Status: Completed

Danger Days: The True Lives of Ritalin Diamond and the Fabulous Killjoys

The Edge of Glory

Ritalin’s POV

Today was the day we would finally end this. I had trouble sleeping at all that night. I kept having reoccurring nightmares. They have been getting more intense with each passing day and last night’s was the worst yet. It ended with Gerard being captured and shot by Korse the same way Keelan had been.

I woke up with tears running down my face and my heart mourning for the loss of Gerard. I was ready to end this but something in my mind still was cautious and may explain the nightmare I had. I stood up from my bed and headed to the bathroom.

I saw myself in the mirror and I was a mess. I stepped into the shower and washed away any remnants of last night. I wasn’t going to make one measly nightmare distract me from the day ahead. Sure I had my doubts but those weren’t going to detract me from giving my all to stop BLI.

I pulled out my outfit of a long sleeved shirt, black skinny jeans, combat boots and an army vest stitched with my name on the back and Gerard’s insignia on the back. I pulled out my gun holster and was having difficulty putting it around my waist when, all of a sudden, I felt hands grab my waist and help me buckle it up.

“Just like old times, sugar,” Gerard smirked at me as I turned around put my arms around his neck. He leaned down and kissed me. I smiled into the kiss and felt the happiest I could possibly be.

“I love you so much, Gerard,” I sighed as we rested our foreheads together.

“I love you too, Skye and I will always forever,” he said and pulled apart from me as he reached into his back pocket and lowered himself down to one knee.

“Will you, Skye Emile Roberts, do me the honor of becoming my wife?” he asked. I wasn’t expecting this at all. I couldn’t contain myself and went to hug the life out of him.

“Yes, yes, yes, a million times yes, Gerard Arthur Way,” I smiled through my tears of happiness. I grabbed his face and we kissed through my tears and we both smiled into each other as he put the ring on my left hand. We both looked at each other and I pulled him up and kissed him with all my love.

We pushed ourselves onto the bed and laid there, in each other arms. I snuggled close to Gerard and smelled his scent. I started playing with his hair and he leaned down and kissed my head.

“Thank you for making me the happiest man in the world. I started to think this world was getting too ugly but you brought life, you brought in my light and you are beautiful to me,” he said as he kissed me one final time before leaving for Show Pony’s.

We left hand in hand to the dining room upstairs. When we reached it, I found everyone there with smiles on their faces.

“So what did she say?” asked Missile to us. We looked at each other and I showed her my engagement ring. A round of cheering and applause broke through the house. Missile Kid came running at me and started gushing about how beautiful the ring was and how she was going to plan the best wedding ever as the maid of honor, of course.

“Haha oh Missile you’ll make a lovely maid of honor,” I said as she beamed and gave me a final hug.

“Welcome to the Way family then sister-in-law,” Mikey said as he came to give me a hug. I smiled at him and Frank came up to me.

“Well it seems you’ve tied the knot with Gee. I’m really happy for you Skye,” Frank said. “I wish you and Gee the best of luck and please, try to get him to shower more. He stinks!”

I laughed and hugged my best friend in the world.

“Thanks Frankie. It really means a lot to me. And speak for yourself stinky,” I said to him. He smirked and went to go congratulate Gerard. I went to the kitchen and grabbed a cup of coffee. I returned to the living room and saw how happy Gerard was surrounded by everyone he loved. He looked up at me and gave me a smile that lit up my heart and sent butterflies in my stomach. I drank from my cup and heard someone by my side.

“He looks really happy, Skye. You make him really happy,” Ray said as he looked at Gerard as well.

“Congrats to the two of you but is it really the time to plan for the future. We might not know what happens tonight,” he continued.

“I had a nightmare, Ray that Gee was gonna get killed at tonight’s raid. I woke up crying but I knew this wasn’t going to stop me from trying my best tonight and you should stop doubting what the future holds. Remember the future is bulletproof, the aftermath is secondary and we, killjoys, have to make some fucking noise!” I said to him.

“You sure are so much like Gee and you’re right Skye. I can’t have my doubts cloud our mission tonight. We can definitely end this tonight,” Ray said. I nodded and saw Gerard get everyone’s attention.

“Thanks you guys for everything but tonight is the night. I want us all to focus on the task at hand. You all know the plan. Let’s bring BLI and fucking Korse down and killjoys make some fucking noise!” Gerard said as he pulled his mask over his face. I heard Ray chuckle next to me. I made my way over and stood face to face with Party Poison.

“Let’s make some fucking noise together, angel,” I whispered as I kissed his lips.

He grabbed my hand and we both headed to the Trans-Am along with Kobra Kid and Delirium Dano. As we sped down Route Guano, we could hear Dr. Death Defying’s transmission.

“Listen up children, this one’s for all you crash queens and motorbabies. We are taking down BLI tonight! So it’s time to hit the red line and up thrust the volume up there, keep your boots tight, keep your gun close and die with your mask on if you got to. Remember, even if you’re ghosted, you may be gone. But out here in the desert, your shadow lives one without you. The future is bulletproof! The aftermath is secondary! It’s time to do it now and do it loud! Killjoys make some noise!”

I pulled down my mask and I could see Kobra and Delirium pull down theirs. I looked over at Party Poison. He had such determination on his face. We are ending this tonight. I gave his hand a squeeze and looked ahead and knew I was ready for this final firefight.

