James's Star

James's Star

Starlet's POV
Boom! The thunder cracked as the rain poured hard against the window. The flash of light sore across the sky with a fast bolt. I placed my hand gently on the glass, as if I could reach out and touch the lighting. I moved my legs to semi-curl into my chest as I sat on the small window seat. I let my other hand rest on my knee lightly as I stared out the window. I could see my reflection in the glass. My blonde hair curled at the ends framing my pale face, making me look like one of those old black and white movie stars. My face was plain but my eyes were filled with sorrow. I miss them so much. I can remember it in perfect detail. They ripped the door open, the hinges flying off. They swarmed into the living room, taking them kicking and screaming. The neighbor called child protective services on my parents. They took them away because they were both male. They were my only loving family that I had. I’ve been in this personal prison for 2 months and it's already a living hell. I've gotten to know my two roommates pretty well. I turned my head to look over to them.
One was Hayden. Hayden was a pretty blonde with curly hair and tan skin. Not tan enough to look orange but tan enough to look beautiful. Hayden loves to cheer. It’s her passion she is very competitive she is outgoing, nice and smart. She is the most cheerful girl in the orphanage she loves to bring smiles on people’s faces. She doesn't know why no one is adopting her. She wishes she can be more like the other teens.
Then the other one is Riley. Riley is a brown haired girl that had very plain yet amazingly beautiful facial features at the sametime.Riley is sweet and caring. She loves helping people. She has a great sense of humor and loves to hang out with her friends. She can get really mad sometimes. If she does get mad, stay away from her, unless you really care. She has been known to explode, if she's really mad. But otherwise she sooooo sweet. She can be mostly found in the trees, reading or in a music store looking at the guitars. She knows how to play on her mother’s guitar but she wants her own. She only talks to Hayden, James and I.
Then there was James.......... the boy next door. I mean that litterally, his room is right next door. He has the most memorizing hazel colored eyes, naturally tan skin, a smile that shines with warmth, and his hair was a sandy brown. He is very sweet and kind. He’s just... wonderful.Theres no other way to explain it. But he already has a girlfriend. I ran into her the first day I was here. I only have one word to describe her and it fits perfectly. B*tch. Enough said.
I looked towards my empty bunk, still made up with covers and an itchy blanket from this morning. I walked over to the bunk and sat down on the edge of the bed up by my pillow and looked at my phone, covering the top half with my hand so the light doesn’t get in one of my roommates eyes. I looked at the time and it was already 2:00 in the morning. I took off the white, itchy throw blanket and tossed it onto the cold floor under my bunk. I got under the remaining covers and lay down. I closed my eyes but the images flew back into my brain. In perfect detail I saw all the possible ways to see it. The horrified expressions of my parents, the strict and angry expressions on the officers faces, and the plastered look of pure fear of my eyes and confusion of my face. I opened my eyes to see the ceiling above my bunk. The plain white bumpy unfamiliar ceiling, that just doesn’t feel like home. I squeezed my eyes tight and woke up the next day to something braking.
“How dare you?!” screamed an angry male voice coming from one of the rooms over. I sat up from my bed and tossed the covers off me. I was the only one in the room, Haden and Riley had already left. I stood up and put on my moccasins listening to the fight next door.
“You were getting boring, James! You’re so naïve, how could not know I only wanted you for the s.ex?!” screamed an angry female voice that didn’t sound nearly as angry as the male voice.
“I trusted you, Jena!” screamed the angry male voice. I heard the same female laugh.
“Well you shouldn’t’ have!” I heard footsteps and a door slam. I walked into the hallway and gently knocked on the door of the next room over, it was James’s room.

James’s POV
I smirked to myself as Jena slammed the door and left. I was finally rid of her. Ever since Starlet moved in two months ago I couldn’t get her out of my mind. I liked her and felt a special connection whenever we talked. When I see her smile or laugh my heart beats just a little faster. I didn’t know how to break it to Jena and I didn’t want to hurt her. Turns out she doesn’t care. Now I can date Starlet. That is, if she likes me. If! Ha! Even if on some chance she doesn’t like me, I will figure out a way to win her over! Just then there was a soft knock on my door. I looked over and saw Starlet as if on cue. Her pajamas clung to her body as if she just put them on. Her hair was perfectly straight with a kind of half curl on the very end, even after she just rolled out of bed she is still the most beautiful girl I’ve ever laid eyes on.
“Can I come in?” asked Starlet in the soft, sweet, angelic voice of hers. I nodded pretending to be upset. She was just next door so she must have heard the fight. She walked in the room and closed the door softly behind her. She walked over to me and took a seat next to me on the bed. “Are you okay?” she asked concerned. I nodded with a fake sigh that I made seem real.
“I think I’ll make it” I say and give her a small smile. The corner of her lips turned up into an almost smile. She placed her hand on my back and rubbed it comfortingly. That’s when I noticed her skin was paler than the moon; she almost looked like a porcelain doll with pale soft skin. Her blonde hair contrasted well with her facial features, especially her cheek bones. Her eyes shined like well…………………stars. Guess that’s why she’s named Starlet. She smiled to me and took her hand off my hand. She got off the bed.
“You want me to bring up your breakfast?” she asked me. I nodded wanting another excuse for her to come back up here.
“Could you come eat with me too?” I asked her trying to sound pathetic but failing. She nodded and smiled.
“Sure, James” and with that, she opened the door, closed it behind her and went downstairs to get our breakfast. I grinned as wide as I possibly could and pumped my fist in the air successfully. She came back a few minutes later with two blue trays with our breakfast’s on them. We sat on my bed, talked and played 20 questions.
During breakfast, she didn’t even bring up the break up or anything like that! She was respectful and…understanding. She was beautiful, sweet, nice, respectful, and when she smiles my whole world lights up. You could say I’m falling for her………….and you would be right. She was perfect in every single way. I don’t know why she was here or why /anybody/ would want to give her up! All I knew was she had to be mine, and I had to make a move………………..fast.

