Status: Active! Comment & Subscribe! : )

Out of Grasp

IX

The bar was completely packed full of people by the time we arrived. The lights were dim and it was nearly impossible to see. My nose filled up with the various smells of vodka and must that filled the small, sweaty bar. Loud radio music blared from the speakers next to the DJ booth and the dance floor was filled with people who were grinding into one another. I stood up as high as I could on my tiptoes as I slowly followed behind Justin, trying to find a face I recognized.

I was pushed back and into Nick as a brown haired, bleary eyed kid fell onto me, his drink sloshing and droplets falling onto my skin. Nick pushed the guy back with an eye roll and grabbed my hand, pulling me through the thick crowd. My eyes scanned the various faces surrounding me and finally settled on Melanie who had already spotted me and was waving her arms around. Eric must have seen her too because he began leading our group to their table, where all the boys of The Maine sat drinking and laughing.

Nick dropped my hand and I walked towards Melanie, who quickly embraced me and then Tori who stepped up behind me. The three of us slide into the booth Melanie had just been seated at. Tori and Melanie instantly jumped into a conversation and I did my best to pay attention but I was too busy trying to keep myself from looking around the room for one particular boy who I had yet to see.

"Where did those Rocket boys go? None of them even said hi to me," Melanie said, looking around the booth we were seated at.

"Probably making their way around this place trying to find girls to hook up with," I shrugged casually.

"Those poor girls. They won't know what hit them," Tori said, taking a sip of her Corona.

"Excuse me, but I'd like to remind you that you are dating one of those boys," Mel said, giving Tori a pointed look.

"You're dating one of their friends!"

"....touche." Melanie and Tori clinked bottles before each taking a drink.

I looked around the packed bar for John, though I tried doing it discreetly. Clearly, I failed because Melanie instantly called me out on it.

"I have no idea what you're talking about. I'm just sitting here all chill, people observing," I defended myself, gesturing around at everyone.

"You're ridiculous," she laughed. "Just admit you looooove him."

I rolled my eyes with a grin, pushing her face away from mine as she leaned in, puckering her lips and making kissing noises.

"I'm going to get a drink." I slid out of the booth and squeezed through the small group of people that had formed around our table, heading towards the bar.

I weaved around people, ignoring all the protests I got as I shoved past shoulders and drunken bodies. A hand slipped into mine, pulling be back and making me trip over my own feet. I opened my mouth, ready to lash out at the person who grabbed me but stopped upon seeing John's smiling face standing there.

"Hey there," he said, stepping closer to me so no one would step between us.

"I was wondering where you were."

"Can't get enough of me can you?" He smirked. I rolled my eyes, dropping his hand and began walking towards the bar again. "Hey! Where are you going?" I could feel his hand on my back trying to keep up with me as I quickly maneuvered through people.

"Narnia!" I called back. I stepped up to the bar and the waved the bartender down.

"What can I get you?" he asked, wiping down the counter in front of me with a white rag.

"Captain and coke."

"Coming right up."

"Captain and coke? Are you looking to be taken advantage of?" I looked over at John who had joined me, his back against the counter and his face looking over all the people.

"If the guys right."He chuckled, shaking his head and taking a gulp of his beer. I reached into my pocket and pulled out money for my drink as it was placed in front of me. I handed the bartender the money and picked up my drink, taking a sip and turning to John. He was staring straight ahead, a light smile on his lips. His jaw flexed every time he lifted his drink to his lips and I found it hard to look away.

"It's not polite to stare," he said, turning to him with his famous smirk. I didn't both replying, but rather shook my head with a smile, taking a large sip of my drink.

"Have either of you seen Pat?"

Jared and Kennedy stood in front of John and I, each holding a beer, and each wearing matching smiles.

"Last I saw him, he was with Garrett at the table," John said.

"Well, I suggest you help us find him. He's drunk and Rat Boy has come out to play."

"Rat Boy? What's a Rat Boy?"

John laughed as Jared and Kennedy turned around, heading back to where they came from. I watched as John quickly downed the rest of his drink and then placed the empty glass on the counter behind him, grabbing my hand and pulling me with him in the direction Jared and Ken had just gone.

"Rat Boy is Pat's alter-ego."

"Why do you sound so excited?"

"You're about to get quite the show."

Just as he finished off his sentence, I heard a loud scream, followed by a rambling of incoherent words. And there, standing on the table I had just been sitting at with Tori and Nicky was Pat, his hair messily tucked behind his ears and his arms flailing all around.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is short but I just wanted to get something posted. More to come soon!
R.I.P. Rat Boy

Thanks for the comments:
Caleb Turman
Katepants71
liar's lane
Epicerinn

Comment & Subscribe