the only bed in the room. She withdrew a hand from her shorts without any look of shame. She had yellow, long hair, with bright blue eyes, and a very serious expression. She looked to be around his age, not quite a woman yet. “So you beat Fist.” It was a statement, not a question, so he decided not to so say anything. “I think that me and you could get along.” She came and forced Dean into a chair by the bed. She sat down in his lap and stuck her finger in his mouth. Dean pulled it out and stood up hastily, blushing furiously. “How’d it taste?” she asked. “I-I don’t know,” Dean sputtered, turning a deep shade of red. “We should take a bath,” the girl said, taking his hand and pulling him into the bathroom.

“By the way, my name is Ghost,” she said, closing the door and locking it. She started to undress by the door, barring Dean’s means of escape. “I’d get comfortable here if I were you,” Ghost said to him. “Oh?” Dean said, turning around. “Why?” “Because it’s by far easier to get through life in this level.” She turned on the bath behind him and Dean heard her get into the bath. “How so?” Dean asked, interested despite himself. “Well although level three not that impressive compared to levels two and one. There are a lot of positives.” “Like?” Dean asked. “Well…for one the people down here aren’t that strong, so when people try and take you out, you can easily beat them back and that gets tougher the higher up in level you go.” Dean looked back and then turned his gaze away again. “So you don’t have anything worth going to the next level for?” he pressed. The splashing behind him stopped. “There’s a girl on the second level that I miss dreadfully that I wish I could see…” She stopped talking here.
“Well I was told that everyone has a roommate, so would I be correct to assume that level three hosts like double battles?” “Yea, but that’s only when the chance to go up comes around..” “Which is?” Dean asked. “Well now that you mention it, I think it comes up tomorrow.” Dean started. “But I was told the chance to move up doesn’t come around too often.” “Well the chances come around at different times for each level,” Ghost said. Like we’ve been waiting for our chance for like a month now. Tomorrow we have to fight the defending champs from this level and after that we take on some people from the next level…if we make it.” “You don’t sound too confident in your abilities,” Dean said after a while. “Well, it’s not like that at all,” Ghost said. “It’s just that I’d rather not go through the hassle unless I actually have a shot at going up.” Dean thought about this for a moment before he responded. “So you’re saying that you’re only still here because you knew your chances of winning your previous fights were slim?” he asked. “Yes, that’s exactly right,” Ghost said.
Dean heard water splash around as Ghost got out of the bath. “You know, you’re a strange boy Dean,” Ghost said. “How so?” Dean asked without turning around. “Any other man on this level would’ve responded to my advances.” “Well I’m different from the rest of them.” “That much is obvious,” Ghost said. “Well, I’ll leave you to your business, but I’d hurry up if I were you because Celebration starts soon.” “What is Celebration?” Dean asked. For a moment, Ghost was silent. “I think it’d be more entertaining if you found out the answer to that question by yourself,” she said. With that, Dean heard the door close. Dean turned around and looked at the tub, although to him it looked more like an indoor pool. Dean took a deep whiff of himself and grew a little dizzy. “Wow, I stink,” he thought to himself. Dean took off his clothes and threw them into the corner before sliding slowly into the water.
He didn’t spend much time in the tub at all. He scrubbed his hair and body thoroughly with soap and then climbed out, feeling refreshed. He put on his clothes and stepped out into his room. He saw Ghost in front of a mirror, admiring herself. She wore a short black skirt, a black shirt, black socks, with black shoes. “What’s your favorite color?,” Dean asked, trying to be funny. “White,” Ghost said without turning around. Dean couldn’t tell if she was kidding or not so he didn’t say anything. “Is that what you’re wearing?” Ghost asked him, watching him in the mirror. “Well yea.” Ghost sniffed disdainfully. “Hey I don’t have anything else to wear,” he said defensively. “And it’s not like I’ll be in this world for long…”
Ghost turned to him. “Your not from this world?” Dean stiffened as he realized his mistake. “No, I am from this world. I’m just umm…..considering suicide.” Ghost came closer to him. “You’re a horrible liar Dean.” Dean backed up. “What did you mean?” Ghost asked, taking another step towards him. “Nothing at all,” Dean lied. Ghost reached for him, but the door opened suddenly and she pulled her hand back. Vice stood in the doorway staring at them. “It’s time,” he announced. “I’ve been sent to pick you both up,” he said. He looked at Dean’s clothes and smiled. “I also managed to find you some new clothes to change into.” He tossed a sleeveless black shirt and pair of blue pants to Dean. “It’s not the nicest set of clothes, but it’s a hundred times better than what you’re wearing right now.” “I agree,” Ghost said. Dean rolled his eyes and went into the restroom. He emerged a couple of minutes later. “Nice improvement,” Vice said. “I could say the same,” Dean said. Vice had cleaned himself considerable since coming to the third level. He wore a shirt and some jeans, but what Dean had been referring to was his body, which was as clean as he’d ever seen it. Vice smiled and lifted up a chain. “Come on,” he said.
