Status: Hiatus ):

Passenger Seat

Strangers.

Much preparation had been done to make my sisters engagement party perfect. It was the night of the big cocktail event, and I had just left the salon after getting my hair and nails done, and was going to pick up my dress from the shop I had bought it from. I let out a soft yawn, and made my way to my car when I saw a man leaning against it.

“Get off my car,” I was ready to spit out an insult when I noticed who it was. I grew wide eyed, and dropped the bag that was in my hand.

“Surprised to see me Autumn?” I smiled, and ran to him and wrapped my arms around him tightly.

“Johnathan! I can't believe you're here!” We kissed, and smiled at each other for a moment. I released him, and he picked up my bags.

“Your lovely sister told me you would be here, I thought I would come and surprise you. I also heard you needed a date for tonight's events,” I grew wide eyed, breaking of my initial shock that my on again off again boyfriend and realized I already had a date, that being Brian Dales.

“Uhm, about that.” I bit my lip, and he cocked an eyebrow.

“What?” I looked around nervously, and he grabbed my wrist tightly, and I yelped at the sudden pain.

“Nothing, I just didn't think we were together again,” He slowly released his grip on my wrist, and smiled.

“Of course we are together, who said we ever broke up?” I laughed nervously, and nodded.

“Yeah, right.” We got in my car and I drove to the mall, and told him I would be quick. Once I was inside I saw Brian in the store, getting fitted for a tux.

“Brian, I didn't know you got your tux here.” He smiled at me, and nodded, then stepped off the pedestal when the tailor as finished.

“Of course, I wanted us to match.” I bit my lip, and looked down, feeling ashamed.

“What's wrong Autumn?”

“Uhm, about tonight. I can't be your date anymore.” He looked at me, hurt all over his face

“May I ask why?” I sighed, and looked up at him.

“My ex is in town, we got back together. He's my date for tonight.” He frowned, but nodded.

“I understand, I hope you have fun tonight. I guess I'll see you?” I nodded, and sighed again as he went back into the dressing rooms to change into his regular clothes. I went to the front desk and asked for my dress, and quickly paid and took the dress before fleeing the store. I went back to my car and sat at the wheel and forced back the tears that were threatening to fall.

“What's wrong love?” He asked, rubbing his hand up my thigh, the feeling made me feel sick to my stomach.
“Nothing, just saw an old friend.” He nodded and rested his hand on my thigh as I drove to the mansion. Once we got back I told him I would be in my room getting ready, and he could get ready in the guest room.

I started on my make up, using golden and brown tones for a smokey eye look, and used a blood red lipgloss to contrast. I put on my Tiffany and Cos. Bow diamond earrings, then my peace sign ring from the same brand. I skillfully fastened my heart bracelet around my wrist and looked in the mirror, staring at my reflection.

I looked amazing so far, but I felt so empty now that Jonathan was back. I often felt that way around him, he stole my soul and heart, calling it his and leaving me lifeless. I looked down and sighed, then went to check the time. I had to hurry, people would be arriving soon. I slipped into my dress, it was a white ruched dress with one shoulder, that was covered in black satin roses that fit perfectly with the dress code. Black and White. My nails were also black, and the heels that I had picked out were covered in black lace.

I adjusted my hair, that was loosely curled and pinned up. I sprayed some perfume on my neck and wrists, then looked at myself in the mirror once again, wondering when the person looking back at me would be the person I once was. I looked nothing like myself, and I felt that I would never be the person I was once before ever again.

I grabbed my black leather clutch, that had big black studs going across the front and filled it with my cellphone, back up make up, and my keys. I heard the doorbell ringing, and voices filling the downstairs area. Music began playing and I was beginning to dread everything.

I heard a knock on the door, and looked over only to see Tallulah, wearing her beautiful black one shoulder dress, her hair in a similar updo as mine and a darker smokey eye make up, and red lipstick.

“Hey girl,” She told me, tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear. I smiled, and stood up.

“Hey.” I looked at her, and noticed her diamond dangly earrings, and a matching diamond bracelet.

“I heard the boyfriend is back in town,” I frowned, and nodded.

“Why are you frowning about it?” I shrugged.

“It's complicated.” I walked up to her and we hugged, then she smiled.

“Well cheer up, you can finally show him off to all your family and friends.” I rolled my eyes.

“Yeah, totally.” She laughed and told me she would meet me downstairs, then left. I leaned against the doorway, then waved at the boys from The Summer Set, including Jess as they walked past. But when Brian walked past, I froze.

“Hey, I'm sorry I couldn't take you as my date.” He shook his head.

“No, I understand. Jess said she would take me instead,” I nodded, and waved him goodbye as well right as Jonathan came in.

“Ready to go, love?” He asked. I sighed and nodded, and he snaked his arm around my waist and led me down the stairs, and of course there were a bunch of cameras around flashing pictures and recording the party. My sister was a fame seeking whore. Her fiance was the singer from Every Avenue, so of course the rest of his band was there as well.

We walked around, talked to random people and drank expensive bubbly champagne. I excused myself from my date, who was talking animatedly to a music producer from some record label, and went out onto the back patio, where there was a bunch of string lights strung around the trees and walls. I took another sip of my champagne when I heard someone clear their throat. I turned and saw Brian, also seeking a form of escape from the chaos inside.

“Need a break too?” He asked, and I nodded, taking a seat in one of the chairs.

“Yeah, I always need a break around here.” I sighed, and he sat next to me.

“Is it really that bad here?” He asked, setting his glass on the table.

“More than you will ever know.”

“Then why don't you try and break it down for me?” He placed his hand comfortingly over mine, causing me to smile.

“Well,” I was rudely interrupted by yelling, causing me to look up.

“Autumn! What the hell are you doing?” Jonathan asked, noticing the intimate touch I was sharing with Brian. I jerked my hand away from Brian's, and looked down.

“It's nothing Jonathan, I swear.” He grabbed my arm and pulled me up, pulling me close to him and he snarled in my face.

“Are you sleeping with him?” I grew wide eyed.

“No! Of course not!”

“Liar!” He screamed, pushing me back, causing me to fall into the chair and fall back.

“Hey, there's no need to be pushing her around man,” Brian stood up, and was trying to lighten the situation, but before I knew it things got out of hand. Tallulah rushed out along with everyone else, but only Tallulah and Jess rushed to my rescue. Brian and some other guys were trying to keep Jonathan from hurting me or anyone else, and eventually security was called in to separate the two.

“Are you okay?” Tallulah asked worriedly, and I nodded.

“Yeah, I'll be fine.” She helped me up, and I watched with weary eyes as another fight broke out.

I began pulling at my hair, wishing it would all end.

“Jonathan! Stop it!” I yelled, walking towards him, tugging at his arm so he would stop. Instead of stopping, he swung at me and bashed in my face, causing me to stumble and nearly fall again. Brain quickly caught me, and security pulled Jonathan away from the scene.

“What are you doing Autumn! You're ruining everything!” My sister yelled in a whiny high pitched tone.

“Oh yeah, me getting beat up by my date is definitely ruining everything. Thanks sis.” Brian asked if I was okay, I simply shrugged him off and rushed inside, ignoring all the people and all the cameras and went to my room, slamming the door shut and locking it behind me.

I sat down at my vanity, and looked in the mirror, tears streaming down my face. I definitely didn't recognize the person staring back at me. But one thing was for sure, I was going to have a big ass bruise on my face for a few days.
♠ ♠ ♠
I like this alot (: Comments?!

Autumn
Tallulah