Beginnings Aren't So Simple

But On One Condition

"Joe, you fucked up." Nick growled through clenched teeth at his brother, narrowing his eyes.

Kevin turned to look at his younger brother; but he simply shook his head in shame.

"Oh, Joeeeee..." A high-pitched voice said behind him, causing him to jump and turn around. Miley Cyrus stood there. She was wrapped in pink robes and there was a baby in her arms, "Joseph Jr. needs his diaper changed."

"J-Joseph junior?" Joe stuttered.

And off into the distance, he could hear a laugh. A laugh that always made him smile. Roxi's laugh. He looked around to see if he could catch a glimpse of her. And there she was, but next to her, with his arms wrapped around her waist, was Trace Cyrus.


"DAMMIT, JOE!"

Someone slapped him across the face, causing him to sit up straight, panting. Joe looked around. Hovering over him were Roxi, Nick, and Kevin. Roxi had her hand in the air, but Kevin gently put it down to her side.

"You're doing it again." She spat.

"Again?" Nick and Kevin turned to Roxi.

"He had a nightmare when he took that nap, and when you guys were outside," Roxi explained, she took a seat next to Joe in his bed and felt his forehead. "Are you okay, Joe?"

"Yes..." Joe lied. He felt like shit.

"Well, I guess there's no need for us to be standing out here. I'm off to bed." Nick declared with a loud yawn. He climbed back up to his bed.

"Are you sure you okay, Joe?" Kevin inquired.

"Yes, I'm fine, Kev. Go back to sleep." Joe mumbled as politely as he could, but there was a rude edge to it.

Kevin looked at his brother for a few moments and then decided to go back to his bunk, giving Roxi a one-arm hugged before he did so, leaving Roxi and Joe on the bed.

There was pause, and then Joe's lips curled into a grin, "Awwwkwardddd."

Roxi rolled her eyes and punched him in the arm, "Go to sleep. You have a concert tomorrow."

"I don't want to go back to sleep." Joe confessed with a frown, "I don't have to have another nightmare."

"But you have to get some sleep, Joe," She sighed.

Joe bit his lip and looked into her Blue eyes. She really cared about him. Finally giving up, he nodded. "But on one condition."

"Shoot."

"You'll stay here with me?" he whispered ever so softly, leaning down slightly and putting his forehead on her's with a soft smile.

Roxi blushed and looked down quickly. "Fine."

"Yay!" Joe smiled.

"But don't even try anything, Jonas." Roxi warned him with a glare, but Joe was already snuggled into her arm, fast asleep.

She gave out a small laugh and snatched her Twilight book from under his pillow and began to read it, but after an hour, she heard Joe speak in his sleep.

"Roxi..."