Vice led them through a series of hallways and as they walked Dean took in every detail and committed them to memory, unaware of Ghost watching him. They walked for a couple of minutes until finally the hallways came to an end and they were led through double doors. Dean looked around, awestruck. It was night outside and the moon threw beams of lights on the grounds. On these grounds were bunches of people and carts of who knew what. “Are all these people the fighters?” Dean asked. “Not at all,” Vice said. “Most of them are the Upper Class People.” “The fighters are all chained to some slots in the building,” he went on. “They stay there until they are requested.” “Requested?” Dean asked. “I can’t answer any more questions right now,” Vice hissed and led them to the side of the building. There were two slots side by side and Vice slid the chains into the holes until he heard the lock of the mechanism inside. “See you later kid,” he said and walked away. “I won’t be here for long,” Ghost said. Dean looked at her. “Why not?” he asked. “Let’s just say I’m famous at these things.” As if on cue, a handler came up to them and grabbed Ghost’s chain. As he got the chain, she glanced over at him and then winked.
As she was led away, Dean became aware of someone laughing softly beside him. He looked over and saw a boy around his age. He had black long hair, dark brown eyes, and a huge scar that ran down the left side of his face. “She’s a whore you know,” he said lightly. Dean stared at him. He returned the look. “That’s what she meant by she’s famous at these Celebrations,” he explained. “Who are you?” Dean asked the boy. The boy seemed some what surprised by the question. “I’m Craze,” he said. “Odd name,” Dean commented. Craze laughed. “And what’s yours?” he asked. Before he thought better of it, the answer was out of his mouth. “I’m Dean.” Craze nodded. “That’s a decent name.” “What level are you from?” Dean asked. “Three.” “Have you had a chance to move up yet?” Dean asked him. Craze laughed out loud. “No, whoever runs this place doesn’t seem to like me very much. I’ve been here for almost a year now, but my name has never come up for a chance to move up. It would seem as if only the most popular get to move up.” He looked meaningfully at Dean.

Dean smiled. “Do you like it in this place?” Craze stared at Dean and then burst into wholehearted laughter. “Do I like being kept in captivity, forced to fight for my life nearly every single day while the rich and powerful place bets on whether I die or not? Do I like waking up fearing what the day has in store for me? I have to say no to that question Dean.” Dean looked down for a moment. “So if a revolutionary person came along who planned to escape, would you join arms with him?” Dean asked. Craze stared at Dean again and then smiled. “I’d do anything if it meant freedom from this insane prison, but I’d have ask this madman if he had any other help besides me.” Dean smiled. “I’m working on it, but in the meantime, I’m going to make sure you get moved up to level two with me,” he said. Craze laughed. “If you can do that, then I’ll join with you, no questions asked.” Dean laughed. “Then consider yourself joined. You’d better be able to fight though.” Craze smiled. “Just leave that part to me when it comes.” Dean nodded, satisfied with the answer. “So tell me,” he said. “What is a Celebration and what happens at one of them?”
“It’s basically the only time when the Upper Class People can have their way with any of the fighters from any of the levels. All they need to do is ask. However, when you are requested, you have to do whatever the person wants. Failure to do so usually results in severe punishment. Also there is a lot of vendors who come and sell things. Alcohol is one of the more popular items that they sell.” Dean took in this information. “So Ghost really is a…” “Whore, yes,” Craze said. “I’d have to say that she gets requested more than a lot of fighters from even level two and one.” Dean whistled. “There may be one other reason, but it may just as well be just a rumor.” “What’s the rumor?” Craze thought a bit before answering. “Well rumor has it that there’s a girl from level two who’s really close to Ghost, but that when a chance rolled around, it separated them from each other. Now these two were extremely close. To such extremes that when they are around each other, they synchronize to each other, making them talk the same, breathe the same, and do the same things together. These traits could make them a double value pair which of course would be in high demand.”
