Status: Completed

Danger Days: The True Lives of Ritalin Diamond and the Fabulous Killjoys

Summertime

I woke up in Frank’s bed. The window was blowing and I could feel the heat of the desert come in through the open window. The skies were darkening and I got up to close it. I felt a dull pain in my shoulder and saw that it was bandaged up but it needed another dressing because it was now fully soaked with my blood. I headed to the bathroom to find a first aid kit when the door opened.

Frank came into his room and I stopped halfway in between him and the bathroom. He looked surprised to see me up and moving around and went to my side and gave me an awkward side hug on my good shoulder.

“Oh thank god you woke up Skye. We were all so nervous with all the blood you lost. Thank god you are alright,” Frank said. I could see his eyes water and I went to give him a kiss on his cheek.

“I’m alright short stuff. I do still feel a little sore but I think I need new bandages,” I said to him while lowering the collar of my shirt.

“I’ll go get Gerard to help you then,” Frank said over his shoulder as he was heading out.

I grabbed his arm and said, “No don’t. I can do it myself if I have to but no don’t bring him here.”

He searched my eyes for something I couldn’t tell. I guess he knew I’ll tell him eventually so he nodded and closed the door behind me. He led me to his bathroom and helped my with my shoulder.

At first it was kind of awkward. He had to take my shirt off and I was glad I had a bra on. I could see his face blush at the sight of my naked torso so I tried to get him to finish as quickly as possible.

I could see the stitches in my shoulder when the old bandages came off and it stung like hell being exposed to the outside world. I tried biting my lip when Frank put on some disinfectant but soon the pain was too much and I let out a yell. He stopped momentarily and offered my his knee for support. I could feel tears come out and soon the pain was over and I was all bandaged up.

I felt Frank’s hand wipe the tears from my face but he held his hand on my cheek for a second longer. He pulled my face towards him and I covered his hand with my own. We were centimeters from each other. I could see his beautiful brown eyes staring into my own with such love that I felt inclined to kiss him right then and there. As luck would have it, the door opened in his room right when we were about to touch our lips. All I could see was his fiery red hair and eyes to match as he made his way to us.

I silently thanked the heavens for me to at least have my shirt back on but I knew Gerard saw what Frank and I were about to do and I could feel the embarrassment, the shame, the frustration and the anger come from deep inside me and I was afraid it will overflow from my mouth and cause a scene here in Frank’s room.

“What the fuck are you doing to Skye, Frank? Get the fuck away from her!” Gerard yelled.

“Dude I was just changing her bandages,” Frank responded while pushing me behind him. I wasn’t going to stand back and have these two yell at each other so I grabbed Gerard and forced him to follow me outside. I shot Frank an embarrassed but thankful smile and walked while pulling Gerard with me.

We passed Mikey and Ray playing video games and I could see their concern in their eyes. I waved them off and finally came outside to the darkening skies overhead.

I let go of Gerard’s jacket and went to my pocket to light up a cigarette. I was going to be blunt about this and I needed something to clam my nerves.

“What the fuck were you doing with Frank, Skye?” Gerard asked.

I flicked the ashes off my cigarette and stared right into those amazing hazel eyes of his.

“Thanks for your concern Gerard. I’m fine by the way just so you know,” I responded back. I took another drag and could feel the heat of this weather radiate around me. The hot wind was blowing my violet hair all over the place

I saw Gerard’s eyes become softer and came to my side and wrapped me in a hug.

“I’m sorry. I was just so worried about you. I was afraid I’d lose you,” he said while kissing my cheeks and staring at the sun set behind the hills.

I flicked my cigarette on the ground and turned around to face Gerard once more.

“Why are you still working with Korse? I heard your conversation before I got shot. I can’t believe after all I’ve told you and all we have gone through that you would betray us and go back to the motherfucker!” I yelled at his face. I was so angry and frustrated. Here he was declaring his love for me and yet he was betraying me and his best friends and family all this time. I felt disgusted to be in his presence.

I didn’t want to feel his touch anymore and I was done looking at the bastard so I made my way to my room running with tears falling from my face. I heard Gerard yell my name and I saw Frank come out of his room and try to stop me. I dodged him and slammed the door of my room. I needed time to think and I needed to be left alone.

I heard Frank knock on my door and I turned my headphones up real loud to drown out the noise. I eventually fell asleep and had a dreamless nap.

I woke up hours later. The clock read 4 a.m. I slowly crawled out of my covers and opened the door. I saw that Frank fell asleep next to my door so I went back and got a blanket for him. I also stole a cigarette from his vest pocket since I finished my last one yesterday evening.

I went to the diner and got a can of beans and went outside and climbed my way to the top of the diner to see the sunset again. I ate my meal in silence and once again I lost track of time. I saw the sun with its red and yellow hues peak out from the hills. I felt a blanket cover my shoulders and Gerard came to sit next to me.

I tried my best to ignore him and keep burning through my cigarette but he started humming to some song.

“I need to tell you the truth Skye. Please just listen to me and try not to ask questions okay,” he said to me.

I hesitated but eventually I simply nodded my head and continue to look at the rising sun.

“I know you feel betrayed sugar but it isn’t like that at all. Yes I am working for Korse but it isn’t to further his corporate greed and take this society into hell. No, it’s to get closer to Korse and find a way to kill him and destroy his company. We haven’t had a chance to get anywhere near him until I was taken. I needed a new strategy to get him near us and luck was in our side when I was kidnapped. Yes they did inject me with drugs but Dr. D here found an antidote and is trying to get it to the rest of the world. But we need to stop BLI from distributing the harmful drugs to innocent people. So I’m working as a double agent. Everyone knows here and I didn’t want to tell you Skye because I know you would try to stop me from doing this. I could feel it. I’m really sorry love to do this to you but we are that much closer to ending this,” Gerard explained. “Don’t walk away. I’m terrified of what I’d be without you here. And if you stay I will lead away your mind. We’ll find our way in the dark and out of harm so you can run away with me anytime you want.”

