Beginnings Aren't So Simple

Why Do You Care About Me So Much?

After the boys came back from their concert, they walked into a completely silent bus. Usually they could hear Roxi playing Guitar Hero, cooking, typing on the keyboard, but today... It was nothing.

"Roxi?" Kevin called out, a worried edge to his voice.

No answer.

"Erm, Roxi? We're back!" Nick tried.

Again, no answer.

Without speaking a word to each other, the three boys ran to the back of the bus.

Nothing.

"Guys?" Roxi's voice came from the front of the bus.

"Roxi!" Nick cried. He dashed over to her and pull her into a hug.

"Whoa... What's up, Nick?" Roxi said, tilting her head slightly.

"I-I thought...since you weren't here, I thought y-you..." Nick started, but he got cut off by Roxi putting a long finger on his lips.

"I'd never do that, Nicholas. Why would you think I'd do such a thing?"

"Well... You were really sad earlier today, and sometimes...y-you know...people do stuff." he mumbled.

"Wait... What happened earlier?" Joe asked sternly, his eyes set on Roxi.

"Nothing." Roxi growled.

"Roxi..." Kevin started, but she limped back to the bunk, ignoring the brothers.

She was happy just a second ago when she was out for her walk, but when Joe talked to her, a sudden rage just came over her. Maybe because he was just the cause of all things worth crying over for the last few weeks.

Roxi placed her crutches down and climbed onto her bunk. She didn't bother closing the privacy curtain and booted up her laptop. While it was loading, she took out the Dream Diary from earlier and re-read for the hundredth time.

"Roxi?"

Joe...

She quickly put her Dream Diary under her pillow and looked at him. "Yeah?"

Joe examined her quietly. Her make-up was smeared from her tears, and her hair was a complete mess, "Mind if I sit down?" he asked softly.

Roxi sighed and scooted over to make some room for him.

"Roxi... What's up with you?" Joe asked.

"Nothing." She replied, turning away.

He sighed, "There's something up with you. Why do you get mad at me whenever I say a word?"

"Haven't you heard of a 'Time of the Month'?" Roxi lied. She wasn't on it, yet, but hell, it was a great excuse for her mood swings.

"Oh..." Joe mumbled, uncomfortably scratching the back of his neck. "Well...if you have anything bugging you, just tell me, okay?"

Roxi shifted herself to face Joe. Their bodies were now pressed on each others, "Joe?"

"Yeah?"

"Why do you care so much about me?" She whispered, looking up at his eyes.

Joe bit his lip, "Well...er...Because..."