“Of course, this is all just a rumor,” Craze finished. Dean nodded again. “Tell me Craze, what is the outside? Have you ever been there?” Craze looked shocked by the question, but he answered it anyway. “Yes, I was born in Outside,” he said. “Is there a lot of people Outside?” Dean asked. Craze nodded. “Probably, but the Warden is doing his best to round them up and force them into the same conditions that me and you are in.” “How does the outside look?” Dean asked. “Ah,” Craze said. “It was beautiful. Trees as far as the eyes can see, a clear blue sky, and most importantly, there’s freedom in the Outside.” Just then a handler came into view. “It looks like our conversation is over,” Craze said, more to himself than to Dean. The handler walked up to Dean and began to pull his chain from the slot. “You’ve been requested,” he said. “That’s sort of obvious,” Dean said. The handler backhanded him violently. Dean fell over and it took all his self control not to lash out at the handler. “I didn’t ask you for a response.” He jerked Dean to his feet and led him away from the wall. “Remember what I’ve told you,” Dean called over his shoulder. He saw Craze nod as he disappeared from view.

As he was led through the grounds, Dean was shocked at what went on. Tents had been constructed all over the grounds and from most of them he could hear moans and sounds of drinking. People walked about outside the tents, flaunting their requested fighters to the other rich and greed people. He spotted a couple vendors flashing their merchandise at their customers right before they were turned down. Further observation was interrupted as the handler shoved him to his knees before one of the tents. “I’ve brought you your fighter Miss,” he said. “That’s good,” came a voice from inside the tent. “Show him the way in if you please.” The handler knelt beside Dean to take the chain off of him. He finished, but before he stood, he grabbed his collar and brought him close. “I hope you find a way to screw this up,” he breathed. “I’d enjoy torturing you thoroughly. It may teach you a lesson about being a smartass.” With that he stood up and kicked Dean through the opening of the tent. He sprawled out on his face and when he looked up, the sudden absence of light hindered his ability to see for a moment. “Well if it isn’t my handsome idiot,” a voice said.
Dean’s vision became clearer and he could make out the nurse from earlier. “You’re a rich person?” Dean asked. The woman laughed. “Yes I am,” she said. “I just like fixing up fighters, so I took a job in the arena.” Dean then noticed what she was wearing. She wore a red robe and as far as Dean could tell, nothing else. “Why did you request me?” Dean asked, hearing the moaning outside and fearing the answer. “Well I didn’t want anyone to ruin you,” she said, grabbing a hold of his collar and gently pulling him towards her. “We shouldn’t,” Dean said. “You’re a full grown woman and I’m…” “Old enough,” she answered. “Someone’s here,” Dean stalled. The nurse stopped and looked up. As if they’d heard, two girls walked into the tent and sat down on each side of the nurse. She released Dean’s shirt. “Wow,” she said, turning to the girl on the left, whom Dean had identified as Ghost. The nurse tilted Ghost’s head and kissed her on her lips softly.
The girl on the right of the nurse made a sound of delight just as Ghost did the same. Dean started. He watched as the nurse dropped her hand onto Ghost’s breast and squeezed. Ghost and the other girl moaned simultaneously. “So the rumors were true,” Dean thought to himself. The girl had long yellow hair which was brushed to cover her left eye. Her right eye was grey as far as Dean could tell in the dark. She wore a blue sleeveless shirt with a blue skirt and shoes. Just then the nurse released Ghost and looked over at the other girl. “Hey Star, why don’t you give our idiot a kiss?” Dean stiffened as Star scooted up to him and stared at him. It was one of the most incredible stares that he’d ever endured. He felt as if her eyes were digging into him, looking at his very being and try as he might, he couldn’t tear his eyes away from hers. “Oh,” Dean heard the nurse say. “I think our little idiot may have fallen in love.” Dean thought he saw a look of jealousy pass over Ghost’s face, but just as quickly as he’d seen it, it was gone. “Now watch us, as these two, who are closer than ever sisters, mimic each other perfectly. Dean saw Ghost reach and cup the nurse’s chin in her hand. Star reached forward and cupped Dean’s chin as well.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment