Beginnings Aren't So Simple

And Then There Was A Scream...

"Hey, guys." Roxi smiled at the boys when they entered.

"Hey! What's up?" Kevin said, grabbing a Sprite from the Fridge.

"Meh. Nothing really," She shrugged and watched Nick turning on the TV.

"It's a lovely day. You guys should be outside," Roxi mumbled.

"Speak for yourself." Joe said, nodding over at the window. The skies were now grey, and buckets of rain were pouring down from the sky. She could see everyone rushing back into the Buses.

"Great, I love sucky weather," Roxi smiled.

"You do?" Nick looked at her in a weird way.

"Yep, always have. Well, I'll be in the bunks," She said, excusing her from the group and making her way back into the bunk area.

Joe let out a small sigh as he watched her walk away and turned to his brothers, "Wake me up in an hour so I can get ready for the concert."

"You goin' to sleep?" Kevin asked.

"Yeah. Really tired."

Joe slumped over to his bunk, still holding the Twilight book close to him. He laid there and closed his eyes, trying to sleep.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride."

Trace leaned into Roxi and placed a kiss on her lips. She smiled and returned the kiss, and everyone in the room cheered and clapped.

"No..." Joe moaned and stuffed his face into his hand, tears streaming down his face.

"Sucks for you, man," Trace laughed at him. And soon everyone in the room was, too. Joe looked up to see the faces of his brothers, laughing and pointing at him.


"Joe...JOE!"

Joe woke up with a gasp and sat up straight. He was sweating. He looked around. Roxi sat on his bunk, her hand on his leg, with a concerned look on her face, "Joe..."

"It's eleven. They canceled the concert. There's a Tornado warning," Roxi mumbled, she looked at him. "Are you okay?"

"Somewhat..." Joe replied softly, looking down.

"You were saying Trace's name."

"I was?"

"Yes."

"Oh..."

"What was your dream about?" Roxi asked curiously.

"Actually, I don't remember," He lied.

Roxi nodded, "Okay, then. Well, why don't you go take a cold shower. You're all warm and sweaty."

"Aha, yeah. Will do."

Roxi moved out of Joe's way and watched him disappear into the bathroom. She sighed and sat down on his bunk, thinking of what his nightmare could've been and why Trace Cyrus was involved in it.

And then there was a scream...