Beginnings Aren't So Simple

Since When Do Paparazzi Hang Out Near Dairy Queen?

"Oohh, This is an S.O.S. Don't wanna second guess, this is the bottom line. It's true. I gave my all for you, Now my heart's in two, and I can't find the other half. It's like I'm walking on broken glass, better believe I bled. It's a call I'll never get." Joe sang.

Roxi and her Aunt stood next to the stage, in the 'Staff-Only' area, where fans can't reach them, and they usually won't see them, either. The Jonas Brothers were singing S.O.S, which was their last number before the end of their part of the show before Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana gets on stage.

"They're really good!" Her Aunt shouted over the thousands of screaming girls like Roxi was listening.

Roxi was texting Alexa on a sidekick. She had some earplugs, that friend (who was a drummer) back in Las Vegas gave to her once when they were listening to an awful opening band at a concert, or and wasn't paying attention to anything.

RoxiTwilight: Damn, I miss you.

AlexaPyro: I miss you too.

RoxiTwilight: How's North Carolina?

AlexaPyro: It's okay. We're going back to Las Vegas in a few days, then we're gonna' head off to Japan...

RoxiTwilight: Ugh.

AlexaPyro: I know, right?

RoxiTwilight: Oh, crap. I have to go. The Jonas Brothers are finishing up.

AlexaPyro: They hott?

AlexaPyro: ;]

RoxiTwilight: =.= Bye, Lexi.

AlexaPyro: Bye, Rox.

Roxi put her sidekick back into her jean pockets and took out her earplugs.

"Thank you, New Jersey! We're the Jonas Brothers!" Joe yelled.

The arena filled with screams, cries, and cheers. Roxi groaned. It sounded like standing behind a Jet.

"Oh my god!" Roxi heard someone scream and point at her, "It's Joe's girlfriend!"

At the same time, Joe glanced over her area and noticed her face buried in her palms, and a group of girls pointing and shouting at her.

"C'mon, Roxi. Ignore them." her Aunt said to her, patting her back.

Roxi gripped onto her crutches and sighed, "Okay."

"OH MY GOD, IT'S HER!" She heard some more fans scream.

"EW!"

"SHE'S SO UGLY. WHY WOULD JOE WANT TO DATE HER?"

"Meh, I've seen better."

There were flashes of light from digital cameras and cell phones. Roxi put the earplugs back into her ear and limped away on her crutches. From now on, I'm staying in the bus. She thought to herself as her and her Aunt entered backstage.

"Roxi!" Joe said when he spotted her. He ran over to her and apologized nearly a billion times.

Roxi tilted her head in confusion, "What?!"

Joe raised his eyebrow and noticed the earplugs in her ear. He smiled softly and took them off for her, placing them in her right hand, "I'm really sorry about those girls out there."

Roxi shrugged and lied to Joe once again, "It's okay."

"Well, Miley's going to get on stage soon. Do you want to get some ice cream with me and the guys?" Joe asked, with a small shrug and smile.

"Whatever. I guess so. S'better than staying here and listening to Miley Cyrus." Roxi said.

"She's really nice, though," Nick said as he and Kevin walked over.

"Heh."

"Shall we go?" Kevin asked.

"Where is Rob?" Nick said.

"Right here."

Rob was a big guy who could kill someone by sitting on them. Although inside, he was really a big softy. No one knew what Rob's eye color were, for that his eyes were always covered by dark sunglasses. Even at night, he wouldn't take them off.

"There's a Dairy Queen a few minutes away from here," Rob informed them. "But there might be some paparazzi out there, though."

"It's okay," Kevin said. "They'll probably all be at the front of the arena, anyway."

They walked together out of the arena, with Rob following them closely behind. The boys had to walk slower because of Roxi's crutches. They reached Dairy Queen ten minutes later. No one was around except for them and the Employees.

"What do you want to order?" Joe asked Roxi.

"Well, I'm a big fan of their Brownie Earthquakes, but I never finish it all by myself. Usually Alexa would eat it with me," Roxi sighed.

"Alexa?" Nick asked curiously.

"She's my best friend back in Vegas. We were suppose to spend the whole summer together, 'cause she's leaving to Japan a few days before school starts, and then this whole You're-going-to-go-live-with-your-aunt-in-an-RV-with-Disney-Stars thing came up," Roxi replied, looking down.

"Do you want to share one with me, then?" Joe said suddenly.

Roxi looked up and smiled at Joe, "Really?"

Joe grinned, "Yeah, I love Brownie Earthquakes, anyways. C'mon, I'll pay."

"You don't have to..." Roxi said awkwardly, following him to the counter. "We can split it."

"Don't worry about it. Besides, you left your wallet in the RV," Joe mumbled, giving some money to the Cashier after placing the order.

"How'd you know?" Roxi asked with a raised eyebrow.

"After you guys left, I was looking for my Sharpie - just in case some fans wanted some autograph, y'know? - and I saw your wallet," He replied.

"Your Brownie Earthquake is ready," The cashier said, nodding to the dessert.

Joe took it and let his brothers order. Roxi followed him to a small, red table furthest away from the counter. Nick, Kevin, and Tony joined them.

The sun was setting, and cars passed the small Dairy Queens loudly and brightly with their headlights.

"I miss Florida." Nick sighed.

"Me too," Kevin said. "I hope we get to go back before the end of the tour."

"Yeah." Joe and Roxi chimed.

The group continued to eat their ice creams and chat for a good twenty three minutes, until Tony heard soft voices and the sound of a flash.

"Paparazzi." He mumbled stiffly.

"Uh-oh...C'mon, guys, let's go," Nick said, getting up to throw his ice cream away. Everyone did the same and followed Tony back to the arena. The voices were getting louder, but they couldn't speed up due to Roxi's crutches. And finally, the paparazzi caught up to them.

"ROXI, JOE, OVER HERE!"

"IS THAT ROXI?"

"KEVIN, ONE PICTURE!"

"NICK, DO YOU HAVE A GIRLFRIEND?"

"NICK, OVER HERE! KEVIN! JOE!"

"Tony..." Joe mumbled to the body guard.

Tony nodded and approached the paparazzi, while the others continued to walk as fast as Roxi's crutches would allow her.

"We have to get Roxi out of here, guys," Kevin said, "I don't think she wants to be on the cover of every magazine out there."

"You're right." Nick said.

"But I can't walk any faster!" Roxi cried.

"I'll carry you, if you want." Joe insisted.

"No, it's okay. Besides, they already think that I'm your girlfriend," Roxi growled.

"Ugh, I'll carry her!" Nick said. Before Roxi could say anything else, he picked her up (letting her crutches fall onto the ground. Kevin picked them up.) and ran ahead of his brothers. A second later, they arrived at the backstage of the arena with Joe and Kevin panting behind them.

"Put me downnnn!" Roxi whined.

"Fine, fine. Where are your crutches?" Nick said, looking around.

"Right here," Kevin said, handing them to Roxi as she got down from Nick's arms.

Joe stood quietly outside, leaning against the exit door's frame. Roxi limped over to Joe and tapped him on the shoulder. He jumped slightly and turned around.

"Hey," Roxi smiled at him, "What's up?"

Joe shrugged, "Roxi...I'm really sorry about all of this."

"That's like the fifth time you said sorry to me," She said, "I forgive you. It's not your fault, anyways."

"I know, but..." He sighed and ruffled the back of his hair, "Nick, Kevin, and I lost a few good friends through paparazzi, and I really, really don't that to happen to you."

"It won't happen, Joe." Roxi said.

Joe looked into Roxi's crystal blue eyes and sighed heartily, looking away.

"I promise." She smiled, then hugged him.

Joe chuckled and hugged her back, "Awesome."