Beginnings Aren't So Simple

You Don't Look Alike

For a second or two, Roxi was glad she was somewhat good again with Joe. His arms loosened and just hung around her shoulder now, watching the stage darken. Roxi inhaled, and, just as it was back when she met Chester Bennington, Joe still smelled like whatever cologne he used. It was amazing how rockstars always smelled good-- although Joe was no rockstar, he could surely be one if he tried.

Just as Roxi exhaled, she saw a girl with long blond hair come up to Joe out of the corner of her eye. She took her earplugs out, not needing them, and nearly dropping them as she saw who was nearly pressing against Joe. She could barely hear what she was saying, but what she saw was Miley Cyrus-- in this case, Hannah Montana, saying something to Joe and laughing. She gently shoved him against his chest as to flirt, and walked to make her so-called grand entrance.

"What the fuck?" Roxi wondered out loud.

"What?" Joe asked, taking his arm off Roxi's mid back, leaving the spot of cloth where his hand was sticking against her skin.

"She fucking annoys the hell out of me," Roxi scoffed as she followed Joe on the sidelines of the stage with a few other people.

Joe laughed dryly. "Awkward."

Roxi stared at him. "Is that your freakin' catchphrase?"

Joe turned to her. "You've been watching the videos again, haven't you?"

She played innocent, when a blond middle-aged woman with striking blue eyes-- or so she thought-- tapped Joe on the back. It was pretty soundproofed in the plastic box they sat in.

"Hey," Joe greeted the woman.

"Hi Joe," the woman said, kneading her hands. "Are you sure that they fixed that move from the routine right? I don't remember..." she pushed her long hair backward.

"Yeah, I remember Kenny saying that James is gonna be holding her the whole time, so... yeah," he smiled.

"Oh, okay, thanks," she looked at me. "You're from the magazine," she laughed. "I'm Tish, Miley's mom. Have you met her yet?"

'What an odd reaction from a mother whose daughter is a J-14 regular,' Roxi thought.

"I haven't met her, although she did stop by real quick and talked to Joe," Roxi said without emotion.

"Oh, I'll have to tell her to call you up later," Tish continued and Roxi mentally shuddered. At that, Tish left to sit down with Billy, leaving Joe and Roxi alone.

As soon as Kevin and Nick joined them in the room, Joe left Roxi.

After a few seconds of awkward silence, she moved closer to the glass where she watched the girl that she disliked so badly sing and flaunt about onstage. How could she flirt with Joe? That was disgusting. And illegal. Someone suddenly broke her out of her screaming thoughts.

"You like Nirvana?"

She looked down at her Nirvana tee, then back at the beautiful person who asked her the question.

He had sideswept black fringe hair and dusty blue eyes, and three various piercings. He wore a red Dresden Dolls shirt, and, even though she was tall, he still looked down at her.

"I fuckin' love Nirvana," she said, smiling at the guy and looking back out to concert, involuntarily snarling at the sparkly blond mess of whatever out onstage.

"Don't like her?"

"Not really."

"She's my sister."

She stared at the guy, and at... 'Hannah.'

"You don't look a thing alike."

He laughed. "I know. Half-sister... I don't like her music much either, honestly. That sounds really bad..." he reached his hand across his neck. "Ah well. I make some music, too."

"Really? What's your band?" Roxi asked, now deeply interested.

"Metro Station," he shrugged, and turned back to his sister. "She never really liked my music, I get my revenge," he grinned, showing a heart-shattering smile.

"Nice," Roxi said, before she was pulled by Joe.

"C'mon, we have to get back to the R.V.," he said, wrangling up Kevin and Nick as well.

"Seeiah later, I'm Roxi, haha," she started laughing as she was dragged away by her friends.

He smiled. "I'm Trace, and, seeiah."