I turned to look at him with astonishment. I found his eyes staring back at me with so much intensity and honesty. I knew he wasn’t lying to me.

“I love you Skye and would you do me the honor of being my girlfriend?”

I looked at him and kissed him. I felt him smiling through it. I broke the kiss momentarily and said yes. We stayed in each other’s arms for a few more minutes and then we headed downstairs for breakfast hand in hand.

We entered the dinner and I saw Frank in the corner of the room playing his guitar. I let go of Gerard’s hand and went to Frankie. I told him to follow me into my room and that I needed to talk to him.

We sat side by side on my bed and I started our conversation.

“Frank I love you but I don’t think I do the same way as you feel for me. If yesterday was any indication then I am sorry for leading you on. I never in my life mean to hurt you. You mean so much to me and I need you in my life,” I said to him.

“Kiss me Skye.”

“What??!! Are you crazy Frank?”

“Just kiss me. We can settle this once and for all with just one kiss. I promise not to ask you again if you don’t feel anything but we have to know,” he explained.

I nodded and so he took my face into hands and kissed me right then and there. I like the way his lips felt against mine but I knew I wasn’t truly in love with him. It wasn’t the same as with Gerard.

He broke the kiss and looked into my eyes.

“Anything Skye?”

“I’m sorry Frank. It’s not the same as with Gerard. You are an amazing kisser and I loved it but I’m not in love with you. I know this is breaking your heart but I need you to stick with me. I need you to be my rock and my best friend. We have both lost loved ones and I need you to still be in my life as friends, as best friends. I truly do care for you Frank,” I said to him with tears in my eyes.

“Ahh don’t cry, Diamond. Geez I screwed up didn’t I,” Frank said.

I turned to look at him and just laughed. I laughed at his sad face. I laughed at our awkwardness now and I laughed at the future we were going to have to deal with. Frank just stared at me and once I got over my craziness I went to give him a hug.

“Frank you know how amazing you are? I am so sorry I can’t love you romantically but I think you aren’t really in love with me either. Actually I know you don’t love me really. It was all in the heat of the moment,” I said to him.

Frank just stared at me in astonishment and went up and just tried to twirl me around the room though with my injured shoulder it was more than a little awkward.

“Skye you have a way with my feelings. Were you a psychologist in a previous life? Even though, boy, were you a great kisser, I just didn’t feel the same spark as I had with Jamia. I’m sorry I was confused and frustrated that we haven’t stopped BLI yet and I guess all that just turned into me being a jackass,” Frank said as he put me down.

“So best friends, Skye?” Frank asked with a smile on his face.

“Besties forever short stuff!” I exclaimed laughingly. We went for a hug and went out into the diner for some breakfast.

I saw Gerard in the kitchen and made a plan to go prank him with the help of Frank.

“Guess who Gerard,” I said to him while Frank came from behind him and covered Gerard's eyes with his hands and me by his side throwing my voice in.

“I have breakfast ready sugar,” Gerard said and went to give ‘me’ a kiss but ended up giving Frank a kiss on the cheek instead.

“What the fuck?? Frank??!!” Gerard exclaimed. I was in tears from the laughter and went to give Frank a high five for a prank well done. He was laughing hard too and soon drew the attention of Ray and Mikey into the kitchen.

“What’s with all the commotion?” Ray asked.

“I got a kiss from Gee! I knew he loved me” Frankie exclaimed while running away from Gerard.

“I’m gonna fucking get you Frank,” Gerard shouted while chasing Frank.

“Well I knew it! You couldn’t deny the chemistry those two had,” Mikey said teasingly. Gerard turned around and glared at Mikey. He yelped and hid behind me. I was just laughing the entire time and Ray just had a huge grin on his face.

I saw Gerard come and try to get Mikey but I pulled him into a deep kiss before he could inflict any harm to his younger brother.

“I thought it was kind of hot,” I whispered to Gee. He turned crimson red and I let a giggle slip out.

“I’m kidding Gee. I want you all to myself now. I don’t share,” I said winking at him. He smirked and pulled me in for another kiss.

“Get a room you too. I’m trying to get some breakfast before I puke,” Mikey said teasingly at us.

Gerard just stuck out his middle finger and smiled while still kissing me.

Mikey just sighed and smiled down at the home cooked meal.

“Come on. Let’s eat sugar,” Gerard said while piling up my plate high with pancakes. We all sat down and talked of random things all day and it felt like a family again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the long wait. I took two finals today and one more on Thursday but I wanted to get this out. I want to say thanks to my readers again. I cannot say thank you enough. All of you are amazing!!!!!!

Thanks individually to

Save Your Sanity (you are the best and we shall have lots of fun at the concert!)
KimmaLoveLaugh (we'll save some Frankie loving for our co-write ;))
FreakingPyromaniac (haha go finish the story lovely ^_^)
coolchessplayer (I love Frank and all but Gerard is good person deep down inside, I promise!!)

And so keep on commenting and subscribing. I love hearing what you guys are thinking about this story and meeting all you beautiful people too. xD So farewell for now my fellow killjoys. Only 11 more days until I can see our leaders live in their natural habitat! ^_^

The real Ritalin Diamond signing off. Love you all!!