Beginnings Aren't So Simple

The Summer from Hell

Roxi Madison climbed up the three steps to her house after a long day of shopping for clothes in an outlet a few minutes away from the Las Vegas Strip. The air condition wooshed through her blond hair as she came in and closed the door.

"Mom? Dad? I'm home!" she announced, slipping her All Star Converses by the door then walked over to the kitchen where she found her parents sitting at the table.

"Hi, honey!" her mom smiled at her, "How was shopping with Alexa?"

"It was great! I got the new Breaking Benjamin record at FYE. It's amazing. I'm going to head upstairs and play it." she said then turned around.

"Honey, we have to talk to you." Mr. Madison said suddenly. Roxi turned around and raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah?"

"Your mother and I are going to Europe for our second honey moon," her mom said. "And, well..."

"This is going to take up the whole summer, Rox." her dad said.

"So? I'll stay with Alexa's family...or maybe grandma," Roxi said, shrugging off the situation.

"No, Alexa and her family are going to North Carolina to visit some relatives, and Grandma Cindy cannot handle your loud, obnoxious music," her dad said sternly.

Roxi rolled her eyes at her father's words, "Well, where am I suppose to stay?"

"You're going to stay with your Aunt Caroline." he replied.

"Wait, you mean the aunt who's a tour manager and stuff?" she asked.

Her mom nodded, "Yes. She''s the only relative available, and plus, it'll be really fun touring with a pop sensation!"

Roxi nearly gagged at her mom's words. Pop sensation? Are you kidding me?!

"W-What?" she said softly, "I'm going to be touring with some crazy Disney Star or something?"

"Actually, that's right," someone said behind her. Roxi spun her and heels to look at her Aunt Caroline - with her short, shoulder Length, Reddish hair, to her brown eyes. She had wicked grin on her face.

"Sis! I didn't know you'd be here so early!" Roxi's mom said, getting up from her wooden seat to hug her older sister.

"Yeah, the plane landed earlier than planned. It's nice to see everyone again. Is she ready to go?" Aunt Caroline asked.

"Wait, w-what?!" Roxi exclaimed, "I'm leaving today?"

"Sorry about the short notice, Hun," her father said softly, "Now go upstairs and pack up."

Roxi felt tears form in her eyes as she climbed the steps to her room and closed the door behind her. This wasn't suppose to happen. She had to stay in Las Vegas this summer. It was Alexa's last summer here, and she's going to move all the way to Japan with her family a day before school would start. They planned the whole summer out - Just Roxi and Alexa. Immediately, she sat down on her bed and called Alexa, who was number one on her speed dial.

"Hello?" came from the other line.

"Hey," Roxi muffled.

"Hey, Rox! What's up?" Alexa asked.

"I have some really...really bad news, Lexi," she said. The tears were now streaming down her pale face.

"What's wrong?" Alexa asked.

"Well, my parents are going on their second honey moon, and they want me to stay with my Aunt Caroline for the whole summer," Her best friend replied, "And my Aunt Caroline...She's a tour manager. She wants to bring me with her on a tour, that's across the country."

"What?! But this summer...it was suppose to be our summer!" Alexa cried through the phone.

"I know, but...I have no choice, They're making me!" Roxi said.

"This isn't fair."

"I know."

"Lexi, I gotta get packing. I think I'll be leaving tonight. Do you want to see me off?" Roxi said, wiping a few tears off her cheek.

"Well, of course I'd see my friend that I probably will never see again off," Alexa said, trying to cheer everything up, but it really wasn't working.

"Thanks...bye."

"Bye..."

Roxi ended the call and slipped the phone back to her jean pocket. She took out four gym bags that would probably take up most of her stuff, and a backpack. Clothes, personal items, shoes, her Dell Laptop, chargers, her DS that she had ever since 2000, her most favorite stuff animals, and her iPod were put into the bags.

Roxi glanced back at her beloved room and turned off the lights. She sighed and wiped a few more tears out of her eyes and walked slowly down the staircase with her bags to find her aunt and parents talking next to the door.

"Do you have everything?" her dad asked immediately. Roxi nodded and threw her stuff onto the floor with a small thud.

"I'm sorry, hun," Mrs. Madison said softly, kissing Roxi's head.

"This isn't fair..." came out of Roxi's lush lips.

"It's only three months!" Aunt Caroline said brightly.

"Like that'll cheer me up. When are we leaving?" the teenager said through tight lips.

"Right now," her dad said suddenly, after checking his wrist watch, "Everyone ready?"

"But - Alexa was suppose to see me off!" His daughter cried.

"You can call her on the way to the airport," Roxi's mom said, sweeping her and everyone out of the building.

"B-But," Roxi started.

"No but's. You and Aunt Caroline are going to be late! Hurry!" Her father said.

Roxi sighed and gave up as her, her parents, and her aunt got into their car. In the next few hours, She'll be in Florida with some crazy Disney stars. Her best friend will be here. And when Roxi comes back; her best friend will be across the world. This was surely, a summer from hell.