We arrived at Show Pony’s minutes later to find Missile Kid and Dr. D. already there. Show Pony was out back setting up the detonators as our distraction for BL/ind. Kobra Kid volunteered to go help him out and left.

More killjoys started to come and we all positioned ourselves above the rafters, behind stacks of boxes and anywhere else we could ebe hidden from Korse and his Dracs.

Fun Ghoul and Hot Chimp radioed in their progress. They were waiting until Korse and his army of Dracs left their headquarters and came to the warehouse before they started their plan. Jet Star and Missile Kid were on their way so Party Poison gave the heads up to start the explosives and he took my hand as we crouched behind the bar.

I could feel the shocks of the explosions and squeezed Poison’s hand as he held me tighter. We then heard the announcement system over Battery City announce the evacuation of its citizens to the outskirts of the city and into Zone 1.

We could hear the screeching of the tires from the BLI vans right outside the warehouse. The whooshing noise of the doors and then light from the explosions came crashing in the dark warehouse.

I felt Party leave my hand and stood up from his position and head out to the light.

“Hello there Gerard, what’s the situation at hand?” I heard Korse ask Party.

“Well Korse it’s time you be brought down from the pedestal of yours and leave the citizens of California alone. Let them live their lives without the help of your drugs, without the covering of their true emotions. It’s time for you to stop destroying this beautiful world.”

And with that Party took the first shot at Korse and grazed his shoulder. He howled in pain and soon everyone was brought into the fight.

I stood up from behind the bar and started firing my gun at any Dracs I saw. I could see Party and Korse going at it in hand to hand combat. I felt a hand grab my shoulder and turn to see Fun Ghoul smile at me.

“Just like old time, eh Ritalin,” he said smirking at me.

“Let’s do this, munchkin!” I laughed at him.

“Hey that’s my line!!” Fun Ghoul responded as I ran to go help out Kobra Kid. I managed to ghost three Dracs that were ganging up on Kobra.

“Thanks Ritalin,” Kobra gasped as he was winded from the blow a Drac gave him earlier.

“No problem, now go catch your breath and let’s help your brother kick some Scarecrow ass,” I said as he nodded and smiled at me through his helmet.

I made my way around the warehouse and surveyed the damage. Many dracs were on the ground and I could hear shouts and gunfire outside. I couldn’t see party inside anymore so I made my way outside and saw him still locked in a fight with Korse but I could his head of security make her way to Party and try to ambush him.

I ran to him and fired my gun aiming at her shoulder and legs simultaneously. I managed to stop her from hitting Gerard but she still put up a fight.

She managed to use her good leg and kick the air out of my stomach. I went down gasping for air as she once again kicked me and this time colliding with the side of my head. I couldn't stand up and I felt searing pain on the left side from the laser she fired at me. It took everything I could muster to grab my gun and stand up. I was gasping for breath but I fired at her and this time I aimed at her heart. I heard her trying to breath but blood came spewing out of her mouth and seeping from her chest. I walked over and fired one last laser beam through her head.

I looked up at the methane-filled sky and dropped to my knee as fatigue to over and I couldn't keep myself from standing. I tried to find some strength to stand and help my killjoys out but I could hear footsteps coming closer to me.

I turned my head around and saw Korse with Party Poison in tow being restrained by a Scarecrow.

I pulled my gun out and tried to fire but he kicked it from my hand and then kicked my left side. I screamed in pain as more blood started gushing out.

I could hear Party Poison yelling but my hearing was going in and out. I felt my mind drowning in darkness but I needed to fight back. I crawled to where my gun was lying but Korse stepped on my hand and lowered himself down to my level.

I felt his cold ray gun on the side of my head and as I was preparing for the worst, I heard the grunting of Korse being held down by Poison.

I was gasping for air but I heard the final shot ring in my ears as Poison killed the man that brought misery and pain for all of us.

Poison came running back to me and held my side, trying to contain the blood from escaping. I could tell it was too late for me.

I looked in his hazel eyes and tried talking but blood came spewing out from my coughs.

"Shhh don't say anything. I'm here, baby. I won't let you go," he said to me but I could see it in his eyes the anguish of me being close to death.

"I love you, Gerard with all my heart and my soul. I wanted to have a family with you. I wanted to have a house and kids someday," I whispered through my gasps.

"And we will love, we will," he responded.

"No Gerard. I can feel the darkness overcome me. I want you to keep running. Never give up. I want you to keep rocking out even for the dead. You'll carry on for me. There's still so much you and the guys have to accomplish. I want you to carry on with my memory, sugar. I'm on the edge of glory, baby and I'm hanging on a moment with you. I'm on the edge with you," I whispered as my final breath came and felt the final beat of my heart.
♠ ♠ ♠
The end has come and yes I did intend it to end it this way. I truly wanted a happy ending but I stuck to my original plan.

I am truly appreciative of all who read, subscribed and commented on this. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. :')

I wish to thank all my commenters: alyssaaaxo5, VivaLaGloria!, coolchessplayer, Bubbleloveworld, MCRchic03, starry nights, Aimbo, Horror Pop, KimmaLoveLaugh, Sally Skellington, FreakingPyromaniac, Madame Monstre, and xXmissXvanityXx for all the comment love you guys have given me!

One final thank you to all of you and keep making some fucking noise my fellow killjoys!

,