********************
Third Person’s POV
Later on in the day James took Star to the beach. He had prepared exactly how to tell her how he felt and the exact moment he was going to do it. James looked over and smiled as they locked eyes. Star was beyond happy when James gently took her hand in his and James tried not to grin like an idiot while she laid her head on his shoulder. They walked along the sand letting the waves crash over their feet the comfortable silence consumed them and enjoyed the view of the water. ‘God, I can’t believe I am going to tell her, I am pretty sure, actually I have no idea if she feels the same way, I guess that’s why this makes this so hard, when she put her hand in mine and her head on my shoulder it was the worlds and puzzle and it just clicked. I knew I could tell her……….God, I loved her, she was my little star, bright enough to erase any dark that was in my mind’ James thought to himself. Star didn’t dare disturb the peace between them either in case she was going to say something stupid and ruin the moment. The sun was setting in the horizon and she had never seen anything more romantic. She truly cared for him deeply but she wondered if he felt the same. He was her big teddy bear, cuddly, soft and keeps the bad thoughts away. It was like they were in their own little world when we were together, like nothing could hurt them. James looked down at Star and looked her over. He loved the look of the sun glowing off the water, it was beautiful and the look on her face had him decided, she looked as though she was completely at peace with him, not a worry in the world, just like he felt, he knew that telling her how he felt wouldn’t change that. So decideding that He stroked his hand down the hair that had fallen across her face as we walked and pushed it behind her ear. He pulled her gently to a stop and brung her into his arms where she belonged. Star was happy there and didn’t complain, not that there was anything to complain about.
“Star, Do you know how much you mean to me?” James asked his lips to her forehead and he murmured against her hair. Star smiled bigger as she was in his arms. She heard him mumbled something asking about how much she meant to him. Afraid she would say something stupid she just shook her head wrapping her arms around his waist bringing her closer to him. How could she mean anything to him? He was so kind, he was so comforting, he was so gentle, and he was so ………….perfect. She cared deeply about him and felt safe around him. She belonged to him and he belonged to her. They were in each other’s arms where they belonged. James chuckled, she was so stubborn. He put his cheek on top of her head.
“I have no idea how you feel about me, all I know is that to me you are bore than just the world, Star, you are the universe, most of you is undiscovered, you’re a mystery, but you are too beautiful it hurts sometimes. Star, I would be lost without you, the world may see it as a lacking one star among thousands, bit I see it as losing all of the stars, the sun, everything that counts……………that is how much you mean to me!” said James finally able to let it out. For the first few seconds of Star not reacting, it was a living hell and it felt like an eternity. She moved her head so he’s wasn’t on top of hers but she didn’t move her arms. His words made happy tears come to her eyes. She had never thought happy tears existed until now. “You’re crying, you were so not supposed to cry” he said but he couldn’t say anything else because she kissed his lips, and he was glad she did. He lifted her off the ground and spun her in a circle like one of those cheesy romantic movies, but now he got why they did that, he was over the moon, and with the Stars. After a while he set her down and Star buried her head in his chest kidding her sweet smile that spread across her pale pink lips. He smiled and kissed her forehead. She looked up to him gently biting her bottom lip. “Stop biting your lip that is for me to do” said James leaning down and kissing her again, nibbling on her bottom lip. As he drew away he was sure the boats miles off shore could have seen his grin. She stroked his cheek gently with the back of her hand holding back a giggle. She slapped him playfully as she looked to her hand.
“You happy? You ruined my make up!” she said with a kidding smile. “You know, I only wear makeup for you, I need to do everything and be everything I can for you, you are my everything and we were meant to be” she said truthfully giving him a warm smiled the entire time starring into his eyes, never looking away.
He shook his head and replied "you never needed to wear makeup or be anything different, for me or for anyone, i fell in love with you, not the makeup or the cloths you wear, yet I must admit i love the dress you are wearing." He laughed then continued, “I have your heart, it is in the place where mine use to be, in return for something so precious, I want to give you mine. Though it has always been yours” he said as he pulled out a box out of his pocket and handed it to her. She took the box with a warm smile the happy tears threatening to come back. Her jaw fell to the floor as she opened it slowly. She placed her hand over her mouth to hide the shock. Inside the black velvet box was a locket, inside a photo of the both of them and on the other side was an engraving in a pretty script that said ‘For my Star that outshines them all’.
“It’s beautiful” she whispered as she took it out of the box and handed it to him “Put it on me” she said moving all her hair to the left side of her shoulder with a look of pure joy plastered on her face. He put it on her brushing her neck in the process, secretly reeling me with happiness that the evening had gone so well and it was just the beginning. He spun her around and pulled her into a warm hug. She hugged back wrapping her arms around his waist.
She murmured into his chest “Don’t ever let go”
He shook his head smiling and kissed her forehead gently “I wouldn’t dream of it”
♠ ♠ ♠
You like it?