Beginnings Aren't So Simple

Strange Dreams

Roxi grunted to herself, frustrated that Joe was talking in his sleep again, but then softened at the fact that it was her name. She started wondering why he was saying what he was, and she drifted off to sleep.

Roxi was standing on train tracks overlooking the city; the skyscrapers visible and the sky orange. Her crutches were gone. She was next to someone with no identity, until she looked over.

"It's beautiful," she said, smiling at the person. His smile made her heart flutter.

"Yeah. Very. That's why we're here," the person now identified as Joe said. "Come on. I want to show you something."

Roxi followed Joe deeper into the back of the train tracks, where the trees were covering the sky, which was now navy blue.

Abruptly, the atmosphere was scary and full of terror to Roxi. Something was off, and she was scared. Vunerable.

"Joe," she called to her friend, although it came out as a squeak.

He turned to her and, nearing her, reached out and grasped her hand; Roxi could feel his fingertips touching her palm.

Through the night's events, Joe never let go.


Roxi awoke with a start, feeling cold and nearly falling out of the bunk. She turned next to her to see a still-knocked-out Joseph, and she realized he was still locking her in the bunk with his arms. Comfortable where she was, she drifted back to sleep.

About half an hour later, calling woke her up. She stayed quiet.

"Roxi?"

That was Nick.

"Where'd she go?"

...That was Miley.

Wait, Miley? She must be with Nick.

"Roxi, are you up there?" Nick called. She'd been found out.

"Yeah, hold on," she said, sticking her feet on the ladder in place of her crutches and then looking at Nick, pulling her fingers through her hair.

"Honey, what are you doing?" Kevin asked her, much like her mother would. She snorted.

"Ah, this is awkward. He wouldn't go--" she paused when she saw Miley watching her. "Hey, Kev, come with me," she said, jumped down carefully, grabbed her crutches, and pulled Kevin to the television room.

"He wouldn't sleep last night unless I was there, says he," she said, rolling her eyes for believable effect.

"Ah," Kevin said, looking behind him. "Why did you pull me out of there?"

"I don't trust her," Roxi said honestly. Kevin nodded.

"Alright. Well, well; it looks like Joseph has a crush."

Roxi turned to him, mouth open. "Me? No."

Kevin shrugged. "Whatever you say." He smiled as Nick and Miley walked back into the room they were currently occupying.

"I'll go wake the last one up," Roxi said, quickly avoiding the room. She climbed up the bunk ladder carefully, opening the curtain, revealing a still-sleeping Joe.

"Joe," Roxi said quietly.

No movement.

"Joe."

Still none.

She sighed. "Joseph Jonas, get your ass out of bed so you can go straighten and comb your sex hair. Shall it ever really be that."

That got him.

He turned to her. "What did you say about my sex hair? Remember, I've got a ring." He shoved his hand in front of her, and she pushed it down.

"Go fix it."

He sighed. "Fiiine." Roxi climbed down the ladder, proceeded by Joe, and they both went to greet the people in the bus.

An hour and fifteen minutes of Roxi ready to punch out Miley, there was a knock at the door.

"I got this," Roxi said, jumping up with her crutches and walking to the door. She was greeted with the blue eyes of Trace.

"Heya," she said, coming out to greet him. Today was cloudy, but humid; better than yesterday. "What's up with you?"
♠ ♠ ♠
I'll let teh Toasty tell you what goes on in Trace and Roxi's conversation.